The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Do killer mains struggle with self esteem issues?

Yamaoka
Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
Just had a weird game as solo survivor. I spawned next to a survivor who was just afk all game. Killer was a camping, tunneling, green mori, ruin, noed Freddy aka 99% of all Freddy players. As soon as the first survivor got unhooked he got mori d immediately and the other survivor was just afk as mentioned so basically it was 5 gens with ruin and 2 survivors (me and one other person).

I figured I'd just loop him through the map to get some chase points and move on. The thing is he was a total joke of a killer so he chased me long enough for the other survivor to finish 4 gens on his own.

When he eventually got me he messaged me "get better like seriously that was beyond boring" which basically means he was insecure, salty and wanted to jump off a roof.

Why are a lot of killer mains like that? I never tbag, I never flashlight click, I never point fingers or whatever. I just use map elements to survive IF I play survivor which rarely is any fun due to the number of team mates who just sit in a corner all the time.

Killer mains seem to be really insecure whenever they struggle to catch a survivor. So here's the question for all of you who play killer ONLY:

Do you even play for FUN or is dbd something you use to deal with self esteem issues which causes you to get angry whenever you think someone could stop you from getting your beloved 4k?

Comments

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

@EntityDispleased said:
    The irony in this post is pure gold.

Where's the irony?

• Helena
    Helena Member Posts: 4

You made me laugh xDDD

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@EntityDispleased said:

I don't agree with a lot of what @Yamaoka says in different threads, but I will have to defend him on that point. What irony was there? He stated his case and hasn't said much that would be ironic in nature.

Anyways, as for you Yamaoka, just some killers are completely self defeated and should not be paid attention to.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Yamaoka said:
    Why are a lot of killer mains like that?
    I wouldn't say a lot of killer mains are like that.
    Most of the times i don't get any message from them, worst case scenario they hit me on the hook, but i take that as a compliment so it's ok.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Yamaoka said:
    Just had a weird game as solo survivor. I spawned next to a survivor who was just afk all game. Killer was a camping, tunneling, green mori, ruin, noed Freddy aka 99% of all Freddy players. As soon as the first survivor got unhooked he got mori d immediately and the other survivor was just afk as mentioned so basically it was 5 gens with ruin and 2 survivors (me and one other person).

I figured I'd just loop him through the map to get some chase points and move on. The thing is he was a total joke of a killer so he chased me long enough for the other survivor to finish 4 gens on his own.

When he eventually got me he messaged me "get better like seriously that was beyond boring" which basically means he was insecure, salty and wanted to jump off a roof.

Why are a lot of killer mains like that? I never tbag, I never flashlight click, I never point fingers or whatever. I just use map elements to survive IF I play survivor which rarely is any fun due to the number of team mates who just sit in a corner all the time.

Killer mains seem to be really insecure whenever they struggle to catch a survivor. So here's the question for all of you who play killer ONLY:

Do you even play for FUN or is dbd something you use to deal with self esteem issues which causes you to get angry whenever you think someone could stop you from getting your beloved 4k?

Of course a freddy player is insecure. Knowing that its up to the survivors whether you are bullied or whether you do sth, yes that would make me insecure aswell

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

@Rex_Huin said:

@Brady said:

@EntityDispleased said:

Where's the irony?

Not sure.
    4 gen chase story seems like a stealth brag post indicating OP himself has self esteem issues??

I mean,it was basically a 3v1... I'd brag about that ######### too

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

All you are doing is going to get a mostly killer main forum upset.

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

Yes, absolutely. Thing is as a psychological masochist, I like it when Survivors suck the last bit of self esteem out of me after a rough work day. I can calmly open up a good scotch and raise a glas on that pathetic life while I get looped for 5 gens, it's perfect!

• BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

Do Survivor mains struggle with the truth of them not being a special snowflake who are so high and mighty that they should escape with maxed out bloodpoints and a double pip?

And for your question towards Killers: I play to try and have fun but when a cocky survivor main starts bouncing up and down like a rabbit on crack and mocking me and all this other ######### sweaty survivors do, It ruins the fun entirely.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    edited February 2019
    Yes, we do.
    Years of teabagging, Flashlights, running in circles, DS, and "gg ez" comments; left nothing but a hollow shell. 

The words "Howling Grounds" leave most killers with a twitching eye. Some will even start to sob uncontrollably. 

We have a support group on discord where we share our traumatic experiences. 
    But beware, grown men are known to cry like little girls in this support group. Once you enter, you'll never be the same. 

EDIT: my subconscious changed the terrible words of Howling Grounds. 

Can you see how deep the psychological effects are?!
  • Lonefox64
    Lonefox64 Member Posts: 132

This thread
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    Well tbf who doesn't have self esteem issues? This world is a dumpster fire.
  • AntiJelly
    AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155

@Tsulan said:
    Yes, we do.
    Years of teabagging, Flashlights, running in circles, DS, and "gg ez" comments; left nothing but a hollow shell. 

