We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

But but teh surviv0rz R tbagging me at da gatEz

Comments

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    Facecamping while noding, hitting a hooked survivor is doing an objective?

Mhm. 
  • PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154
    edited February 2019

@Eveline said:

Mhm. 

You never mentioned nodding and hitting the hooked Survivor. I honestly can't remember the last time that has happened to me or anyone else, unless they asked for it by teabagging ect.

BTW: I only see two users here continuously complaining about the raise of the toxic Killers; You and OP.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    PiiFree said:

@The_Crusader said:
    I'm not gonna disagree that survivors are more toxic in general.

As for killers though, yeah if they lose badly they leave, but if they 4k they'll always stay around for the gloating and the "EZ". If they camped and noed to get 3 kills you can sure as hell bet they'll try to gloat and make fun of survivors too despite playing in a really ######### way.

Basically they only leave if they have nothing to say, otherwise they love to run their mouths and talk trash.

Really? I honestly haven't see anything like that in literally months. Can you provide some evidence for that? Can you show screenshots of latest matches where this has happened to you?

I don't take screenshots of random endgame salt lol why would I?

Its like how one sife often only gives a GG if they win.
  • The_Crusader
    Eveline said:

Mhm. 
    Guy who defends camping also defended Noed. That says it all.

Killers being able to camp and then get a second survivor with noed is an incredibly lame way to play and sucks all fun out of the game.
  • PiiFree
    edited February 2019

@The_Crusader said:

You consider it toxic when the loser side doesn't give a GG?

@The_Crusader said:
    Killers being able to camp and then get a second survivor with noed is an incredibly lame way to play and sucks all fun out of the game.

How does that make it toxic? It's a scummy playstyle, just like looping or abusing building semi-infinites but it's not toxic.

• Eveline
    But it happens to me and others and no we are not toxic.

You are clearly biased ignoring everyones experiences to further your own agenda that killers are the victims. Lots of people here are prone to generalisation like you and it's based on emotions. It is similar to racism and nationalism.
  • The_Crusader
    edited February 2019
    PiiFree said:

@The_Crusader said:

I don't no but my point is certain things only happen when one side has something to say. If people lose badly its salt or leave the chat, if they win its all friendly chat or gloating.

As for only me and Eveline complaining, did you miss the event where pretty much everyone was complaining about killers disconnecting when they lost so survivors couldn't leave with the lanterns? Even Paulie Esther made a video on it.

https://youtu.be/7_e8u4rLSEA
  • RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371

Or they walk towards the hatch with them then they switch to a hook at the last second.

I never do that. Seems dangerous, they could break free. Let them crawl a little is fun though
  • PiiFree

@Eveline said:
    But it happens to me and others and no we are not toxic.

You are clearly biased ignoring everyones experiences to further your own agenda that killers are the victims. Lots of people here are prone to generalisation like you and it's based on emotions. It is similar to racism and nationalism.

...you're totally out of your mind now and you clearly didn't understand anything I said at all, quite similar to OP. I already told you that both sides can be (and ARE) toxic. My point was that Survivors tend to be (and ARE) more toxic than Killers because it's so much easier to be toxic as that role.

It's quite the opposite, you generalise based on your own experience here. Care to show me your steam profile, I'm curious how much experience you have as Killer?

• Eveline
    I'm playing on ps4. I understand what you said but I disagree because you are making a generalisation.
  • PiiFree

@The_Crusader said:
    As for only me and Eveline complaining, did you miss the event where pretty much everyone was complaining about killers disconnecting when they lost so survivors couldn't leave with the lanterns? Even Paulie Esther made a video on it.

Wow, that's a video showing 3 Killers that disconnect. That certainly must mean every Killer is toxic now!

Do I have to show you my steam profile now with around 600 insulting comments exclusively coming from Survivors while I get insulted as both Survivor and Killer? And not a SINGLE Killer comment there?

• Dead_by_David
    Dead_by_David Member Posts: 270

I would say camping or tunneling is smart however it ruins the game for solo players who might get farmed or just not rescued by other players or a 3 person SWF who just ignores you, I know they don't have to help as the game is built this way but it is frustrating when it happens 5 games in a row and the wait times being an issue at the moment

• PiiFree

@Eveline said:
    I'm playing on ps4. I understand what you said but I disagree because you are making a generalisation.

How is that a generalisation? It's a fact everyone but you will agree to.

