CONSOLE PLAYERS - Do not buy Auric Cells to support BHVR

Comments

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

So many tin-foilers in this thread. It's a game... there's more important things going on to be outraged over then a game update being released on consoles within XXX time period.
    I play Xbox too... it's annoying but jeeze it's not that annoying. If you are unhappy don't spend your money. It's that simple. How many topics are we going to see about not getting the update yet?

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    @Outland well first you said “console are crap, buy a pc” this is incorrect and doesn’t make sense to say. Secondly “PC users paid their money to the devs which allowed console version to even be made” this isn’t wrong it’s just a fraction of the whole story which you left out. And btw every I saw you said you owned an xbox but I have news for you every pc player has at least bit of pc elitist in them and you definitely showed yours in some of your comments here
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited June 2018

LOL no. It takes time to do a certification, especially Microsoft because they have very strict requirements for games. Like, when an update comes out for Overwatch it still takes A MONTH to come out on console. You're going to tell me now that Blizzard is lying to customers and not actually putting in a cert when they say they did? Bullshit.

Not sure where you get your info from, but all you need to do is look at any other game and you'd see certification on Xbox is indeed a long time. Literally, any multi-platform game gets a PC update at minimum 2 weeks before Xbox. I know because I'm always mildly upset that I have to wait for the newest patch.

• ThePloopz

LOL no. It takes time to do a certification, especially Microsoft because they have very strict requirements for games. Like, when an update comes out for Overwatch it still takes A MONTH to come out on console. You're going to tell me now that Blizzard is lying to customers and not actually putting in a cert when they say they did? Bullshit.

Not sure where you get your info from, but all you need to do is look at any other game and you'd see certification on Xbox is indeed a long time. Literally, any multi-platform game gets a PC update at minimum 2 weeks before Xbox. I know because I'm always mildly upset that I have to wait for the newest patch.

Where is this overwatch information coming from  because they do simultaneously releases for things. Now if you mean the update is ready for pc a month before that’s different than it comes out on pc a month
  • ThePloopz

I play OW on both the PC and PS4(just like I do DbD) and I can't remember the last time I had to wait for a patch on the PS4 after it came out on the PC. 2016 maybe?

That’s because what he said is not true
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited June 2018

@ThePloopz said:
    Where is this overwatch information coming from  because they do simultaneously releases for things. Now if you mean the update is ready for pc a month before that’s different than it comes out on pc a month

As someone pointed out they do simultaneous release BECAUSE THEY HOLD BACK THE UPDATE ON PC. That's why they have PTR on PC, so they can have their cake and eat it too. It doesn't mean the certification process is any faster, just that they add a buffer zone so that PC elitist don't ######### their pants getting mad at console players for supposedly holding back the patch and console players don't feel left out of new content updates.

Keep in mind BHVR did this once before and PC players lost their ######### minds. I really don't see the big deal about waiting, you people are so impatient it literally makes my insides hurt.

• ThePloopz

@ThePloopz said:

As someone pointed out they do simultaneous release BECAUSE THEY HOLD BACK THE UPDATE ON PC. That's why they have PTR on PC, so they can have their cake and eat it too. It doesn't mean the certification process is any faster, just that they add a buffer zone so that PC elitist don't ######### their pants getting mad at console players for supposedly holding back the patch and console players don't feel left out of new content updates.

Keep in mind BHVR did this once before and PC players lost their [BAD WORD] minds. I really don't see the big deal about waiting, you people are so impatient it literally makes my insides hurt.

@ThePloopz said:

Keep in mind BHVR did this once before and PC players lost their [BAD WORD] minds. I really don't see the big deal about waiting, you people are so impatient it literally makes my insides hurt.

It also helps that their more organized with their update days and everyone knows when something is coming out, it’s either Tuesday or Thursday
  • Shipthebread
    Shipthebread Member Posts: 415

@thesuicidefox said:

@ThePloopz said:

PC players had it on the PTB why couldn't they then wait? It's now been over 20 days we have seen the new killer, the new map and cosmetics and fixes. We haven't gotten to touch any of it. Should console players wait 20 days because they aren't on PC?

• Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535

@ThePloopz said:
    @Outland well first you said “console are crap, buy a pc” this is incorrect and doesn’t make sense to say. Secondly “PC users paid their money to the devs which allowed console version to even be made” this isn’t wrong it’s just a fraction of the whole story which you left out. And btw every I saw you said you owned an xbox but I have news for you every pc player has at least bit of pc elitist in them and you definitely showed yours in some of your comments here

You are 100% correct I am a PC elitist. Because if I could only have one set of equipment to play games on I would pick the PC 100/100 times. Why? Because a computer has many more uses then a console.

Lets have a look at Twitch streamers and youTube personalities for example. When ever possible they choose to buy a game for the PC even though it's available for all platforms. Why are they doing this? Because the PC gear can handle the game much better, and they often have choice of input they prefer, keyboard and mouse or controller.

And deep down inside, though not everyone would admit it, they'd prefer a top notch gaming PC, its just not affordable. I know my PC is not as powerful as I'd like, but you buy what you can afford. The difference between me and a console user is I can admit that someone else has better gear then mine.

• Well_Placed_HexTotem
    Well_Placed_HexTotem Member Posts: 824

Apparently we live in a magical world where Dead By Daylight takes weeks to get certified, needs extra care because it’s like, totally such a huge update, and requires extra special care because they added a store to the game.... meanwhile plenty of other games do every thing I just listed and somehow not only get all three platforms out at the same time, and do it all within 5 days or so of entering certification.

Eventually we might run out of excuses for them. I’ve decided not to spend a penny on cosmetics, I’ll just keep slugging away until the update finally hits, but lol some of you are shill as #########.

Since they read the thread, hey guys, have you failed certification or something? @not_Queen said it’s a process with lots of steps and moving parts. What step are we on, what part is holding it up?

Anyone play Kingdom Come? Huge, epic game. When they do patches they communicate with the players where the cert is at, when it should be done (exact days, not “within weeks”) and if it fails or they need to restart they let us know and explain exactly why.

So what the dealio?

• TheChanelOberlin
    TheChanelOberlin Member Posts: 80

@thesuicidefox said:

@ThePloopz said:

PC players had it on the PTB why couldn't they then wait? It's now been over 20 days we have seen the new killer, the new map and cosmetics and fixes. We haven't gotten to touch any of it. Should console players wait 20 days because they aren't on PC?

Exactly, to me the PTB counts as time that PC has had with the new content that we haven’t as ALL PC players can opt into it, nearly 3 weeks, that’s far longer a wait than there should ever be for a new update, especially when outside of the store all they’re really adding is a new killer and survivor a reason map, it shouldn’t take this long at all :’) 
  • ThePloopz
    Outland said:

@ThePloopz said:

You are 100% correct I am a PC elitist. Because if I could only have one set of equipment to play games on I would pick the PC 100/100 times. Why? Because a computer has many more uses then a console.

Lets have a look at Twitch streamers and youTube personalities for example. When ever possible they choose to buy a game for the PC even though it's available for all platforms. Why are they doing this? Because the PC gear can handle the game much better, and they often have choice of input they prefer, keyboard and mouse or controller.

And deep down inside, though not everyone would admit it, they'd prefer a top notch gaming PC, its just not affordable. I know my PC is not as powerful as I'd like, but you buy what you can afford. The difference between me and a console user is I can admit that someone else has better gear then mine.

Nobody is saying that’s not true I never disagreed that pc’s are more powerful or useful but my previous comment still stands. I also noticed you didn’t bother talking about my 2 points instead you decided to talk about gear 
  • Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478
    Jesya said:

So many tin-foilers in this thread. It's a game... there's more important things going on to be outraged over then a game update being released on consoles within XXX time period.
    I play Xbox too... it's annoying but jeeze it's not that annoying. If you are unhappy don't spend your money. It's that simple. How many topics are we going to see about not getting the update yet?