The words "Hollowed Blight" leave most killers with a twitching eye. Some will even start to sob uncontrollably. 

But beware, grown men are known to cry like little girls in this support group. Once you enter, you'll never be the same. 

Hallowed Blight means nothing. The true meaning of fear...the Howling Grounds. Nothing compares.

• Tsulan
    AntiJelly said:

@Tsulan said:
    Yes, we do.

The words "Hollowed Blight" leave most killers with a twitching eye. Some will even start to sob uncontrollably. 

Hallowed Blight means nothing. The true meaning of fear...the Howling Grounds. Nothing compares.

Omg... my subconscious changed the words...
    I couldn't even write them down...
  • Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@AntiJelly said:

@Tsulan said:
    Yes, we do.

We do not speak of this.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Do Survivor mains struggle with the truth of them not being a special snowflake who are so high and mighty that they should escape with maxed out bloodpoints and a double pip?

And for your question towards Killers: I play to try and have fun but when a cocky survivor main starts bouncing up and down like a rabbit on crack and mocking me and all this other ######### sweaty survivors do, It ruins the fun entirely.

I'm neither a survivor main nor did I tbag or do anything rude during the game so what's your point? What justifies sending private messages saying "get better that was beyond boring"? Is it rude to loop? 🤔
  • Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Looks let's be real here folks, does anyone here honestly think that being a "kIlEr MaIn" actually affects whether or not someone is insecure?

The only real way I could see a correlation between the two is if we were suggesting that some people genuinely get upset by people saying horrible stuff in the post-game chat. 

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but words leave emotional scars that never heal."
  • BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678
    edited February 2019

@Yamaoka said:
    BigBadPiggy said:

I'm neither a survivor main nor did I tbag or do anything rude during the game so what's your point? What justifies sending private messages saying "get better that was beyond boring"? Is it rude to loop? 🤔

(What justifies sending private messages saying "get better that was beyond boring"?) I did not once say anything about this.

(so what's your point?) The point was to twist the title of your post and show you that the same can be said for survivors. We aren't much different, we are all playing the same game so obviously some people will take it more seriously than others.

(Is it rude to loop?) I never mentioned if it was rude to loop or not. You brought that into this, not me.
    Looping is a good strategy as long as it is done correctly.

• Tsulan
    Peasant said:
    Looks let's be real here folks, does anyone here honestly think that being a "kIlEr MaIn" actually affects whether or not someone is insecure?

The only real way I could see a correlation between the two is if we were suggesting that some people genuinely get upset by people saying horrible stuff in the post-game chat. 

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but words leave emotional scars that never heal."
    We should investigate if SWF deathsquads that bully killers are bullies in real life or if they get bullied.
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    When someone disconnects in the first 30 seconds, then the killer camps everyone else and gives an "EZ" at the end.

Yeah some people definitely have insecurity issues. 
  • Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

@fcc2014 said:

All you are doing is going to get a mostly killer main forum upset.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,143
    I still wonder why people complain to me about stalling as Freddy at rank 1 even after I told them I'm gonna try with my main after . Both sides have people like this tho.
  • XavierBoah17
    XavierBoah17 Member Posts: 204
    My thoughts on this post:

Lol
  • tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    Complaining about looping is the same as complaining about camping/tunneling... 

I dont know if you have ever complained about those or not, I dont really care. I just want you to see how killer/survivor mains are pretty much two faces of the same coin sometimes...
  • Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    Meh
  • AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Why do we have to be labelled as killer or survivor mains if we want to raise a topic?
  • NuclearBurrito2
    NuclearBurrito2 Member Posts: 262

As a spirit main I can confidently say I have 0 self esteem issues

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@Tsulan said:
    The words "Howling Grounds" leave most killers with a twitching eye. Some will even start to sob uncontrollably. 

Then can you not say it please? :'(

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

@EntityDispleased said:

Your name solidify's that statement also lmao.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

I wouldn't say most killers anymore than most survivors are like that but there's definitely a core group on both sides. For some reason almost all Freddy's lately since just before the event ended are hook campers at 5 gens.

I've even had omega blink Nurses in P3 with all the adepts and over 1-2k hours played hard camp at 5 gens then brag post game about how easy it was. Then complain about being gen rushed which is why they camped despite it being 1st hook before anythings touched.

For survivors it's see Legion dc instantly which I can understand given the exploiting and even some of them have been camping at hook. I ran into during the event an Insidious Legion hard camping at 5 gens.

• Tarvesh
    Tarvesh Member Posts: 765
    Vietfox said:
    Yamaoka said:
    Why are a lot of killer mains like that?
    I wouldn't say a lot of killer mains are like that.
    Most of the times i don't get any message from them, worst case scenario they hit me on the hook, but i take that as a compliment so it's ok.
    That’s my way as a killer to tell you that you did a great job. No other way for me to tell you that during the match.

But it also means i’ll Have my eye out for you if you ever get off that hook. ;)