The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I think it would be fair if survivors see the name of the host

2»

Comments

• NathanExplosion
    NathanExplosion Member Posts: 337
    edited February 2019

@SenzuDuck said:

Or you could read the rest of the thread where he talks about MLGA ”addons” that I can’t find on google at all.
    Just seems weird to me that theres no guide, or websites or anything with these so called master lists on them, or any of these addons existing anywhere... almost as if... they don't exist.

ill happily link anyone to the thread via a private message so they can confirm. Unlike you I have no issue with proving something...

still waiting for you to link to all those comments of me lying.

you just dismiss everything without evidence and then call me the liar it’s hilarious.

Of course you forgot to mention that these kind of features already existed, and was obviously abused to oblivion, hence why the Devs intervention (after months of ignoring it the problems as usual, so much that it became a matchmaking problem) by removing it of whitelist.

The "Blocked/Loved" feature for example.
    At the time MLGA became a problem, peoples using it were already talking about much specific category (camper,etc...) to add.

I think it's also one of the reason devs suddenly reacted.

Normal thing, it was already causing problem but the mass of entitled childrens were still working and debating which new "class" should have the priority to be added : camper or toxic tunneller ? LUL

https://github.com/PsiLupan/MakeLobbiesGreatAgain

Everything is there, nothing better than the source for everyone to make an opinion.

I still remember the creator's entitled rant when it was removed from whitelist.

The salt was real... and tasty.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited February 2019

@NathanExplosion said:
    Of course you forgot to mention that these kind of features already existed, and was obviously abused to oblivion, hence why the Devs intervention (after months of ignoring it the problems as usual, so much that it became a matchmaking problem) by removing it of whitelist.

The "Blocked/Loved" feature for example.
    At the time it already became a problem, peoples using it were already talking about much specific category (camper,etc...) to add.

I think it's also one of the reason devs suddenly reacted.

Normal thing, it was already causing problem but the mass of entitled childrens were still working and debating which new "class" should have the priority to be added : camper or toxic tunneller ? LUL

Everything is there, nothing better than the source for everyone to make an opinion.

I still remember the creator's entitled rant when it was removed from whitelist.

The salt was real... and tasty.

My second comment in this thread says

"of course people blocked for things like that but the rest of the comment is BS."

I never dismissed that there was a blocked list, but this whole "survivor sharing master lists of awful killers" is complete hyperbole.

Again, nothing you've posted has any evidence, just you saying someone said this and someone did that.

I can't find a single link to a master list, let alone it ever being mentioned.

But heck, STILL waiting for all the evidence of me lying.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited February 2019

They just need to remove survivor names and the ability to see the profile, they removed survivors being able to do it for absusing dodging so I do not see why its right to leave it so the other side can do the same.

Anyone who believe's survivors shouldn't be able to dodge for things within the games parameters just because they dont agree with them should welcome the idea.

The killer should be able to see survivors with items so they can setup to play versus them, they do need to also work on being able to dodge for items and at the same time remove being able to last second switch as they go hand in hand.

• NathanExplosion
    edited February 2019

@SenzuDuck said:

Already answered, nearly all of your post.

@SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:
    People really have a short memory. 
    MLGA was removed from the whitelist because survivors put players that played specific killers like Freddy on their blacklist. 
    MLGA shared the list. Which was supposed to track high ping, unsportsmanlike players, etc.
    Then survivors dodged killers, because they were on that list. This resulted in terribly long queues for both sides as no one could play.
    The devs had to intervene and remove MLGA from the whitelist. 

Source?

Or are you continuing your method of making things up and hoping no one realises?

^

This one to begin with.

The reason i'm here.

It's been quite the time that i see Tsulan being harassed by some known regulars of this forum.

The prize of being one of the last killer still here i guess.

