The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Let us consume items for 1/3rd the bp

Anyone have items/offerings they feel they never use? We should be able to destroy them to gain back some bloodpoints for the bloodweb.
The devs could also take data from this for the most destroyed, item/offering/add-on in order to possibly rework them πŸ™‚

Comments

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    Yes. All of them.
  • Rekin
    Rekin Member Posts: 9
    Yes that's a sound idea. And let us recycle all these useless things from Hallowed Blight etc.
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    Yes, please. So much crap in my inventory and bloodwebs.
  • Maelstrom10
    Maelstrom10 Member Posts: 1,922
    Yes, please. So much crap in my inventory and bloodwebs.
    Same tbh
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

Yeah many times this has been proposed but it seems to me that the devs don't want to go with this. It seems to be a good idea though.

• Maelstrom10
    Delfador said:

Yeah many times this has been proposed but it seems to me that the devs don't want to go with this. It seems to be a good idea though.

I think the devs are just apprehensive about anything that could possibly make the grind easier. And don't want to spring on any immediate decisions. That being said I do think it would be a great decision. It would also allow them to gain data for what's not being used, in order to possibly rework content in order for people to use it ie, people getting rid of broken keys as an example or getting rid of basic flashlight/medkit addons
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Not gonna happen. As much as we hate it, the grind is a needed mechaninc to chain people to the game. It's necessary: we all want the shortest possible waiting times in lobby.

Not that I wouldn't love it. It would land me some 10M BP :) All those Smelly Inner Soles and Chainsaw Files...

• Maelstrom10

@George_Soros said:
    Not gonna happen. As much as we hate it, the grind is a needed mechaninc to chain people to the game. It's necessary: we all want the shortest possible waiting times in lobby.

Not that I wouldn't love it. It would land me some 10M BP :) All those Smelly Inner Soles and Chainsaw Files...

Then let us at p3 do it atleast. we've done and commited to the grind.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@George_Soros said:

Then let us at p3 do it atleast. we've done and commited to the grind.

Hey don't look at me, I ain't no dev!
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited February 2019

I can already hear the distant cries from some killers: "But survivors can farm rare items from chests! That''s unfair!"

• Delfador

@Maelstrom10 said:

I think the devs are just apprehensive about anything that could possibly make the grind easier. And don't want to spring on any immediate decisions. That being said I do think it would be a great decision. It would also allow them to gain data for what's not being used, in order to possibly rework content in order for people to use it ie, people getting rid of broken keys as an example or getting rid of basic flashlight/medkit addons

Yeah I feel the same way. Grind is one of the most important reasons why people play this game so much and the devs don't want to reduce it.

I have made necessary math. Your average gain is 100k per hour as a survivor and you need to level up 14 survivors to 40 meaning 14 million bloodpoints, and then for your main you need additional 7-8 million bloodpoints to get all of the perks.

1 mil for 10 hours.
    22 mil for 220 hours.

At least now your survivor side is complete since all of them are just skins. For killer side, it is so much more difficult.

They don't want to do something about this but they clearly should do. At least for perks because grinding for them is insane.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited February 2019

What if you could combine stuff you don't use into recipes that have a chance to give you better stuff? Sort of like the Grinder from Borderlands. You put in something like 10 items and it gives you a random item of a higher rarity. Only stipulation I would say is that all the items put in and the item that comes out are of the same type. So offerings to get offerings, items to get items, add-ons to get add-ons.

Killers could throw in all those useless purple myst/splinters and get some moris. Survivors could throw in all those broken keys and maybe get a purple flashlight. Stuff like that. Keeps the economy where it is but let's you make use of the useless stuff. And since there is no guarantee you get the item you want then it's balanced. Oh and also let's us get rid of all those useless event offerings when the event is over (I would treat them as yellow rarity)

• Maelstrom10

What if you could combine stuff you don't use into recipes that have a chance to give you better stuff? Sort of like the Grinder from Borderlands. You put in something like 10 items and it gives you a random item of a higher rarity. Only stipulation I would say is that all the items put in and the item that comes out are of the same type. So offerings to get offerings, items to get items, add-ons to get add-ons.

Killers could throw in all those useless purple myst/splinters and get some moris. Survivors could throw in all those broken keys and maybe get a purple flashlight. Stuff like that. Keeps the economy where it is but let's you make use of the useless stuff. And since there is no guarantee you get the item you want then it's balanced. Oh and also let's us get rid of all those useless event offerings when the event is over (I would treat them as yellow rarity)

Wouldn't mind a system like this either tbh πŸ€”
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

You found a way to make it to where people cannot say preform this on legion thank you
    Also I like this idea I have too many rulers on legion dont want, same with cypress moris

• Hoodied

@White_Owl said:
    I can already hear the distant cries from some killers: "But survivors can farm rare items from chests! That''s unfair!"

Survivors: Finally we can get a good portion of bp
    Killers:ThEy GoT a BoOsT iN bP wE dEsErVe A BbQ bP BoOsT

• Maelstrom10

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@White_Owl said:

We all need bp man. no ones gonna be complaining there getting extra. Literally no one is going to complain about getting extra bp

• Delfador

@Maelstrom10 said:

We all need bp man. no ones gonna be complaining there getting extra. Literally no one is going to complain about getting extra bp

Oh boy are you wrong.

