The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is it just me or...?

Stinky
Stinky Member Posts: 45
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

Is it just me or does it seem like there's been an increase in killers that take the "Slugging" approach to the game?
You know; doing an "All-Seeing" build and then just downing all the survivors as quickly as possible without hooking them until they're all down and unable to help each other.
I don't really get this. Nobody really gets anything out of it now that it's post-event time. The Bloodpoints are negligible at best.
It just feels like a waste of time and offerings/items.

Answers

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

The hook distribution system has changed, there are a lot less hooks available now.
    That and DS+flashlights are the reasons why killers use slugging builds

• Stinky

That's the reason? There's still hooks every 2 meters even if they took out some of them.
    Jesus...

• TeaLeaf
    TeaLeaf Member Posts: 205

Thats probably a reason and there really not that close. However it is a legit strategy, same as any other. Some killers want to kill and not play tag with 2 free time outs for every one I guess.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Slugging is one of the better ways to actively slow the game down. Ruin is nice if it lasts more than 30 seconds. Gen destroyer builds are fun, but not good enough to deal with rush strats at higher levels. Slugging also gets survivors to play suboptimal by making them stop to pick someone up which is great for getting into quick chases and hits.

• Stinky

For once I'm going to say that calling it a "legit strategy" is a bit bullsh*t.
    It's trolling at it's baseline. Exploiting game design for the singular purpose of giving people a crappy game experience. Hell, I even had a Freddy player not even hooking a single survivor. Just downed everyone and let them bleed out. Took forever.
    Mind you, I'm not getting worked up about it. I've been on the internet (and pvp games) long enough to know it's just the way it goes.
    Survivor players will adapt to it eventually and just stop going for the bait, and we'll probably see a rise in use of the Unbreakable Perk as well as No Mither builds, is all.

• MaxiferPriest
    MaxiferPriest Member Posts: 189

@Stinky said:
    Is it just me or does it seem like there's been an increase in killers that take the "Slugging" approach to the game?
    You know; doing an "All-Seeing" build and then just downing all the survivors as quickly as possible without hooking them until they're all down and unable to help each other.
    I don't really get this. Nobody really gets anything out of it now that it's post-event time. The Bloodpoints are negligible at best.
    It just feels like a waste of time and offerings/items.

there are more sluggers. new hook distribution system plus the biggest problem of them all that is gen rush. those are the main 2 reasons killers slug

• MysticL
    MysticL Member Posts: 25

do not see any problem in this post
    everyone is playing this game like he want's to play, unless he/she breaking game rules for deserved ban (i'm not talking about survivor/killer sided "rules" (ex. "genrush, camper, tunneler", that's another coolstory)
    someone playing for a kills, someone for BP's and sometimes no matter how he can reach that goal
    you must understand and admit that you are not the only one living human who playing this game, and sometimes it's not for you to deside how the game will go.
    :)

• Stinky

@MysticL said:
    do not see any problem in this post
    everyone is playing this game like he want's to play, unless he/she breaking game rules for deserved ban (i'm not talking about survivor/killer sided "rules" (ex. "genrush, camper, tunneler", that's another coolstory)
    someone playing for a kills, someone for BP's and sometimes no matter how he can reach that goal
    you must understand and admit that you are not the only one living human who playing this game, and sometimes it's not for you to deside how the game will go.
    :)

It's just a tendency, is all. I personally find it a bit cheap and exploitive, but if that's how people want to play, then by all means let them.
    I just feel it makes for a boring game when everyone is playing the same builds on the same charaters and employ the same tactics.

• MysticL
    MysticL Member Posts: 25

@Stinky said:

It's just a tendency, is all. I personally find it a bit cheap and exploitive, but if that's how people want to play, then by all means let them.
    I just feel it makes for a boring game when everyone is playing the same builds on the same charaters and employ the same tactics.

that's true, but may be just these guys you played against found it fun and interractive
    anyway's this not happening from game to game forever
    in such situations, I just understand that I can go to another match, and it’s not a fact that i will see same game exp. as prev. one ;)

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    It's only a problem on Nurse and Billy. Like most things.
  • Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Could be many reasons why a killer slugs.

It can be using the survivor as bait, which will work well for killers like Nurse.
    It helps slow the game down, with how fast gens are being completed I honestly expect to see it more.
    With the new hook system wiggle DS and wiggling free are more likely, if there's no hook nearby.
    Or you could simply be using DS and the killer doesn't want to deal with it.

It's an feature of the game, Just because you don't enjoy it doesn't mean it's trolling or exploiting.

• Stinky

@Bongbingbing said:
    Could be many reasons why a killer slugs.

It can be using the survivor as bait, which will work well for killers like Nurse.
    It helps slow the game down, with how fast gens are being completed I honestly expect to see it more.
    With the new hook system wiggle DS and wiggling free are more likely, if there's no hook nearby.
    Or you could simply be using DS and the killer doesn't want to deal with it.

It's an feature of the game, Just because you don't enjoy it doesn't mean it's trolling or exploiting.

I don't know about "feature", as i don't know if it's an intended concept from the devs. But yes, players have the freedom to play as they see fit. And it totally made sense in the event, an easy way of farming moonrise coins. I guess I'd just hoped it would go back to normal again quicker. I find matches with more varying builds infinitely more fun. You know, when you get the little surprise that the Killer doesn't use BBQ, NC, Whispers and Ruin, but you have to figure out what they are using and then adapt to it.