I respect a lot his patience tho.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@antgnstea said:
    First of all I am not saying survivors should see who the killer is just asking to see the name of the player. Killers can see all 4 survivors name and look into their profile and sometimes decide not to play with them. If that continues I had to ask why survivors can’t see the name of the host. Of course the name can be changed yet it could give you information that you need sometimes. 

For example today I had 3 matches with the same lag switching player. If I had known the name at the beginning I wouldn’t end up with same frustration of filling additional player reports over and over again.

Now I am reluctant to join a lobby cause I just don’t want to fly around the map and find myself on the hook again. 

Scouting but even easier

• Seanzu

@NathanExplosion said:

@SenzuDuck said:

Already answered, nearly all of your post.

@SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:
    People really have a short memory. 
    MLGA was removed from the whitelist because survivors put players that played specific killers like Freddy on their blacklist. 
    MLGA shared the list. Which was supposed to track high ping, unsportsmanlike players, etc.
    Then survivors dodged killers, because they were on that list. This resulted in terribly long queues for both sides as no one could play.
    The devs had to intervene and remove MLGA from the whitelist. 

Source?

Or are you continuing your method of making things up and hoping no one realises?

^

This one to begin with.

The reason i'm here.

It's been quite the time that i see Tsulan being harassed by some known regulars of this forum.

The prize of being one of the last killer still here i guess.

I respect a lot his patience tho.

How is that a flat out lie by the way?
    He literally hasn't proven what he's said to be true and even has you holding his hand and neither of you have proved there was a master list being shared.

• NoxiousOnnyyxx
    NoxiousOnnyyxx Member Posts: 343
    You used to be able to by looking at the currently playing with. Idk if that's still a thing. Although, I think both parties had to be online. 
  • NathanExplosion

@SenzuDuck said:

Because you know that what he say is true most of the time (like in that case) but here you are, in nearly every threads he posted on, using ad hominem and usual toxic survivor's fallacy in a desperate attempt to discredit him.

We both know it, that's really not the first time you and the usual others peoples are doing it, i'm just pointing out.

Knowing the fact that his posts seems still quite listened to, despite you acting that way, is delicious.

He literally hasn't proven what he's said to be true and even has you holding his hand and neither of you have proved there was a master list being shared.

"MakeLobbiesGreatAgain uses a packet capture library to detect STUN packets from any peer-to-peer connection, in order to determine who you're connected to and get ping from."
    "Optional Features:

Double-Click to lock/unlock the overlay for dragging
    Shift + Left Click on a player, highlighted in a darker color for current selection, to toggle to BLOCKED, LOVED, or back to the normal display
    To exit, simply look for the icon in your system tray near the clock, right-click, and select Exit."

• Seanzu
    edited February 2019

@NathanExplosion said:

@SenzuDuck said:

Because you know that what he say is true most of the time (like in that case) but here you are, in nearly every threads he posted on, using ad hominem and usual toxic survivor's fallacy in a desperate attempt to discredit him.

We both know it, that's really not the first time you and the usual others peoples are doing it, i'm just pointing out.

Knowing the fact that his posts seems still quite listened to, despite you acting that way, is delicious.

"MakeLobbiesGreatAgain uses a packet capture library to detect STUN packets from any peer-to-peer connection, in order to determine who you're connected to and get ping from."
    "Optional Features:

Double-Click to lock/unlock the overlay for dragging
    Shift + Left Click on a player, highlighted in a darker color for current selection, to toggle to BLOCKED, LOVED, or back to the normal display
    To exit, simply look for the icon in your system tray near the clock, right-click, and select Exit."

Ok, now I know you have to be trolling.

I know there's a block feature, but where this master list thats being shared between players.

There is no "ad hominem". the entire conversation is the fact that Tsulan likes to make up things and hopes no one checks it out.

Guess what, there's no master block list being shared between anyone, that would have been incredibly nefarious but of course Tsulan has to pretend there is one to continue his crusade against survivors.

You keep mentioning this block feature that you know... I've already acknowledged in two comments in this thread but you bring it up again OMEGALUL.