Survivors tend to be more toxic than Killers. It's logical because we are humans. You give them the tools to be toxic and you give them a mob mentality and they tend to become way more toxic than when they were alone.

You can keep denying that, it's fine. But please go and check the definition of generalisation again. I'm not saying ALL Survivors are toxic, I'm saying they are naturally more toxic because of the two reasons I already told you several times now.

• Eveline
    Lol your opinion isn't the same as everyones. Just because you say something doesn't mean everyone agrees. Maybe I should keep notes or make videos. First game today already toxic nodding spirit and I bet 7/10 of games will be similar.

So should I say that killers are more toxic because yesterday when I played killer I didn't encountered any toxic survivor? Nah and I know what generalisation means, thinking like you.
  • PiiFree
    edited February 2019

@Eveline said:
    Lol your opinion isn't the same as everyones. Just because you say something doesn't mean everyone agrees. Maybe I should keep notes or make videos. First game today already toxic nodding spirit and I bet 7/10 of games will be similar.

So should I say that killers are more toxic because yesterday when I played killer I didn't encountered any toxic survivor? Nah and I know what generalisation means, thinking like you.

Never said that. Your PS4 experience is certainly different to our PC experience. I'm simply using logic and basic human mindsets to make conclusions that happens to represent reality, based on my experience.

In case you're interested, I posted my profile in my forum account so feel free to head over and have a look at all the toxicity I go through on a daily base. It can give you some insights on PC experience as Killer.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

@The_Crusader don't single out Killers or Survivors the game is toxic on both sides. Deal with it or play something else. If a nod or teabaging is too much for you and gets you triggered maybe you need to play something else.

• Eveline
    I don't deny your experience. I believe you and I am sorry about it. I just don't think that killers are less toxic. 
  • This content has been removed.
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@PiiFree said:

@The_Crusader said:

@The_Crusader said:

How does that make it toxic? It's a scummy playstyle, just like looping or abusing building semi-infinites but it's not toxic.

I'm not taking you seriously. You think looping is a scummy playstyle. Even though you have bloodlust and plenty of perks/killer powers to counter it.

• PiiFree
    edited February 2019

@Poweas said:
    I'm not taking you seriously. You think looping is a scummy playstyle. Even though you have bloodlust and plenty of perks/killer powers to counter it.

Then why do you start a conversation with me?

I can twist that argument:

People think tunneling and slugging is scummy even though you have pallets, windows and plenty of perks to counter it.

• The_Crusader
    PiiFree said:

@The_Crusader said:

Wow, that's a video showing 3 Killers that disconnect. That certainly must mean every Killer is toxic now!

Do I have to show you my steam profile now with around 600 insulting comments exclusively coming from Survivors while I get insulted as both Survivor and Killer? And not a SINGLE Killer comment there?

Again, never said survivors weren't toxic. This is well known.

However killers who previously - from my experiences - had the moral high ground, now seem to be in a race to the bottom with survivors.

I've had it, my friends have had it, seems Eveline has had it too.

Not sure if it was you who said it but I agree with the comment that this is probsbly from years of built-up toxicity in the game in general .It gets to everyone. To quote Ghandi "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind".
  • PiiFree

@The_Crusader said:
    Again, never said survivors weren't toxic. This is well known.

However killers who previously - from my experiences - had the moral high ground, now seem to be in a race to the bottom with survivors.

I've had it, my friends have had it, seems Eveline has had it too.

Not sure if it was you who said it but I agree with the comment that this is probsbly from years of built-up toxicity in the game in general .It gets to everyone. To quote Ghandi "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind".

I guess you are right, but in a perfectly fine world the people would ask for forgiveness while admitting their misbehaviour from the past before expecting people to just forget about it ;) in other words, it's not a realistic thing to happen in DbD.

• Eveline
    edited February 2019
    If you yourself didn't do anything wrong why ask for forgivness? Playing survivor doesn't make me guilty. Toxic people will always be toxic I think, so they never apologize for misbehaviour.
  • PiiFree
    edited February 2019

@Eveline said:
    If you yourself didn't do anything wrong why ask for forgivness? Playing survivor doesn't make me guilty. Toxic people will always be toxic I think, so they never apologize for misbehaviour.

Which is exactly why the toxicity is never going to stop.

Toxic people will always be toxic and they'll continuously create more toxicity.

It's like a traumatized kid, it requires love and trust to get back to the right path. You can't just expect it to happen automatically. You have to lead them to the right path.

