Killer Concept - The A.I.

Options

New Killer - The A.I. (and survivor too). Here I wanted to do something more in tune with the digital age. I didn't want to go full robot/cyborg, since it would be logically superior in every way to a human survivor. SO, I settled on a special forces soldier who got an experimental micro-computer installed in his head. You'll also see the theme of technology throughout his perks.
First of all (and yes I've said this exact same thing with every new killer I submit), sorry for the impending wall of text. Yes this is yet another new killer/new survivor kind of post. Sorry not sorry. I really appreciate this game and would like to see it evolve. Now then, all constructive criticism welcome. If you like my ideas, say so. If they're crap say so then help me polish the turd a little. You get the idea. Fuller backstory to follow if this idea is liked. Will respond to comments as able.

The A.I. (115% base speed. 32m terror radius. Weapon=combat knife. Appearance=A muscular/fit solider with pallid skin tone and possible trace digital/electronic elements on his face). So the cliff-notes version is this... He's a highly trained special forces operator who suffers a catastrophic brain injury during the course of a vital rescue mission. His only chance was a highly experimental micro-computer inserted directly into his brain. The surgery was a smashing success and initially, he returned to some semblance of normalcy. This was not to last however. In a stunning act of sabotage, during a routine check up a dark web virus was uploaded to his computer, planting a seed of corruption that grew to fruition. As he realized that he was losing all vestiges of his old self, he could only despair as something else took hold. For this virus was from a dark web not of this world. He blinked one final time and when he opened his eyes, it wasn't him but rather something far more insidious and evil staring out. Just like that, the Entity joined the digital age. With that, the A.I. left for parts unknown, disappearing without a trace.

Power: LAN Party - The A.I.'s power is entirely based on the idea of connectivity. Everything and everyone in a trial is connected. This manifests itself in a trial as 2 passive and one active effects, explained as follows (i kept the passive effects weak so as not to be considered op. Let me know if more needs to be done)...

Firewall (passive): After the first generator is completed, each subsequent generator is protected by an increasingly more aggressive defense. For every generator completed, all other generators have their time to repair increased by an additional 5%, stacking.

EULA (passive): It's your network, so your rules. Skill checks will now appear in random locations on a survivor's screen. Additionally, you frown on end users sharing resources. Anytime 2 or more survivors are involved in a healing or repair action, the skill check meter moves 5% faster per survivor involved.

DDOS (active): Sometimes you just have to step in personally to direct the traffic on your network. After being in a chase with a survivor for 10 seconds, your power icon will highlight brightly. You can then hit the power button to block the vault point or pallet that's closest to the survivor being chased for 2 seconds. When this power is ready to be used, the qualifying vault point or pallet that would be affected by activating it at that moment will be highlighted in yellow (think windows of opportunity style) to the killer only. There is a 10 second cd afterwards. There is no stacking uses of this power, as it must be used before the cd begins, and it's lost if the chase ends or a new chase begins with someone else. Successfully hitting the survivor you're chasing removes 5 seconds from the cd, if active.

Mori - With the survivor down and moving feebly, the A.I. grabs them by their hair, lifting them into a position where they're on their knees. The A.I. then comes up behind them, whispers "Ssshhh" closely into their ear, and quickly snaps their neck before throwing them forcefully face down into the ground. I'm thinking the A.I. is about efficiency, so this mori would be on the shorter side.

Perk#1: Ghost in the Machine - Technology carries your evil touch throughout the network. Anytime you damage a generator, up to 1/2/3 additional generators with progress are also damaged and start regressing. If those additional generators are being worked on, those survivors suffer an immediate failed skill check. Other generator damage perk effects do NOT transfer (ie no spreading of overcharge or pop goes the weasel).

Perk#2: Hex: Shrapnel - This is a hex based on pain and suffering. Working on generators is necessary, but has always carried with it a certain degree of risk. Now that risk is much greater. Failed generator skill checks (including those from pulling away) will now injure all healthy survivors within 3 meters of that generator by 1 health state. Injured survivors will not be put into the dying state, but rather will receive the broken status effect for 60 seconds. Furthermore, all affected survivors will suffer for 60 seconds from the cumulative effects of, by tier, hemorrhage/ blinded/ hindered.

Perk#3: Overclocked - The success of survivors fuels you to greater physical ability. Every time a generator is completed, you receive a 5% boost to your speed lasting 3/4/5 seconds stacking per completed generator (ie 5 seconds with first gen completed, 10 sec with the second, etc.). The boost is doubled in intensity if within 10 meters of a generator that's completed.

Survivor - Lana Covey. My general idea here is a black hat hacker. Possibly the one responsible for uploading the virus to the A.I. in the first place.

Perk#1: Tech Savvy - You have always had your finger on the pulse of technology. While working on a generator, you see the auras of all other generators with progress within a 32/64/unlimited range. Generators with 50% or less progress will show as light pink while those above 50% will show as dark red. Additionally, generators you have worked on for at least 50/40/30 seconds will always be visible regardless of working on a generator, distance, or progress (if it regresses to zero it will show as white), and will regress 20% slower.

Perk#2: It's Good to be Bad - You were never a goody two-shoes. In fact, people would be surprised if they knew about the skeletons in your closet. As such, you carry more favor with the entity than a normal survivor does. Your sacrifice meter on the hook progresses 5/10/15% slower. This is doubled if the killer is within 24 meters of you. After being rescued from a hook, you leave no scratch marks for 3 seconds and your aura can't be detected by the killer for 10/20/30 seconds.

Perk#3: On a Roll - Your meticulous nature and drive to succeed have made you the epitome of a perfectionist. Every time you succeed at a great skill check, your great skill check zones increase in size by 5/7/10%, capped at 100%/double in size. Failing a skill check (good or great) at any time erases all progress on this perk and further reduces your great skill check zone by 50%.

Comments

• Magnus13
    Magnus13 Member Posts: 74
    Options

Nice!

• Magnus13
    Magnus13 Member Posts: 74
    Options

@SofaKingSpecial said:

EULA (passive): It's your network, so your rules. Skill checks will now appear in random locations on a survivor's screen. Additionally, you frown on end users sharing resources. Anytime 2 or more survivors are involved in a healing or repair action, the skill check meter moves 5% faster per survivor involved.****thats like a doctor thing.

• SofaKingSpecial
    SofaKingSpecial Member Posts: 43
    Options

You always comment on my ideas dude. I like that. Anyway, It's not so specialized that it should be limited to one killer. The A.I.'s skill checks are not jittery and chaotic like the doctor's. Having said that, random location skill checks is not something that logically needs to be limited to one killer. Kind of like add-ons that allow killers to see generator status. Legion and wraith both have those. There's room for sharing!

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,229
    Options
    Misleading character design for that name but i understand your train of thought.

As always chase requirement = bad.

Cant say much except ddos being maybe too weak even considering both passives.
    Its in a position i cant even come up with alternatives.

I like the perks but Itsgoodtobebad might be too strong.
  • SofaKingSpecial
    SofaKingSpecial Member Posts: 43
    Options

Agree to disagree but as always I appreciate your feedback Raptorrotas. I mean that. I welcome critique. Chasing is a huge part of the game and I don't think the requirements here are too strict. A 10 second chase is extremely easy to accomplish and then you're literally shutting down any loop and getting practically a free hit, which in turn will make the power ready again that much sooner. There's some definite tweaking that can be done for sure though. Also consider that ddos has the added effect of a backdoor tracking system. Even if you lose sight of the survivor temporarily, the fact that the closest (to the survivor) block points highlight let you know where that survivor is.