Also, how is it that whenever i ask for proof, I come across a huge defensive post saying they don't need to, but when I'm asked for it I provide it without hesitation... seems weird that some people have no issue providing proof while others like to dismiss the need for it.

Smart people

• NathanExplosion

@SenzuDuck said:

I know there's a block feature, but where this master list thats being shared between players.

Guess what, there's no master block list being shared between anyone, that would have been incredibly nefarious but of course Tsulan has to pretend there is one to continue his crusade against survivors.

You keep mentioning this block feature that you know... I've already acknowledged in two comments in this thread but you bring it up again OMEGALUL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STUN

"STUN is a tool used by other protocols, such as Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE), the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), or WebRTC. It provides a tool for hosts to discover the presence of a network address translator, and to discover the mapped, usually public, Internet Protocol (IP) address and port number that the NAT has allocated for the application's User Datagram Protocol (UDP) flows to remote hosts. The protocol requires assistance from a third-party network server (STUN server) located on the opposing (public) side of the NAT, usually the public Internet. "

Looks like you can't figure it by yourself by reading it alone.

• Seanzu
    edited February 2019

@NathanExplosion said:

@SenzuDuck said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STUN

"STUN is a tool used by other protocols, such as Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE), the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), or WebRTC. It provides a tool for hosts to discover the presence of a network address translator, and to discover the mapped, usually public, Internet Protocol (IP) address and port number that the NAT has allocated for the application's User Datagram Protocol (UDP) flows to remote hosts. The protocol requires assistance from a third-party network server (STUN server) located on the opposing (public) side of the NAT, usually the public Internet. "

Looks like you can't figure it by yourself by reading it alone.

and it's very clear you don't understand anything about this, lmao.

Tell me how this was creating a database that was being shared between players to create master block lists that were creating 45+ minute queues, lmao.

• NathanExplosion
    edited February 2019

@SenzuDuck said:

Is that all you have to come back with ?

Is that been that much time you didn't faced any opposition that you are already that tired ?

Looks like.

• Seanzu

@NathanExplosion said:

@SenzuDuck said:

Is that been that much time you didn't faced any opposition that you are already that tired ?

Looks like.

You literally linked a wiki page and was like "but dis". That proves nothing, I can't find a single discussion anywhere from anyone about master lists and blocking players and sharing that list, not a single conversation

But it's ok, you have a wiki page LUL

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

I mean, when dedicated servers killer won't be the host.

Odds are killer's name will still be hidden though.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816

I agree

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    SenzuDuck said:

@NathanExplosion said:

@SenzuDuck said:

Looks like.

You literally linked a wiki page and was like "but dis". That proves nothing, I can't find a single discussion anywhere from anyone about master lists and blocking players and sharing that list, not a single conversation

But it's ok, you have a wiki page LUL

Wait... I just realized that you base your whole rant on the word "shared"? 
    Everything else was correct but since I used "shared" you call me a liar and start a fight?

Even IF it wasn't shared.
    Survivors used MLGA to block killers for whatever reason they liked.
    This caused long queues because everyone blacklisted Freddy. 
    The devs contacted the creator of MLGA and took it off the whitelist. 

You act like everything was made up.
  • Seanzu

@Tsulan said:
    Everything else was correct but since I used "shared" you call me a liar and start a fight?

It's far worse than just using the word "shared".

With this comment you accuse MLGA creator of making a master list, and sharing it across survivors to so they didn't have to do much work and could dodge people based on others recommendations.

That's a pretty heavy accusation on survivors especially for something that isn't true.

"This resulted in terribly long queues for both sides" When did it? another false statement that has no proof other than your speculation lobbies have always been weird, especially around events, but to make up your own statement and say it was due to MLGA is ridiculous.

Pretty much no one stopped using MLGA that was using it and we still have queue issues, there is no correlation.

• Tsulan
    edited February 2019
    SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:

It's far worse than just using the word "shared".