Probably until the update comes out, then it will be everyone bitchin about how shotty it is, and they are never playing again. I am very excited for the update. Just whenever it gets ready, I'm not to rushed
  • ThePloopz
    @Outland in today’s gaming world you want a console AND a pc i don’t there’s any disputing that fact
  • Outland

@ThePloopz said:

I'll comment on your points, no problem.

Because consoles are not the best gaming solution from a hardware point, if possible people should buy a PC. I'll stand by that point all day long. And this point relates entirely to the equipment involved. And not only will a PC out perform a console, it can also be used for other things.

And secondly yes PC users supported this game from release, and its their spending money on DLC and the base game, that allowed BHVR to expand this game and eventually bring console versions in. Once the console versions were released then yes, Console people actually helped fund further expansions of the game. What more is there to the story, that I missed?

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Wow I'm away for 2 weeks and this is what the forum turns in to? I cant leave for a minute and this place turns into Reddit 2.0

First of all, yes these processes can take several weeks. For one thing, a patch is NOT guaranteed to get through certification. For instance, since the consoles are ports, there could be problems that persist there that do not make it on PC. Or there may be problems such as memory leaks. This can cause the patch to fail cert and push it back, forcing them to fix it up more.

This is the problem F13 had for a long time and it's a problem unoptimized games have. The unoptimized part is BHVR fault, but the strict processes the consoles have? That's entirely on MS/Sony. If you're seriously this livid about some content, I've got 3 pieces of advice for you.

1. Find another game to occupy your time. Others exist.

2. Buy a PC.

3. Understand you cant always get what you want when you want it, and that everything is going to be ok, seriously, the world WILL keep spinning.
  • Outland

@ThePloopz said:
    @Outland in today’s gaming world you want a console AND a pc i don’t there’s any disputing that fact

Exactly my friend, if the money is not an issue then, I'd have A PS4, XBOX, and a Killer gaming PC.

But I can only afford a PC and one Console, I settled on XBOX because I have friends with XBOX's.

But if I could only have one gaming solution.. I'd have to pick PC.

• Outland

@ZombieGenesis said:
    Not sure how this became a console vs pc thing but I'll toss in my reasons why I prefer console gaming over PC gaming...

1: It's just how I grew up. PCs were not common place in gaming when I was growing up. We transitioned from arcades to consoles. Consoles are in my blood.
    2: More importantly, I can buy a game on my PS4 digitally and my wife and I can both play it. On the PC I'd have to buy DbD and all related expansions twice for my wife and I to be able to play. On the console I only need to buy it and them once. For some people consoles are a huge money saver. That's beyond the fact that consoles themselves are cheaper than equivalent gaming PCs.

I grew up with arcades and such as well. But once PC graphics surpassed that of consoles and even arcades, I moved to PC main. I console to play with friends who aren't as big a PC nerd as me.

If you'd like to get around having to buy 2 copies of everything for your steam account, Id suggest you setup a family steam account and purchase games that you want for everyone through it and share the login with your wife. That's is what I did.

I do admit that consoles are a very acceptable budget way of gaming.

• Outland

@ZombieGenesis said:
    A Steam family account still doesn't allow us to play games together.

You have more then one console to play together?

• Outland

@ZombieGenesis said:
    Yes. 2 PS4s still cost less than even a mediocre gaming PC. We also have 2 gaming PCs and both of our PS4s cost less than 1 of our PCs.

Excellent, and PS4 allows you to play both consoles on the single game purchase? That is another mark in the PRO column.

• ThePloopz
    Outland said:

@ThePloopz said:

Because consoles are not the best gaming solution from a hardware point, if possible people should buy a PC. I'll stand by that point all day long. And this point relates entirely to the equipment involved. And not only will a PC out perform a console, it can also be used for other things.

And secondly yes PC users supported this game from release, and its their spending money on DLC and the base game, that allowed BHVR to expand this game and eventually bring console versions in. Once the console versions were released then yes, Console people actually helped fund further expansions of the game. What more is there to the story, that I missed?

