We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

I can't enjoy this game anymore because of this reason:

2»

Comments

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489

@Master said:

@switch said:

@Master said:

@switch said:

@Master said:

@rafajsp said:

@switch said:
    A simple fix,
    1st DC=15 mins ban
    2nd DC=30 mins ban
    3rd DC=45 mins ban
    4th DC=1 hr ban
    5th DC=2 hrs ban
    The devs need to face this issue, like it or not if they want to combat Dcing this is the ONLY way to stop ppl from dcing.

I agree.
    Mostly games implement this queue.
    But still your numbers are low.
    If i was the game developer i would start with 15 min, then 1 hour, then 4 hours and finally 1 day.
    I doubt that survivor would DC again.
    2 hous for 5 DC is too low.

Games can crash, you can DC by accident and all that stuff.
    Especially DBD which is a really buggy game cant have such high penalties for that reason.

I think my numbers are fine and if you have to wait even a few minutes, people would think twice about DCing for stupid reasons (liek denying BBQ stack or sth)

You dont get the point, they have a system to detected which was a crash and which was a disconnect.
    You think i will say that without knowing this issue ?
    I would want to hear how can you punish dc ?, not in this case how dbd does it cause they dont punish dc.

Where do you get this from?
    Such a system doesnt exist. Only god can tell whether my PC crashed due to DBD or whether I just pulled out the power supply. Only god can tell whether my internet provider messed up again or whether I pulled out my ethernet cable :smile:

Not sure what you mean with the second part

They did went into specifics in one of their streams, i dont remember which so if you want try to find it.
    And it does exist, me and other ppl that crash from time to time not often get a message like "Do you want to send this info about the crash ..."
    The only time you cant tell the difference between a crash or a dc is when they go airplane mode.
    Lets not show the world how to bypass their system.

You dont grant the average DBD player a lot of intelligence if you think that "the system" cant be abused

Every system on the planet can be abused, there isnt one perfect.
    Its up to the player to find the weak links and get the info to the devs, and is their responsability to fix it.
    Plus soon(tm) they will have dedicated servers which will make their life 10x easier to find out what is a DC and what is a crash.
    plus i dont think the airplane mode works on dedicated servers since you lost connection not the host (server) might be wrong tho depends on the implementation.

• e8Lattice
    e8Lattice Member Posts: 189

@yeet said:

@e8Lattice said:
    Killer doesn't like the epic super rare offerings you saved just for that special occasion . . . DC and bye bye offerings.

like survivors even have worthwhile or rare offerings

Well no that would require fair and consistent balance, oh no no NO we can't have that in a multiplayer game!

lawl

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

@e8Lattice said:

@yeet said:

@e8Lattice said:
    Killer doesn't like the epic super rare offerings you saved just for that special occasion . . . DC and bye bye offerings.

like survivors even have worthwhile or rare offerings

Well no that would require fair and consistent balance, oh no no NO we can't have that in a multiplayer game!

lawl

survivors don't deserve overly powerful things when they're already so strong at their base yes

• shanks3042
    shanks3042 Member Posts: 163
    edited February 2019

@Claudette_Baguette said:

A lot of people disconnect during the loading screen so its a 3v1 or even 2v1. Then the rest of the people DC as well and you still lose all your offerings, addons, etc.

-> Most times the game crashes while loading.

Funny DC solution:
    Put the player back into the same match.

• Unnamed_Freak
    Unnamed_Freak Member Posts: 570

@Eveline said:
    Every community is cancerous. Live with it I guess. Multiplayer games are full of toxicness but for me nothing beats the overwatch toxicity.

Lol, yeah. I played my first match of the 9th season on competitive mode, immediately uninstalled. No regrets.

• Unnamed_Freak
    Unnamed_Freak Member Posts: 570

@pemberley said:
    Eveline said:

Every community is cancerous. Live with it I guess. Multiplayer games are full of toxicness but for me nothing beats the overwatch toxicity.

Yeah. After years of playing Overwatch I am officially putting that game to pasture. 

I know dbd has a lot of flaws but guys, dbd is such a leg up from Overwatch. Symmetra was my favorite hero in Overwatch and the sheer toxicity you would get for playing her, how jerks would false report and Blizzy would actually side with them, was downright miserable. 

Also at least the dbd devs actually seem to listen and they continually update dbd. Unlike Blizzy who condescend and demean players because they know best, and they give a handful of balance changes once in a great while that are completely unbalanced. And every resource clearly goes into the stupid owl and not the actual game. 

I can't believe I will say this, but Behavior is better than Blizzard when it comes down to balance. I feel dread every time I remember that Mercy rework. And Doomfist's release, and Bastion's rework.

• Claudette_Baguette
    Claudette_Baguette Member Posts: 567

@Unnamed_Freak said:

@pemberley said:
    Eveline said:

Yeah. After years of playing Overwatch I am officially putting that game to pasture. 

I know dbd has a lot of flaws but guys, dbd is such a leg up from Overwatch. Symmetra was my favorite hero in Overwatch and the sheer toxicity you would get for playing her, how jerks would false report and Blizzy would actually side with them, was downright miserable. 

Also at least the dbd devs actually seem to listen and they continually update dbd. Unlike Blizzy who condescend and demean players because they know best, and they give a handful of balance changes once in a great while that are completely unbalanced. And every resource clearly goes into the stupid owl and not the actual game. 

I can't believe I will say this, but Behavior is better than Blizzard when it comes down to balance. I feel dread every time I remember that Mercy rework. And Doomfist's release, and Bastion's rework.

Nurse is still a completely broken character in the game for like 3 years. They actually buffed her when they tried to "balance" her... They made the worst chracter (Freddy) even worse with their balance update.

• nararatu
    nararatu Member Posts: 35

Game is incredibly broken than it has ever been before. It's dev's fault for not being able to make it balanced. We, players, don't have to play a game with a Legion running back and forth jumping pallets all around and making it impossible for survivors to even make a simple juke or stun him.