With this comment you accuse MLGA creator of making a master list, and sharing it across survivors to so they didn't have to do much work and could dodge people based on others recommendations.

That's a pretty heavy accusation on survivors especially for something that isn't true.

"This resulted in terribly long queues for both sides" When did it? another false statement that has no proof other than your speculation lobbies have always been weird, especially around events, but to make up your own statement and say it was due to MLGA is ridiculous.

Pretty much no one stopped using MLGA that was using it and we still have queue issues, there is no correlation.

Could you mark the spot where I used the words "master list" please?
    Where I accuse the creator of MLGA directly?
  • Seanzu
    edited February 2019

@Tsulan said:

[MLGA shared the list]. Which was supposed to track high ping, unsportsmanlike players, etc.
    [Then survivors dodged killers, because they were on that list.] This resulted in terribly long queues for both sides as no one could play.

I've used square brackets to mark it.

"MLGA Shared That List" & "Then survivors dodged killers, because they were on that list"

incase you missed the brackets.

You don't use the word "master list" but I just used it to simply what you were saying.

You basically say MLGA had a list that they shared, and then players would dodge based on "that list". Only conclusion I can come to is you're saying MLGA had a master list they shared so players would find it easier to dodge.

There's also this comment "Yes people bragged about it on the steam forum and about the shared lists."

Shared List/Master List - It's the same thing, implying survivors would share blocked lists to save others the hassle.

• NathanExplosion

@SenzuDuck said:

"MLGA Shared That List" & "Then survivors dodged killers, because they were on that list"

You basically say MLGA had a list that they shared, and then players would dodge based on "that list". Only conclusion I can come to is you're saying MLGA had a master list they shared so players would find it easier to dodge.

There's also this comment "Yes people bragged about it on the steam forum and about the shared lists."

Shared List/Master List - It's the same thing, implying survivors would share blocked lists to save others the hassle.

Because you deny it now ?

• Seanzu

@NathanExplosion said:

@SenzuDuck said:

Because you deny it now ?

What am I denying?

Dude, are you actually sure you know how to read? I'm not denying anything lmfao.

• Pizzaman
    Pizzaman Member Posts: 500

@Tucking_Friggered said:

I recognize the pre dedicated server propaganda when I see it. I can't wait for this to come and to laugh at the outcome when it does. You are not going to have a killer community stuck with only SWF games. Whoever has sold you on this idea has did you a great disservice.

The recent event showed you just how easy it is for a point discrepancy to shift the scales. Now when you have your majority mediocre killer players (most are not Marth, Tru, Tyde, or Monto) thrown to the wolves of dedicated swf groups how do you deduce it's going to go over well?

Jeez. Are you watching me? My P3-50 Squadette Ops SWF Team is ready:

-> all DS, 2 x Unbreakable, 2 x Borrowed Time, SC, SB/DH
    -> 2 x purple Flashlights with Green Battery + Low Amp Fillament, 2 x Instea Heals
    -> 4 x increased hook spawn distance Offerings
    -> Condenser Microphones for maximum quality voice coms to broadcast Killer and Hex Totem locations to the team mates in realtime, plan diversions and rescue missions, and orchestrate synchronised Exit-Gate T-Baggings.

WE ARE STANDING BY, WAITING FOR DEDICATED SERVERS.

gg ez

• NathanExplosion

@SenzuDuck said:

What am I denying?

@SenzuDuck said:

• Tsulan
    SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:

[MLGA shared the list]. Which was supposed to track high ping, unsportsmanlike players, etc.
    [Then survivors dodged killers, because they were on that list.] This resulted in terribly long queues for both sides as no one could play.

You don't use the word "master list" but I just used it to simply what you were saying.

So I didn't use master list. Nor did I accuse the creator of MLGA.
    But you call me a liar and put words into my mouth because of your conclusions. Which are your opinion and no facts.

