Pallet is the new Window (It sucks)

Options

The game was balanced before the pallet "nerf" on 2.0.0, but now the killer is clearly advantaged and chases around pallets (aka pallet loops) last much less making for the survivors the game more difficult. I don't understand why the game suffered this change, but if devs think it's needed, they should at least give some disadvantages to the killer too.

Comments

• TheWind
    TheWind Member Posts: 59
    Options

@Prixusman I always suggest that if you think something is broken try it for yourself. Play the killer a bit, rank up and see how it actually feels. I'm not saying your opinion is invalid it's simply contrary to what I've experienced. Get some killer play in and make a better argument and the devs will consider it.

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

Overall, this patch is a step in the right direction for this game.

It's an appetizer to what they need to eventually do, which is give the killers more power.

At high ranks, and even mid ranks... killers are mediocre in their pursuits. I'm a rank 1 killer on console, I get it. Survivors need ways to stretch out a chase... I get it.

They need to drag things out. I get it. At high ranks, the chases can be annoyingly long and ridiculous no matter what your skill level as killer is.

It would be more about the survivors making mistakes than the killer. I've had games where I played very good with a Freddy or Leatherface and barely pipped or safety pipped. Why?

Cause the survivors were SWF, and very good at looping and time wasting.

SWF>Killers

The pallet changes were good changes. You can no longer run to a pallet and jam the pull down button. If you do, you're on the wrong side of the pallet now. It gives the killer that extra .5 second or so to hit you.

This patch is good. It isn't perfect, and they need to put the scary back in DbD, but like I said its a start.

Adapt.

I main Freddy. With proper add ons he's mid tier at best. Like with the best add ons and a mori he's mid tier probably.

I had to adapt to the nerf he got 1 week out. Because of cry children that couldn't adapt to him being invisible.

You adapt.

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615
    Options

This player is some kind of special huh? lol

• shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201
    Options

Except pallet vacuum was just one aspect of why the balance is so broken. Survivors can still easily loop a pallet, to very little detriment to them. It's great the vacuum is gone. Especially since it's brings out people like you, that just want the game to be easier for you, when it's still pretty easy for survivors.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Pixusman said:
    The game was balanced before the pallet "nerf" on 2.0.0, but now the killer is clearly advantaged and chases around pallets (aka pallet loops) last much less making for the survivors the game more difficult. I don't understand why the game suffered this change, but if devs think it's needed, they should at least give some disadvantages to the killer too.

I suggest you play killer by yourself, and with that I mean you rank up and face experienced survivors.
    Then you will realize how the game actually works

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    edited June 2018
    Options

@CallMeRusty420
    @SadonicShadow

bet this guy was one of the people leaving bad reviews on the game and posting discussions on steam saying "freddy op pls nerf"

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    edited June 2018
    Options

So, using pallets as teleporting features was a "fine advantage" for survivors ?
    Well, now that's discutable.

Also : windows do not suck if you can use them. Sorry, it's just another case of "Git Gud".

• ABCBABCBABC
    ABCBABCBABC Member Posts: 12
    Options

Have you tried adapting your playstyle so that it is not reliant on Pallet Looping?

• Adalwine
    Adalwine Member Posts: 1
    Options

@ABCBABCBABC said:
    Have you tried adapting your playstyle so that it is not reliant on Pallet Looping?

Well looping is kinda required depending on how the game's going and which killer it is, map etc.

• Kuris
    Kuris Member Posts: 191
    Options

the game was "balanced"?

• jiyeonlee
    jiyeonlee Member Posts: 211
    Options

is your opponent were always nurse?

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,217
    Options

Hahahahahaha!!!!!!