So deep atm lul

• Poweas

@PiiFree said:

@Poweas said:

People think tunneling and slugging is scummy even though you have pallets, windows and plenty of perks to counter it.

I agree. We're Billy mains anyways. We're a minority in these forums. We gotta stick together. But stop saying that looping is scummy. It's obviously an intended mechanic.

• PiiFree

@Poweas said:

@PiiFree said:

@Poweas said:

I agree. We're Billy mains anyways. We're a minority in these forums. We gotta stick together. But stop saying that looping is scummy. It's obviously an intended mechanic.

I'm not saying it's not intended or Survivors are not allowed to loop, but it's not always fun to deal with that's why I consider it scummy. DS, NOED, slugging, camping, tunneling, gen rushing, abusing the semi infinites,... can all be considered scummy imo.

If you don't consider looping scummy then I suppose you also don't consider it scummy to tunnel?

For me, scummy is that part between "normal" stuff and the "toxic" stuff. Stuff that's not exactly fun to deal with but in the end we all have to agree that they're just part of the game and people use them to win.

Teabagging, hitting on hook, nodding, flashlight triggering, insulting in chat / profile ect. have no gameplay purposes and that's why I consider them toxic. They're only used to provoke and taunt.

In the end we all want DbD to become a better game but it's hard to find balance / solutions when everyones experience is to different to the others. That's why discuss, after all :P

• Poweas

@PiiFree said:

@Poweas said:

@PiiFree said:

@Poweas said:

I'm not saying it's not intended or Survivors are not allowed to loop, but it's not always fun to deal with that's why I consider it scummy. DS, NOED, slugging, camping, tunneling, gen rushing, abusing the semi infinites,... can all be considered scummy imo.

If you don't consider looping scummy then I suppose you also don't consider it scummy to tunnel?

For me, scummy is that part between "normal" stuff and the "toxic" stuff. Stuff that's not exactly fun to deal with but in the end we all have to agree that they're just part of the game and people use them to win.

Teabagging, hitting on hook, nodding, flashlight triggering, insulting in chat / profile ect. have no gameplay purposes and that's why I consider them toxic. They're only used to provoke and taunt.

In the end we all want DbD to become a better game but it's hard to find balance / solutions when everyones experience is to different to the others. That's why discuss, after all :P

Yup, you're correct. I was wrong. But I still can't consider looping scummy. Let's agree to disagree. I'm quite narrowminded.

• PiiFree
    edited February 2019

@Poweas said:
    Yup, you're correct. I was wrong. But I still can't consider looping scummy. Let's agree to disagree. I'm quite narrowminded.

Sure, in the end what we consider scummy is very subjective.

• The_Crusader
    Imo

- Looping isn't toxic, it just isn't very fun. However it is part of the survviors objective to survive so they will do whatever it takes.

- Tunneling/camping the area isn't toxic, it just isn't very fun. However it is part of the killers objective to kill so they will do whatever it takes.

Toxic is things that serve no purpose other than to antagonize the other side e.g. tbagging or hitting on the hook. Or survivors forcing the killer to chase them around when they could just leave, or killers slugging the last guy and letting them bleed out rather than hooking, making the other side wait for no good reason basically.
  • BrendanLeeT
    BrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272

@The_Crusader said:

As for killers though, yeah if they lose badly they leave, but if they 4k they'll always stay around for the gloating and the "EZ". If they camped and noed to get 3 kills you can sure as hell bet they'll try to gloat and make fun of survivors too despite playing in a really ######### way.

Basically they only leave if they have nothing to say, otherwise they love to run their mouths and talk trash.

Hmm, this is reminding this that in 9/10 of my games, at least one survivor is just sat at the exit gates t-bagging or they will say post-game chat "Baby killer ez". Double standards man, survivors sit at the exit gates t-bagging and now some killers are sticking around to say ez.

• The_Crusader

@The_Crusader said:

Hmm, this is reminding this that in 9/10 of my games, at least one survivor is just sat at the exit gates t-bagging or they will say post-game chat "Baby killer ez". Double standards man, survivors sit at the exit gates t-bagging and now some killers are sticking around to say ez.

How is it double standards?

I've already said its widely known about survviors toxicity, and likewise it is some survivors not all.