I’m not saying any of that isn’t true but that still doesn’t make console crap because when it comes to gaming, hardware isn’t all that matters and usefulness doesn’t matter at all. They are many reasons you get a console one of them is for the games that are going to be on that console not performance. You can have $10k pc and you still couldn’t play God of War, Uncharted or any other popular console exclusive title and the graphics are pretty decent. If you just have a pc you’re missing out and if you just have a console you’re missing out. This why I don’t get pc elitists and console fanboys because they’re missing out. Many youtubers and streamers have both pc and a console.  You seem like a civil guy I think you just came off wrong and that’s why you seemed like a pc elitist. Pc elitists aren’t civil lol

On your previous comment you left console’s part they played. All I ask for is acknowledgement for what console did for this game and how it’s where it is because of our support.

If you don’t mind me asking did you build your pc yourself?
    I myself am trying to get a non-prebuilt one but have no idea where to start.
  • ThePloopz

It does. I think you can do the same with an Xbox One. One has to be declared the "primary". Any game purchased by the primary account on that console can be played by any other profile on that console. Then you log in to another PS4 using the primary account login and you can play any game purchased by the primary profile on that console. So it's really great for couples or small families.

Yup. I don’t even have dbd or the dlcs bought on the account I play it on
  • Outland

@ThePloopz said:
    Outland said:

@ThePloopz said:

I’m not saying any of that isn’t true but that still doesn’t make console crap because when it comes to gaming, hardware isn’t all that matters and usefulness doesn’t matter at all. They are many reasons you get a console one of them is for the games that are going to be on that console not performance. You can have $10k pc and you still couldn’t play God of War, Uncharted or any other popular console exclusive title and the graphics are pretty decent. If you just have a pc you’re missing out and if you just have a console you’re missing out. This why I don’t get pc elitists and console fanboys because they’re missing out. Many youtubers and streamers have both pc and a console.  You seem like a civil guy I think you just came off wrong and that’s why you seemed like a pc elitist. Pc elitists aren’t civil lol

On your previous comment you left console’s part they played. All I ask for is acknowledgement for what console did for this game and how it’s where it is because of our support.

If you don’t mind me asking did you build your pc yourself?
    I myself am trying to get a non-prebuilt one but have no idea where to start.

Exclusives are good reason for consoles. And I admit I wish I had bought a PS4 instead of the XBOX. Of course the poor XBOX sales are blamed on the lack of exclusive titles.

I did build my own PC this time. Because I wanted many top tier components I had to buy it over 3 months, watching for sales on the parts I wanted. Even then I had to compromise on the video card thanks to the Bitcoin miners pushing up prices.

The first place to start is the CPU, decide which processor is good for you. Once you have that information then you will know what you require to support the processor you want.

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    you will wait for it, and you will buy the cells.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    wow.  i think the devs are as amused by all this as i am.  we are blessed to have such a spazzy community.  i play the game, crazy in my message box.  i read the forum and....spazzocity.  i can't blame them one bit.  what a show!  awesome!  stay spazzy!
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793
    weirdkid5 said:
    Wow I'm away for 2 weeks and this is what the forum turns in to? I cant leave for a minute and this place turns into Reddit 2.0

First of all, yes these processes can take several weeks. For one thing, a patch is NOT guaranteed to get through certification. For instance, since the consoles are ports, there could be problems that persist there that do not make it on PC. Or there may be problems such as memory leaks. This can cause the patch to fail cert and push it back, forcing them to fix it up more.

This is the problem F13 had for a long time and it's a problem unoptimized games have. The unoptimized part is BHVR fault, but the strict processes the consoles have? That's entirely on MS/Sony. If you're seriously this livid about some content, I've got 3 pieces of advice for you.

1. Find another game to occupy your time. Others exist.

2. Buy a PC.

3. Understand you cant always get what you want when you want it, and that everything is going to be ok, seriously, the world WILL keep spinning.
    Feel free to take another 2 week break from the forums. "Oh no! There's two threads about the console delay. This place can't function without me, me, me!"
  • EpicFailTryHard
    edited June 2018
    wow.  i think the devs are as amused by all this as i am.  we are blessed to have such a spazzy community.  i play the game, crazy in my message box.  i read the forum and....spazzocity.  i can't blame them one bit.  what a show!  awesome!  stay spazzy!

flagged.  lowbei just above me.  lol.

