The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

It's funny how..

This game is based out of horror but yet playing as survivor unless the killer is really good doesn't feel frightening at all. Or when I play killer I'm being t-bagged, taunted and blinded all the goddamn time. I play both sides and its frustrating how powerless killer feels sometimes (I'm not an amazing killer seeing as how I can only get to rank 4 but I'm decent) it seems like survivors almost have most control over some matches and I just think a killer in a asymmetrical game should have that aspect. But it's easy to gen rush, or just straight up pick on the killer. What drew me to this game was the horror aspect but it's just not there anymore

What do you guys think they could implement to make this game feel more horror based or what kind of changes could they make to extend the matches?

Comments

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    The only way to accomplish what you desire; the invention of a special technology that allows players to erase all memories related to a game, so that you can enjoy it as a first time noob.

Seriously though, that is the only way. The horror is lost the more you play. You cant fight against it, its human nature. Just like listening to a song nonstop until the tunes which originally would send goosebumps down your spine stop doing it. You COULD say jumpscare killers, like T1 Myers, silent Wraith, Hag's traps, Miss Piggies or Spirit, can sometimes make you jump (it has happened to me), but that is as far as you can go.

I really wish the technology I mentioned above existed, you know? I would happily replay my favourite story-based games endlessly.
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Keros said:
    Unless the killer is really good
    That's the key if you want people to be afraid of you. Although after spending hundreds of hours on DbD it's quite difficult to be scared anymore tbh.
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited February 2019
    I dunno man, Rancor still has that effect on me.

I don't even use any obsession perks but the game just loves to pick me.
  • Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946
    Spooky Myers on Lery's, Monitor and Abuse Hag/Hag traps, Hex: Devour Hope, good Nurse, silent Spirit and Rancor, NOED to a degree are for me the only scary/horror elements left in the game. Especially the red headlight of a killer breaks alot of the immersion for me. I wish I could turn it off and quiet down the music. Silence can be often more frightening.

I hope the next killer would play heavily with horror and perception aspect of the survivors. Like distorted view or some sort of tunnel vision or creeping up darkness during a chase. It would be also cool if with more and more bloodlos your vision would get grey and blurry and sounds get muffled until almost mute. Only the killers heartbeat can be heard. (and lullaby in Hunteress and Freddie's term as well Pigs roar) it would be also cool that only other survivors could heal you. To not be completely in the dark the nearest survivor not in a chase could have a pulsating legion aura in white to find them or some sort of indicator. To invoce feelings like finally reaching a bonefire in dark souls.

There is a lot that could be done to make the game more horror and Les m1 simulator with friends and occasionally parkour and "hanging" around with 'THAT GUY' who is clingy, smelly and unfun.
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Could always try for jump scares.

Make prayer beads base kit on spirit.

Myers can be good on jump scares.

Remove terror radius for generator grabs, and stuff.
    Make survivors be on edge, and on the look out. They have third person view for a reason.

Just kinda spitballing.
  • OrionsFury4789
    OrionsFury4789 Member Posts: 637
    Vietfox said:
    Keros said:
    Unless the killer is really good
    That's the key if you want people to be afraid of you. Although after spending hundreds of hours on DbD it's quite difficult to be scared anymore tbh.
    Yes I agree , Myers is really the only killer with that scare effect anymore tbh,  though I will admit that spirit fury makes me jump at times,  not from being scary but from just the unexpected pallet shattering, it's not a perk you see often 
  • Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Sadly the more familiar you get with the game the less scary it becomes. The only way to scare people who are familiar with the game is Jump scares and the only killers that can really get a scare is a good Nurse, Prayer bead spirit, Myers and Maybe Hag.
    I'd love a new killer that actually feels powerful and has potential for Jump scares.
    I'd run prayer bead spirit all the time just for the jump scares but sadly those add ons never appear in my bloodweb :cry:

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456
    edited February 2019

It's not really the game's fault, every "horror" game get less scary the more you play them since you expect how things are going to go and stuff like this.

Even tho ngl, DBD never was scary as a survivor, it can get tense and jumpscary at times but scary? Nah.

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    I get jump scared a lot and I'm scared of Myers. Billy is funny tho.
  • Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,047

Had a Legacy Nurse in my game two days ago. This was quite scary.

And during one Game, one Survivor was going down instantly. I thought that the Killer is a Huntress with Iridecent Heads. While running to the Unhook, Spirit jumped right into my face, I almost had a heart attack and it really took me a few minutes to calm down from it.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340
    Idk about this. Currently, the Spirit and Mikey jumpscare the life out of me most of the time xD
  • ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG
    ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG Member Posts: 359
    Seeing a killer with bloody clothing is terrifying because you know hes actually good with his killer
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@Unicorn said:
    Idk about this. Currently, the Spirit and Mikey jumpscare the life out of me most of the time xD

There's a difference between jumpscares and horror though.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

If they remove pallets it will be scary (but will ruin the game) or if they remove terror radius completely. But thats not going to happen. Just enjoy the game, its more of a survival game instead of horror

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@Nick said:
    If they remove pallets it will be scary (but will ruin the game) or if they remove terror radius completely. But thats not going to happen. Just enjoy the game, its more of a survival game instead of horror

I do still kinda wish for a realism mode.
    Where the only things that are not natural are the Killer's Powers and the Entity.
    So things like terror radius, the HUD, music etc. is all gone.
    I mean, Left 4 Dead has a realism mode. It's not impossible. (Though they keep the HUD.)