The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Clown > Huntress?

Clown can make his own bottles, Huntress gets annoying locker highlights when she runs out, both have enough for a chase, The Huntress' hatchets give the speed boost as a regular hit, the bottles affect crowds rather than one person, give a coughing sound to find them, alerted if you hit them, slows you for a easy chase, ruins your sight, Huntress is 110% speed, Clown is 115%, you have a larger hit box for the Clown's bottles rather than The Huntress' hatchets, which you need precise aim for, Huntress' design and Clown design are both unique and amazing, gameplay wise? I think Clown has the upper edge, both require skill. Thoughts?

Comments

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

Clown can make his own bottles, Huntress gets annoying locker highlights when she runs out, both have enough for a chase, The Huntress' hatchets give the speed boost as a regular hit, the bottles affect crowds rather than one person, give a coughing sound to find them, alerted if you hit them, slows you for a easy chase, ruins your sight, Huntress is 110% speed, Clown is 115%, you have a larger hit box for the Clown's bottles rather than The Huntress' hatchets, which you need precise aim for, Huntress' design and Clown design are both unique and amazing, gameplay wise? I think Clown has the upper edge, both require skill. Thoughts?

Clown slows himself down when he throws his bottle alongside the Survivor, making his power useless.
    Survivors can use this slowdown to negate his power by not being afraid of the gas, making his power useless.
    The Clown can do literally nothing when Survivors just sit at a pallet, making his power useless. Meanwhile, that’s a death wish against Huntress.
    The Clown has no map pressure, whereas Huntress can score cross-map snipes.
    The Clown has 18 different bugs, including his bottle exploding in his hand and Survivors giving no visual, audible, or scoreboard-based indication of being intoxicated.
  • HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

They can both do things somewhat better than the other in areas they are weak in.

Clown has crowd control and slows everyone down, Huntress can injure people.
    Clown can slow down loops and use that loop to injure you, Huntress just injures/kills you.
    Clown walks faster so his power closes the chase, Huntress is slower and NEEDS the hatchet.

If someone is at a loop with Clown that Clown needs to be good at loops or their bottle is useless, Huntress does not have this problem. I prefer Clown to Huntress because I don't need that slower speed and the larger impact area is very forgiving because I suck at aiming. Also he laughs at everything, hit he laughs, stun he laughs, very jolly person <3

• Artisks
    Artisks Member Posts: 10

clown without addons is one of the worst killers lmao.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

@Artisks said:

I had Clown at 0 perks, 0 add ons when I first played and got him and I got a 4k lmao. 2 gens done.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

@No_Mither_No_Problem said:

Clown slows himself down when he throws his bottle alongside the Survivor, making his power useless.
    Survivors can use this slowdown to negate his power by not being afraid of the gas, making his power useless.
    The Clown can do literally nothing when Survivors just sit at a pallet, making his power useless. Meanwhile, that’s a death wish against Huntress.
    The Clown has 18 different bugs, including his bottle exploding in his hand and Survivors giving no visual, audible, or scoreboard-based indication of being intoxicated.

The Huntress' hitboxes and glitches are just as bad, that's what add ons are for, Huntress is already 110% speed so the small delay for Clown makes it so it's balanced more so, he still will out chase them and hit them rather than rely on hatchets. If you are a GOOD killer, you don't need to rely on cross pallet hits and you should be good with looping, The Clown indeed does add pressure, fast, multiple hits with his bottles and knife, Huntress is slow and dependent on making the shot, you are basing a part of the argument on glitches, not real game play, the Huntress is dependent on her ability and would not be able to make up otherwise, Clown is multi useful, a good Clown is hard to dodge in a chase, even a good Huntress is easy to avoid, try and dead hard a hatchet, or 360 it, won't work vs. his bottles.

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

@No_Mither_No_Problem said:

The Huntress' hitboxes and glitches are just as bad, that's what add ons are for, Huntress is already 110% speed so the small delay for Clown makes it so it's balanced more so, he still will out chase them and hit them rather than rely on hatchets. If you are a GOOD killer, you don't need to rely on cross pallet hits and you should be good with looping, The Clown indeed does add pressure, fast, multiple hits with his bottles and knife, Huntress is slow and dependent on making the shot, you are basing a part of the argument on glitches, not real game play, the Huntress is dependent on her ability and would not be able to make up otherwise, Clown is multi useful, a good Clown is hard to dodge in a chase, even a good Huntress is easy to avoid, try and dead hard a hatchet, or 360 it, won't work vs. his bottles.

You’d think all this would be true, but then you realize that a) it isn’t because the slowdown on a bottle throw is just that bad, and b) Survivors can camp pallets, which you THINK would let you burn through pallets easier, but then you look at gen times and then you look at the pallet count on the map and you realize Clown is garbage.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@ShrekIsHot said:

@Artisks said:

I had Clown at 0 perks, 0 add ons when I first played and got him and I got a 4k lmao. 2 gens done.

Against some survivors it doesnt matter what you do.