My point was that killer toxicity seems to be on the rise. Which is worrying because traidtionally they haven't been as bad as survivors.
  • PiiFree

@The_Crusader said:
    Imo

• Looping isn't toxic, it just isn't very fun. However it is part of the survviors objective to survive so they will do whatever it takes.

• Tunneling/camping the area isn't toxic, it just isn't very fun. However it is part of the killers objective to kill so they will do whatever it takes.

Toxic is things that serve no purpose other than to antagonize the other side e.g. tbagging or hitting on the hook. Or survivors forcing the killer to chase them around when they could just leave, or killers slugging the last guy and letting them bleed out rather than hooking, making the other side wait for no good reason basically.

What a surprise, for once we share the same opinion ^^

• Kim
    Kim Member Posts: 76
    When i play killer and survivors do toxic things. Yes it kinda affects me idk if it’s my anxiety but it simply does do stuff to me when people are toxic. I try to never be toxic when i’m killer i simply just try to kill the survivors so when they are doin this stuff too me even tho i feel like i did nothing, it affects me. Just wanted too get that out there. :(
  • Eveline
    Kim said:
    When i play killer and survivors do toxic things. Yes it kinda affects me idk if it’s my anxiety but it simply does do stuff to me when people are toxic. I try to never be toxic when i’m killer i simply just try to kill the survivors so when they are doin this stuff too me even tho i feel like i did nothing, it affects me. Just wanted too get that out there. :(
    It affects everyone to different degrees but it's a real shame when polite people get abused by idiots and then they become toxic too. It's an endless cycle. I was tempted to be toxic too but I try not to succumb to it.
  • Giddawid
    Giddawid Member Posts: 102

I am sorry to hear that some of you are having experiences like this in your games, and I can sympathise with you. I agree with @Eveline that there are different degrees to it, and this is something we want to minimise the gap on. I can assure you that we are looking into ways of lowering levels of toxicity, beyond our banning systems, and also looking into gameplay mechanic changes as well. Ultimately, from my own experience, I try my hardest to separate the emotional side of my brain from the logical side, when it comes to "toxicity". The Meg is teabagging the killer, not the person PLAYING Meg is teabagging me. Separating that has helped me not take it to heart <3

• BrendanLeeT
    BrendanLeeT Member Posts: 272

@The_Crusader said:
    BrendanLeeT said:

@The_Crusader said:

How is it double standards?

I've already said its widely known about survviors toxicity, and likewise it is some survivors not all.

My point was that killer toxicity seems to be on the rise. Which is worrying because traidtionally they haven't been as bad as survivors.

Probably wrong wording on my half but like others stated, after getting "bullied" for months or years killers have just probably snapped. I'm not toxic but I don't care about survivor's fun when I camp at end game to secure a kill or if I tunnel because I stumbled across an injured survivor.

I used to ignore survivors that I previously hooked but after getting tired of toxicity I don't bother playing nicely anymore.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Why can't we just be nice to each other :(
    ToXiC mUsT ThIVe!!!
  • The_Crusader
    edited February 2019
    Giddawid said:

I am sorry to hear that some of you are having experiences like this in your games, and I can sympathise with you. I agree with @Eveline that there are different degrees to it, and this is something we want to minimise the gap on. I can assure you that we are looking into ways of lowering levels of toxicity, beyond our banning systems, and also looking into gameplay mechanic changes as well. Ultimately, from my own experience, I try my hardest to separate the emotional side of my brain from the logical side, when it comes to "toxicity". The Meg is teabagging the killer, not the person PLAYING Meg is teabagging me. Separating that has helped me not take it to heart <3

Some suggestions I've had.

1) Overwatch changes things like "gg ez" to humiliating sentances like "mom says I have to go to bed now". 

2) Rainbow six auto banned people for using the very worst words. Even without banning, there could at least be a word filter in the game. Personally I think it's ridiculous that the forums have a word filter but the game doesn't. There's no good reason for anyone to tell someone to kill themselves. Or if they say certain words/phrases they could just be muted and disabled from commenting in pre or post game chat for 24 hours.

This is just for the post game chat. In game I guess it's harder. 
  • The_Crusader

Ok another perfect example here

Load into game on red forest vs a Clown

• 1 person disconnects immediately (crash I'm assuming)

• First person gets hooked quickly, immediately kills themself on the hook

• next person gets hooked, immediately kills themself on hook

• I've took out Ruin and done a gen but he catches me, against his green add-ons I can't run for long

• He downs me, hooks me, then stands there nodding away. Post game he gives me "EZ" and "team of noobs".

