https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/472588/future-of-dead-by-daylight-forums
Killer explanations are could do with filling out
Since they added the killer ability lists in the menu, I haven't paid a huge amount of attention to them. But I was idly checking something on spirit today, namely if her attacks coming out of phase count as basic attacks or special attacks and noticed the description doesn't specify. Out of curiosity I checked nurse's description since I know for a fact her blink strikes do not count as basic attacks and her description doesnt specify either.
These sorts of details should be included. I'd imagine if I bothered to read through all the descriptions I'd find a lot of useful information missing. They do seem very light on details even for something that's designed to be referenced quickly.
Comments
-
Yes, especially the power interactions with perks and certain map structures (for example PHs power going up/down of elevation) could be mentioned somewhere except for dedicated killer guides.
1 -
I also discovered the hard way that PyH's power does not go up/down outdoor steps lol
2 -
Thank you for that knowledge lol, like once in a year i play PH and it's always a clusterfck of me not understanding anything about his power interaction with map tilesπ¦
1 -
I play him occasionally. I like to think im good with him as sometimes i've impressed the odd streamer with my patience for firing at the right moment, but to me he is the clunkiest killer in the game and i'd swear he moves as slow as hag even tho he doesn't, as i've had many situations where id chase someone from 1 end of the map to the door on the other end and still not reach them lol.
I was just playing him in 2v8 as i ran out of ideas on who to prestige and started putting points into him. And that outdoor map with big building with an upper room and metal stairs outside / concrete stairs inside, tried chasing someone up the outside stairs and went "oh yea he can shoot uphill now" 'goes through the stairs' "oh. π"
Wouldn't hurt to add power changing addons to a killers power tutorial menu either. Like pinhead being able to hurt you with chains, trappers traps reopening, hags traps body blocking, huntress iri head knocking down in 1 hit etc. Though that might complicate the tutorial stuff more and add a ton of reading, they are all things new players would be suprised and confused about.
1 -
I mean having all that information accessible as an optional tutorial would at least reduce the entry hurdle for new players by a lot. Many players would be confused, read the killer description more closely and understand it better.
I think the main goal would be to focus specific information about killers into a designated section instead of a random assortion of power and addon description which are more or less telling.
1 -
I thought they fixed that in a recent patch?
0 -
Goes up hills, probably solid steps too. But stairs you can see through seems to not work still. Tried it yesterday.
0 -
I'm surprised they don't specify, that's a good catch. I'm hoping they keep adding to the descriptions because it was a great addition
0 -
This is a great piece of feedback (and thanks for checking out the Gameplay Showcase menu)! This is definitely something I can pass on to the team!
2 -
Thanks π It is a really good feature, very helpful for newer players. And handy when new killers come out, I particularly like the little video clips of how powers work. Helped me out with the judgement release.
Would love to see it developed more. Perhaps there could be a "did you know?" Style list of tips added to the endgame of each entry to cover odd interactions like this.
Crying shame the forums are only around for another month. This kind of thing is what it's made for.
3 -
For what it's worth, I also love your suggestion of "did you know" style tips! On that topic, have you been finding the existing tips useful?
2 -
Yup, was a big help when I started playing judgement and has been handy on a couple of the killers I'm less familiar with.
0