If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Former survivor main - TIPS NEEDED

Options

I recently have gotten serious about ranking up, and also decided to seriously start playing killer. I am a former HUGE survivor main with probably 3/4 of my hours being in survivor, and used to honestly be kind of toxic before I played killer and got a taste of my own medicine. Now I completely understand it from a killer's perspective, and am nearing rank 10 after the recent rank reset.

How in the hell do you deal with toxic survivors as a killer? Especially SWF? My main issue right now is not knowing how to counter loops, or wasting too much time catching survivors that by the time I've killed someone, already most gens are done or in a worst case scenario, they're all done and I am forced to camp to ensure 1-2 kills.

Is there a certain build that's the best (besides the obvious hex ruin, which I haven't unlocked yet) or a top 5 killers to play? I main huntress right now, is she good in very high ranks?

Also: how do you resist the urge to ragequit lol I honestly have so much respect for killers who deal with being bullied all game and still say 'gg' or are generally cool about it

Comments

• Mercury
    Mercury Member Posts: 326
    Options

Huntress is fairly great. I enjoy her and that your aim practically decides how the match goes- apart from some hitbox issues...

There is no real counter to looping except playing Nurse or if there's obsticales you can throw over the Huntress can deal with it too, but otherwise there's only giving up and going back to patrolling gens.

For Killers that work great in high rank, I am certain you are quite familiar with the holy Trifecta: Nurse, Hillbilly and Huntress.

Perks that usually work great is like you said ruin, BBQ&C, Nurse's, since some still heal in your terror radius. Other things like Agitation CAN work against body blocking most of the time, since you run faster than they can block. I like to use others things that slow specific actions down, like remember me. The perks come down to your playstyle and how you feel good about it, so try out some builds and see what you like best.

I hate camping myself and usually don't do it, but- IF you know someone is nearby and they have been overly altruistic, don't shy away from protecting your territory and make them respect your authoritah~.

• Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757
    Options

Honestly if you are having trouble tracking equip Bloodhound, and possibly sloppy butcher(Not needed if you have an add-on that increases bleeding) as well. It might sound like a noob tip, but while I was learning proper tracking it helped me find quite a few survivors I would have otherwise lost.

Ruin is a great pick, I personally prefer Overcharge myself, or the new perk the clown has. Ruin is still useful, though I find it only really helps if you have Max ranks in it like all perks.

• Vortexas
    Vortexas Member Posts: 757
    Options

As fair as Toxic Survivors?

Honestly if I see 3 items, or more preequipped before a match I bring Franklins regardless, if I see two flashlights? Franklins, otherwise I have a habit of dodging SWF myself, which is the best advice I would offer. They are really not very fun to play against.

The one advantage you can use against SWF though is KNOWING they -WILL- go for the save. Sometimes I equip insidious and just let them come to me. Of course you might want to hide a little as in no directly face camp them.

• NotBiasedAtAll
    NotBiasedAtAll Member Posts: 50
    Options

Usually SWF players that act toxic hate to lose a teammate almost as much as they hate to die themselves. Try camping the first person you catch after you notice a toxic team, especially if they're grouped up most of the time, and you may be able to take advantage of their friendship.
    But in general, just get good. Being familiar and experienced with maps, mechanics, and strategies is probably the most important thing you can do.
    Also, generally only chase pallet loopers for around 1-3 pallets, then go apply pressure to gens.

• Kilrane
    Kilrane Member Posts: 89
    Options
    Yep, SWF are overly altruistic. You can and should abuse. Welcome to the "power role". Lol