i should have chimed in about how this is all "just reprehensible, tragic and a grave injustice!" for a couple "awesomes".  is it too late?
  • TheChanelOberlin
    TheChanelOberlin Member Posts: 80
    WEll the games servers just completely died for me and my friend group in the game at the same time and we now can’t get back on.
    usually this only happens to all of us when a patch is being pushed through.
    fingers crossed it’s the case this time too.
  • ThePloopz
    edited June 2018

flagged.  lowbei just above me.  lol.

i should have chimed in about how this is all "just reprehensible, tragic and a grave injustice!" for a couple "awesomes".  is it too late?
    Nah man it’s never too late to follow your dreams lol
  • Rat_Watson
    Rat_Watson Member Posts: 28

your loss buddy xd

• EpicFailTryHard
    Amanda55 said:

@TheChanelOberlin said:
    WEll the games servers just completely died for me and my friend group in the game at the same time and we now can’t get back on.

Well if we all just chill out and wait it won't kill us lol

by the way it sounds, an aneurysm or cardiac arrest is imminent for those emotionally locked in to all this.  
  • ThePloopz
    Amanda55 said:

@TheChanelOberlin said:

by the way it sounds, an aneurysm or cardiac arrest is imminent for those emotionally locked in to all this.  
    I can’t wait to see the threads made when it releases those should be interesting as well
  • EpicFailTryHard
    edited June 2018
    spazzocity will have a sequel and i am on the edge of my seat with giddy anticipation.  i am something of an unconscionable parasite in such matters.
  • EpicFailTryHard
    ThePloopz said:
    Amanda55 said:

@TheChanelOberlin said:

I can’t wait to see the threads made when it releases those should be interesting as well

spazzocity will have a sequel and i am on the edge of my seat.  i am something of a parasite in such matters.
  • sunnyariane
    sunnyariane Member Posts: 60

you can say what you want. I will buy 6000 cells! Yeah 🤑
    maybe the update will come soon.

• Grey87
    Grey87 Member Posts: 346

Wow the idiots making these crying threads...

• ACEvHEARTS
    ACEvHEARTS Member Posts: 403
    Amanda55 said:

Ikr? And watch when the dlc does drop their attitudes will do a complete 360 and start making post like ''i love dbd'' or some other fake af posts lol.

I mean, I’m still going to drop like $200 on cosmetics on day 1. But I still agree with people that the new chapter hype has come and gone. 
  • Kevvie
    Kevvie Member Posts: 175

I will buy the update, cosmetics and everything else they offer. This Developer is more transparent with their community than almost any other game I play. They do not even have to give us a timeline for these releases. They could always just leave it and only tell us they day of, which might be the best plan with the way some people are acting. There was never a set in stone release date for console, all these "theories" and otherwise of how it SHOULD be do not make it happen. Wait patiently like the unspoken majority, don't besmirch a Developer that you like well enough to get this heated about. We will get the patch when we get the patch, until then I will be farming away to get ready. Thank you DBD team for all your hard work and not_Queen for being so level headed and great with us. I'm looking forward to gassing all the meanies in due time at the carnival.

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

@Runiver said:
    You're aware that the delay is due to microsoft/sony and not BHVR right ?
    At this point it's just jealousy and it smells pretty bad.
    Sorry for your loss, I guess ?

The fact that people flagged this TWICE is really off putting and makes me want to face desk

• Silas
    Silas Member Posts: 307

@Kevvie said:
    I will buy the update, cosmetics and everything else they offer. This Developer is more transparent with their community than almost any other game I play. They do not even have to give us a timeline for these releases. They could always just leave it and only tell us they day of, which might be the best plan with the way some people are acting. There was never a set in stone release date for console, all these "theories" and otherwise of how it SHOULD be do not make it happen. Wait patiently like the unspoken majority, don't besmirch a Developer that you like well enough to get this heated about. We will get the patch when we get the patch, until then I will be farming away to get ready. Thank you DBD team for all your hard work and not_Queen for being so level headed and great with us. I'm looking forward to gassing all the meanies in due time at the carnival.

Well said!