The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Story Mode

It'd be kind of cool for maybe a new game mode/ paid DLC for this to be apart of the game. I'll elaborate more on it.

Since, all the characters in the game already illustrate gameplay through their written out lore, it would be a great addition given it:

• Everybody loves lore, and nothing would be better then playing out Claudette's or Nea's backstory of their old life and how they got here.
  • It would allow for expansion on existing characters that lack lore compared to newer ones like Dwight's, Meg's, Claudette's, and Jake's. Trapper's?
  • Money
  • New game mode; we always thought "what can we do other than generators", and everybody would always think of raw objectives. But what if we added a story-like gameplay aspect? With objectives embedded throughout the playthrough sure, but with the main focus being story. Some games achieve it in different ways; Final Fantasy for example.
  • Survivor gameplay would be in third person, Killer would still be kept in First. This would still be kept for dynamic gameplay and It'd be a cool Resident Evil 7 feeling playing through Trapper's or Hag's back lmao
  • Bring in new players and possible bring two types of communities together. By having a multiplayer mode, and a single player mode, especially playing throughout lore? Everybody would love it. It;d be great for getting beginners familiar with the game control wise and you could always introduce the original game mode somewhere throughout the story.
  • I'd pay all my money for it

what do you guys think?

Comments

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

I'd love to see a story mode. They could also have rewards for first time playing through the story, too, that you can use towards your online experience, too.

• OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    It would be great for when que times are up or someone just wants a break from the usual
  • makayla
    makayla Member Posts: 287

Really cool idea! I would love a single-player, offline story mode.

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

Any offline mode, either story, AI or even just exploring maps alone would be awesome; regardless a story mode would be awesome!

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@not_Queen
    What is your opinion on a story mode for dbd

• SIlentCetra
    SIlentCetra Member Posts: 187
    Love this idea. It would provide a nice break for when you get frustrated at the game too. I'd love to see a SP story mode
  • HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

I would love a story mode, it can be simple it can be huge, stories can be told in many ways and not just in the form they chose for the normal game. But I think they would need to pass this task onto another team because they already have so much to handle with the normal game and it would take them forever to come up with the story and work on their ever growing content.

I would be very interested to see what they come up with, hell thye story could be about everyone's first time in the Fog, why we never see Vigo or that other guy, it can be stealth for Survivors and straight up carnage for Killers.

• Hoodied

@HatCreature said:
    I would love a story mode, it can be simple it can be huge, stories can be told in many ways and not just in the form they chose for the normal game. But I think they would need to pass this task onto another team because they already have so much to handle with the normal game and it would take them forever to come up with the story and work on their ever growing content.

I would be very interested to see what they come up with, hell thye story could be about everyone's first time in the Fog, why we never see Vigo or that other guy, it can be stealth for Survivors and straight up carnage for Killers.

Benedict is either a killer now, or a survivor that is even more hidden that claudette in tall grass
    Vigo is seen in the Hallowed blight trailers

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@HatCreature said:

Benedict is either a killer now, or a survivor that is even more hidden that claudette in tall grass

Benedict, thank you. Yeah I was disappointed with how the Hallowed Blight story ended with him, he didn't transform into anything, they built it up but then denied him anything, instead I think he just got killed. Unless the next ''oldest killer'' is Benedict then I would be super happy :)

• Hoodied

@HatCreature said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@HatCreature said:

Benedict, thank you. Yeah I was disappointed with how the Hallowed Blight story ended with him, he didn't transform into anything, they built it up but then denied him anything, instead I think he just got killed. Unless the next ''oldest killer'' is Benedict then I would be super happy :)

Wait, Benedict went to the realm in 1884, ww1 was 1914, you could be right

• Paiz
    Paiz Member Posts: 81

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@HatCreature said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@HatCreature said:

Wait, Benedict went to the realm in 1884, ww1 was 1914, you could be right

I wouldn't call 30 years a "landslide" as the devs said, but I feel like benedict just wouldn't be a killer. When did the entity begin exist?

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

It is a great idea but I am not sure if the devs are gonna go with this.

After all, soon enough, we will have 16 survivors and 15 killers. Even if they give 1 hour to every single one of them, it means 31 hours.

Lets go with low numbers and say that each character will get 10 minute backstory game but even then, 310 minutes of gameplay has to be created.

More than 5 hours. I have completed outlast 1 in about 7 hours and outlast 1 was a game on its own.

Again, it is a great idea but I am not sure if the devs will ever think about it.

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167
    YES. Absolutely. Yes. Take my money.
    I would love to see this games lore expanded upon.
  • LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I would prefer a whole new game, the story mode would take away too much time from the base game. If they hired people to create a whole new team to make a story based, single player game we would get a better product I think.