The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Console Nurse Tips?

So, I've been playing killer for about a month now. I've played all of the killers but the nurse is the only one that I don't understand.

For background info on me and my skill level so far, the highest killer rank I've reached is 3, and I tend to play Legion, the Spirit, and Hag.

• How do her blinks work? How do you actually hit a survivor with them?
  • I know console handicaps nurse, but I'm willing to learn how to work with it.
  • Any other tips would be great!

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Well you don't hit Survivors with Blinks.
    Blink Hits are Blinking, then pressing or holding the attack button.
    The longer you hold the Blink button, the further you'll travel.
    While charging the Blink, the maximum distance is gained once the Nurse clenches her left fist.

I've never played her much beyond the basics though, someone else can probably help you more if you need it.

• Maelstrom1313
    Maelstrom1313 Member Posts: 230
    Yeah the nurse is one of the hardest on console to master but like the above comment says mess about blinkigg to get used to it ie for distance an stuff also check out YouTube as there's always videos to help give visual tips aswell
  • mintchapstick
    mintchapstick Member Posts: 891

@Boss said:
    Well you don't hit Survivors with Blinks.
    Blink Hits are Blinking, then pressing or holding the attack button.
    The longer you hold the Blink button, the further you'll travel.
    While charging the Blink, the maximum distance is gained once the Nurse clenches her left fist.

I've never played her much beyond the basics though, someone else can probably help you more if you need it.

Yeah, I knew that. I more meant, how do you hit a survivor when coming out of a blink & if that's even possible because of the after-blink fatigue.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    edited February 2019

Increase your sensitivity. 100 is ideal, but I play 85 and it works just fine for me. If you aren't used to it then you need to slowly build up with practice, if you just go from 50 to 100 you will have a rough time.

Use Shadowborn. It helps so much with both finding survivors and tracking them during fatigue.

PRACTICE. This is all Nurse is, practice. You want to get the muscle memory down. Speed of the blink, range of the blink, aim of the blink, etc. Most importantly DO NOT PLAY WITH ADD-ONS!! Not until you learn the blink. If you use add-ons then you get used to certain things and if you ever take them off it will mess you up big time. It's better to play basic blinks until you learn them THEN start using add-ons. The only add-on you should use is Plaid Flannel because it does nothing to the blink itself, only shows you a crosshair for aiming to practice. But don't rely on this, use it for your first bunch of games until you get a grasp of how the blink actually works then take it off.

Once more PRACTICE. Even if you lose (and trust me you will probably lose a lot) just keep at it. The reason people say Nurse is bad on console is because no one wants to put in the time to PRACTICE her. Admittedly she is more difficult on console than PC (I know this from what a friend explained to me) but that does not mean she is in any way worse than PC (with some exception of map selection as it can hurt your frame rate). Trust me when I say that if you ever run into someone that puts time in on the Nurse on console YOU WILL GET BODIED. She is no joke in the hands of someone that PRACTICED.

• Spicybarbecue
    Spicybarbecue Member Posts: 183

don't use nurse on console.

combination of analogue stick controller, garbage fps and blurry visuals on console make her unusable.

just stick to Billy*, you can't insta down because of the controls but he doesn't need insta downs and is easily the strongest killer on console.

*if you want to use a strong killer.