Believe me people will ######### about it, I can assure you.

To put in perspective, you know WGLF right? This perk is supposed to be a perk that forces you to perform alturistic actions etc. People suggested that survivors should get tokens when they heal their teammates and pick them up when they are on the ground. People complained about it. This doesn't change the balance or anything btw. It just improves the gameplay.

You know that killers can't get their tokens if survivors disconnect before killers hook them right? People suggested that killers should get a token if somebody disconnects and people complained about it. This doesn't change the balance or anything btw. It just improves the gameplay.

Users in this forum don't give a fck about balance or fun of the game, they just hate the other side and try to oppose anything that might potentially please them. Are you new to the forums or something?

• Maelstrom10

@Delfador said:

@Maelstrom10 said:

Oh boy are you wrong.

Believe me people will ######### about it, I can assure you.

To put in perspective, you know WGLF right? This perk is supposed to be a perk that forces you to perform alturistic actions etc. People suggested that survivors should get tokens when they heal their teammates and pick them up when they are on the ground. People complained about it. This doesn't change the balance or anything btw. It just improves the gameplay.

You know that killers can't get their tokens if survivors disconnect before killers hook them right? People suggested that killers should get a token if somebody disconnects and people complained about it. This doesn't change the balance or anything btw. It just improves the gameplay.

Users in this forum don't give a fck about balance or fun of the game, they just hate the other side and try to oppose anything that might potentially please them. Are you new to the forums or something?

No im not new. my point was that no one would complain about getting equal opportunity for bloodpoints. yes i realise there are problems with WGLF and BBQ/C but those are perks. this would be an inbuilt system allowing us to get rid of things we don't use on both survivor and killer. BOTH SIDES BENEFIT. let me repeat both sides benefit from this change. there is no advantage one side has over the other, unless you count "farming items" on survivor, in order to then delete them, which sure could be seen as such to some degree i guess? but the best way to do that would be to run plunderers and ace in the hole which would result in useful items anyways...?

• Delfador

@Maelstrom10 you missed my point.

People are against common sense suggestions just because it benefits the other side.

@White_Owl said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

These two quotes are literally true. Survivors have an 'advantage' and it is going to create problems. It might seem like a minor inconvenience to you but it is a huge ass problem for some people. I am not saying that it is a problem for me, I think that survivors already earn less bp than killers, it wouldn't kill the game but then again some people will hate it.

Again, I love your idea but don't expect everybody to be happy about it. That's what these 2 gentlemen were saying.

• Hoodied

@Maelstrom10 said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@White_Owl said:

I am just joking

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

If this system was impleemented which I think it should be by the by, then I can see some problems arrising in the imediate aftermath of the changes. Atleastt with more seasoned players. But in the long run I can see this feature being a great addition after the initial wave once we give time to balance out the invertorys. The only thing is I would increase the price of everything by 10% and only give use 33% of the current price.

• Maelstrom10

@Delfador said:

People are against common sense suggestions just because it benefits the other side.

@White_Owl said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

These two quotes are literally true. Survivors have an 'advantage' and it is going to create problems. It might seem like a minor inconvenience to you but it is a huge ass problem for some people. I am not saying that it is a problem for me, I think that survivors already earn less bp than killers, it wouldn't kill the game but then again some people will hate it.

Again, I love your idea but don't expect everybody to be happy about it. That's what these 2 gentlemen were saying.

• toxicfengm1n was joking apparently.
    • and how is a system that both benefits killer and survivor, something that would be a "problem for killers?" i mean you'd have the same rate of return? if both can turn in addons/offerings they don't want then why would killers apparently be up in arms? everyone i know, killer main, or survivor wants and wishes for the grind to be lessened. this would help with both sides so i don't see your point. this isn't just a pro survivor change
  • White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

@Delfador said:
    Users in this forum don't give a fck about balance or fun of the game, they just hate the other side and try to oppose anything that might potentially please them.

You couldn't say it better.

@OP just to be clear, I would love that change, I was just jokingly saying that people will complain, knowing this community

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

@White_Owl said:

It's like they don't realize there's a Swap button, and that they, too, could play Survivor.

• Hoodied

@Maelstrom10 said:

@Delfador said:

@White_Owl said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

• toxicfengm1n was joking apparently.
    • and how is a system that both benefits killer and survivor, something that would be a "problem for killers?" i mean you'd have the same rate of return? if both can turn in addons/offerings they don't want then why would killers apparently be up in arms? everyone i know, killer main, or survivor wants and wishes for the grind to be lessened. this would help with both sides so i don't see your point. this isn't just a pro survivor change

I SAID BBQ BP BOOST!!
    as in bbq buff

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

lul Instant P3 on all charcters

• Maelstrom10
    Eh people complain no matter what. I'm used to it in every community I've ever been inΒ 
  • Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    I would be happy even for 1/10th of the cost.
  • Maelstrom10
    Laakeri said:
    I would be happy even for 1/10th of the cost.
    Haha I feel you, but that would honestly be so negilible haha