https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/472588/future-of-dead-by-daylight-forums
Change Luck Offerings & Up The Ante
Luck builds used to be viable but with Diminishing Returns and the eminent rework of Slippery Meat they are dumpster gravy. Luck Offerings & Up The Ante will only be used for nefarious purposes that are in no way good for DbD matches.
Rather than just retiring Luck Offerings:
- For all Vigo's Jars of Salty Lips offerings replace them with Bloody Party Streamers.
- For all the other Luck Offerings replace them with Bound Envelopes.
Players need a lot of bloodpoints and this would just be a small gesture to help with that grind while also improving match quality.
As for Up The Ante:
- For every 15 seconds you spend in chase gain a token, up to a maximum of 8 tokens. For every token you have:
- Repair generators 1% faster.
- Heal and unhook 2% faster.
- Open Exit Gates 4% faster.
- Dropping a pallet removes 2 tokens.
Comments
-
So removing any chance for team to try self unhook?
-1 -
Survivors rarely use the luck offerings to try to unhook themselves, it's used more to die quicker on hook so it's quite unhealthy for the game.
3 -
It's not that simple. DR removed options for high self unhook chance. If someone uses up the ant to die faster they can do it in many different ways.
0 -
How is it not that simple? With Luck Offerings and/or Up The Ante survivors don't even have a decent chance at unhooking. Even without Diminishing Returns the odds are terrible. So why should it exist at all if it's not viable and most of the players using it are just using it as a shortcut to get to second hook state?
What are the different ways to die faster you're referring to and why does that mean Luck Offerings & Up The Ante should stay? Is there another shortcut to second hook state I am not aware of?
I don't think self-unhooks should be removed entirely. There is still the scenario when only 2 survivors remain in a match and one of them has never been hooked before who gets hooked. In that case they should have the opportunity to attempt to self-unhook and be sacrificed after two unattempted skill checks to give the other survivor a chance at hatch or to give themselves some chance of escaping because the other survivor isn't leaving the open gate they're at. But I don't think Luck Offerings & Up The Ante should exist just to help with this scenario.
0 -
I got many uses of those where someone unhooked themselves when 1 person was on hook, two slugged and last chased. I mean, if someone desperately want to go next they will just run into killer or idle under the hook. If you remove odds of unhooking yourself that are already extremely rare it will make those lucky unhooks if whole team is dying somewhat minimum possible rather than just waiting for everyone else to be slugged to surrender.
0 -
Yikes, current up the ante is more useful than that. No offense but you fundamentally misunderstand the game so badly if you think that perk is worth running that it's debatable on whether or not you are even physically capable of coming up with a good idea.
-1 -
This is another scenario where I support a survivor getting the option to attempt to self-unhook basekit, especially once the last survivor goes down.
I just don't think Luck Offerings & Up the Ante are healthy for the game and you're not even coming close to swaying me. I've seen it happen too often where someone brings Up The Ante, Vigo's Jar of Salty Lips, Black Salt Statuette or Salt Pouch and then another salty survivor who's not having fun uses it to shortcut to second stage. The point is the Luck mechanic is doing more harm than good.
I'd like to confess my own actions at times but I don't think the Forum Rules allow me to do that. I ran Slippery Meat a lot circa 2023 with a lot better self-unhook odds and still I can count on one hand where it had a positive effect on games I was in, for the team.
Is your only argument that you use Luck Offerings & Up the Ante, therefore they should stay?
-1