I think you derailed this enough with your rant. 
    How about we stop this before a mod shuts this down. 
  • Dead_by_David
    Dead_by_David Member Posts: 270

@antgnstea said:
    Dead_by_David said:

I do not think survivors should see the killers anything, part of the fun is the gambling with perks and trying to win when the killer is countering your play style. I like the games that force me to adapt and are not a just bring these perks to win.

And they put which perks they’re running in their name, right?

What do you mean?

• antgnstea
    antgnstea Member Posts: 869

@antgnstea said:
    Dead_by_David said:

I do not think survivors should see the killers anything, part of the fun is the gambling with perks and trying to win when the killer is countering your play style. I like the games that force me to adapt and are not a just bring these perks to win.

What do you mean?

You said it like knowing a killer’s name mean knowing their perks. That’s what I meant you still don’t know who the host play as or what are their perks. 
  • Dead_by_David
    Dead_by_David Member Posts: 270

@antgnstea said:
    Dead_by_David said:

@antgnstea said:

Dead_by_David said:

What do you mean?

You said it like knowing a killer’s name mean knowing their perks. That’s what I meant you still don’t know who the host play as or what are their perks. 

Oh I understand now, This is very true and I was confused! I will admit that I am sick of lobby dodgers however I do think it will be used to dodge killers people do not like.

Instead of all this they should just put an avoid option at the end so people do not match with who they do not like.

• Seanzu
    edited February 2019

@Tsulan said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@Tsulan said:

So I didn't use master list. Nor did I accuse the creator of MLGA.
    But you call me a liar and put words into my mouth because of your conclusions. Which are your opinion and no facts.

I think you derailed this enough with your rant. 
    How about we stop this before a mod shuts this down. 

How is

""MLGA Shared That List" & "Then survivors dodged killers, because they were on that list""

not accusing MLGA? You literally said that survivors were dodging games based on "that list" referring to a list MLGA Shared?

• e8Lattice
    e8Lattice Member Posts: 189

@Maelstrom10 said:
    That would just result in even more dodged lobbies. Don't like the killers main? Dodge. Don't like losing to a certain player? Dodge.
    The only reason killers can see names is that there in a role of power. Even then you shouldn't really see names till the games start tbh

Which is exactly what happens now if you mirror the problem:

Don't like the Survivors main? Dodge. Don't like losing to a certain player? Dodge.

Killers shouldn't see Survivors names, Survivors shouldn't see Killers names. Neither have any reason to know this other than to dodge matches.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@e8Lattice said:

@Maelstrom10 said:
    That would just result in even more dodged lobbies. Don't like the killers main? Dodge. Don't like losing to a certain player? Dodge.
    The only reason killers can see names is that there in a role of power. Even then you shouldn't really see names till the games start tbh

Don't like the Survivors main? Dodge. Don't like losing to a certain player? Dodge.

Killers shouldn't see Survivors names, Survivors shouldn't see Killers names. Neither have any reason to know this other than to dodge matches.

The difference is that when survivors were dodging, queues were impossibly long for both sides. Right now, queues are long for survivors because there aren't many people playing killer.

• twistedmonkey
    Orion said:

The difference is that when survivors were dodging, queues were impossibly long for both sides. Right now, queues are long for survivors because there aren't many people playing killer.

Queues were longer for survivors due to the event being more survivor sided point wise, they adusted killer scoring for that very fact.

Just a heads up to people so to not make this scenario something it's not.
  • Orion

@twistedmonkey said:
    Queues were longer for survivors due to the event being more survivor sided point wise, they adusted killer scoring for that very fact.

And how do you explain survivor queues having become longer over the past several months? The event was just the last straw, nothing more.

• Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922

@Orion said:

@e8Lattice said:

@Maelstrom10 said:

Queues for me are long iregardless (rank 1 survivor and rank 4 killer atm. plus the event going on and me being in nz, Queue times are always abysmal). people shouldn't dodge lobbies. though being paired with anything higher then a set ping should be an option. however you shouldn't really be able to dodge

• Orion

@Maelstrom10 said:

@Orion said:

@e8Lattice said:

@Maelstrom10 said:

Queues for me are long iregardless (rank 1 survivor and rank 4 killer atm. plus the event going on and me being in nz, Queue times are always abysmal). people shouldn't dodge lobbies. though being paired with anything higher then a set ping should be an option. however you shouldn't really be able to dodge

*regardless, and it's no surprise that someone living in a relatively remote region has long queues.

• Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922

@e8Lattice said:

@Maelstrom10 said:

Thats what im saying? im countering the original point that survivors should be able to dodge killers, because imo nobody should be able to dodge. sure let us have ping restrictions so we get good matches at the expense of longer lobbies but we shouldn't be able to dodge

• twistedmonkey
    edited February 2019
    Orion said:

@twistedmonkey said:

And how do you explain survivor queues having become longer over the past several months? The event was just the last straw, nothing more.

From my personal experience killer queue is longer as i get survivor queues instantly and I have saw more killers complaining about queue times than survivors over the past months.

Most of the recent survivor ones have mainly been on PS4 where there was a nat problem being discussed.
  • Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

Yes Warlock I do in fact think that the couch jockey should avoid labeling the absolute worst player in the professional sports league bad. Being the worst of the best is still better than the rest of the lethargic masses by magnitudes.
    Whether Tyde is better than the others or not he is still far beyond most of the general community. Tyde hits rank 1 survivor or killer whenever he cares too.
    Your singling out of him came off as more political and grudge based. You could have simply gave your own list. While I do not know Tyde personally I have joined his Twitch and follow his YouTube videos and I'm not going to go along with him being smacked on and not give a counter.

Wow, 6was not aware that I was speaking with his #1 fan. You seem to take this all very serious. I made a simple, admittedly sarcastic,  comment about how I agreed with all you said up till you mentioned Tyde, and go full blown attack dog for the guy.

Just about any of us can reach rank 1 at will. That is not hard to do. I met a 10 year old , who should not be playing this game, who is a rank 1 killer with 5 p3 killers. Skill has Jack to do with it. Tyde is a joke when compared to the others you mentioned and that is all there is to it. Now, back to the topic at hand.

Seeing profiles is pointless and only lends to griefing. Even survivor profiles. If anyone cared about reputation in this game then most of the toxic behavior would be bannable. It is not, so forget about it.
  • Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636

@Warlock_2020 said:
    Tucking_Friggered said:

@Warlock_2020 said:

Yes Warlock I do in fact think that the couch jockey should avoid labeling the absolute worst player in the professional sports league bad. Being the worst of the best is still better than the rest of the lethargic masses by magnitudes.

Whether Tyde is better than the others or not he is still far beyond most of the general community. Tyde hits rank 1 survivor or killer whenever he cares too.

Your singling out of him came off as more political and grudge based. You could have simply gave your own list. While I do not know Tyde personally I have joined his Twitch and follow his YouTube videos and I'm not going to go along with him being smacked on and not give a counter.

Wow, 6was not aware that I was speaking with his #1 fan. You seem to take this all very serious. I made a simple, admittedly sarcastic,  comment about how I agreed with all you said up till you mentioned Tyde, and go full blown attack dog for the guy.

Just about any of us can reach rank 1 at will. That is not hard to do. I met a 10 year old , who should not be playing this game, who is a rank 1 killer with 5 p3 killers. Skill has Jack to do with it. Tyde is a joke when compared to the others you mentioned and that is all there is to it. Now, back to the topic at hand.

Seeing profiles is pointless and only lends to griefing. Even survivor profiles. If anyone cared about reputation in this game then most of the toxic behavior would be bannable. It is not, so forget about it.

When you can prove that you can duplicate what he does then you can state things as a matter of fact and have them taken seriously. Until then, no.