He had NOED too which doesn't surprise me one bit.

And at the end of that I got a nice de-pip.

This seems to be the typical solo survivor experience these days. It's not hard to see why disconnects are so common. When is this going to be addressed?

As for me, I'm sure as hell gonna tbag a lot more killers from now on.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

I play mostly killer now so I didn't see any of this toxic behavior.
    I'm not that scummy, I play on PS4 so if I find the hatch first I will try to message the last survivor to tell them to get it, of course I let them go, I'm not that much of a c_nt. I only hit survivors on hook if they have been toxic or if they are the last ones I hook, because the screams can be annoying

• Poweas
    edited February 2019

@The_Crusader said:

Giddawid said:

Some suggestions I've had.

1) Overwatch changes things like "gg ez" to humiliating sentances like "mom says I have to go to bed now". 

2) Rainbow six auto banned people for using the very worst words. Even without banning, there could at least be a word filter in the game. Personally I think it's ridiculous that the forums have a word filter but the game doesn't. There's no good reason for anyone to tell someone to kill themselves. Or if they say certain words/phrases they could just be muted and disabled from commenting in pre or post game chat for 24 hours.

This is just for the post game chat. In game I guess it's harder. 

I would love that. The 1st one that is. Oh my god. I'd actually say gg ez just so it says that lol.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

@The_Crusader said:
    Dead_by_David said:

Is moonwalking in front of hook as Myers considered toxic because I do this a lot, I am normally to distracted to chase when they are unhooked xD

Moonwalking is definitely not toxic imo

It's an exploit, and abusing an exploit is toxic by nature in a multiplayer game.

• Dead_by_David

@IamFran said:

@The_Crusader said:
    Dead_by_David said:

Is moonwalking in front of hook as Myers considered toxic because I do this a lot, I am normally to distracted to chase when they are unhooked xD

It's an exploit, and abusing an exploit is toxic by nature in a multiplayer game.

Even if Billy Jean is playing?

• IamFran

@IamFran said:

@The_Crusader said:
    Dead_by_David said:

Only if you can prove that you was hearing it as background music. 
  • Dead_by_David

@IamFran said:
    Dead_by_David said:

@IamFran said:

@The_Crusader said:

Dead_by_David said:

Does my fish count as witnesses, they are willing to testify in court?

• IamFran
    edited February 2019

@IamFran said:
    Dead_by_David said:

@IamFran said:

@The_Crusader said:

Dead_by_David said:

You must apport a video recorded by a third person using an smartphone for example, a video recorded in PC/console using software is not valid for the court because the song can be placed later by editing it. 
  • se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

@Vietfox said:
    You are gonna have a tough life if you get affected that easily by anything.

Not even I would consider that toxic and I ain't got the thickest of skins.

• Dead_by_David

@IamFran said:
    Dead_by_David said:

@IamFran said:

Dead_by_David said:

@IamFran said:

@The_Crusader said:

Dead_by_David said:

You must apport a video recorded by a third person using an smartphone for example, a video recorded in PC/console using software is not valid for the court because the song can be placed later by editing it. 

...... If we are to be serious I do not think that this would go to court for me moonwalking as Myers. It is walking backwards, I do not think this counts as an exploit?

• IamFran

@Dead_by_David said:

@IamFran said:
    Dead_by_David said:

@IamFran said:

Dead_by_David said:

@IamFran said:

@The_Crusader said:

Dead_by_David said:

...... If we are to be serious I do not think that this would go to court for me moonwalking as Myers. It is walking backwards, I do not think this counts as an exploit?

When I talk about moonwalk I refer to pressing the keys repeteatedly to walk backwards with the walk forward animations and as far as I know it avoid a chase counting as a chase to favour the stealthy, I'm not talking about killers, maybe I'm wrong or misunderstood something about moonwalking.

• Dead_by_David

@IamFran said:

@Dead_by_David said:

@IamFran said:
    Dead_by_David said:

@IamFran said:

Dead_by_David said:

@IamFran said:

@The_Crusader said:

Dead_by_David said:

When I talk about moonwalk I refer to pressing the keys repeteatedly to walk backwards with the walk forward animations and as far as I know it avoid a chase counting as a chase to favour the stealthy, I'm not talking about killers, maybe I'm wrong or misunderstood something about moonwalking.

I was talking about Michael Myers doing it xD I cannot do it as survivor