The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Add Jason ( Friday The 13th )

DBD Team Add Jason ( Friday The 13th ) Please

Comments

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,211

First, they'd need to get the legal rights to Jason
    Second, he currently has is own game
    Third, said game is currently going through legal issues (unless those got resolved and I didn't hear anything).

What I'm basically saying is this: A lot of people WANT Jason in DBD, but the fact is that he's not likely to join the cast of Killers, at least for a while.

• RabidWabbitz
    RabidWabbitz Member Posts: 93

@VolantConch1719 said:
    Third, said game is currently going through legal issues (unless those got resolved and I didn't hear anything).

What I'm basically saying is this: A lot of people WANT Jason in DBD, but the fact is that he's not likely to join the cast of Killers, at least for a while.

the legal issues were resolved. he could actually be brought in under different licenses though. Jason has many different licenses that could be drawn from in order to put him in the game. all they have to do is use the remakes license and it is golden.

• ACID2BROS
    ACID2BROS Member Posts: 23

i think it's an interesting idea to add Jason to the roster, but the fact that Jason has an independent game itself can cause a lot of trouble for DBD team. I think the creator of DBD make great killers themselves, such as THE DOCTOR or the fan favorite LEGION. But DBD team, WE ARE WAITING FOR JASON!
    -P.S would you add some cosmetics for The Doctor pls?

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

Please don't add him as Pillow-case mask Jason from Friday 13th Pt 2 though, or if you do, make the hockey mask unlockable like Leatherface's faces are.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

@ACID2BROS said:
    i think it's an interesting idea to add Jason to the roster, but the fact that Jason has an independent game itself can cause a lot of trouble for DBD team. I think the creator of DBD make great killers themselves, such as THE DOCTOR or the fan favorite LEGION. But DBD team, WE ARE WAITING FOR JASON!
    -P.S would you add some cosmetics for The Doctor pls?

And some for Hag

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    Rather have tom savinni designed pam vorhees
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

no

• SpacingLlamas
    SpacingLlamas Member Posts: 602

@RabidWabbitz said:

@VolantConch1719 said:

the legal issues were resolved. he could actually be brought in under different licenses though. Jason has many different licenses that could be drawn from in order to put him in the game. all they have to do is use the remakes license and it is golden.

No they might not be. It was unappealed for unknown reasons as of now.
    The company (horror inc) might appeal again and likely will. Which would make Jason impossible for years if it does.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

Would it be breaking any copyright laws to just give the trapper a hockey mask? Trapper is effectively Jason after all.

• Eletrikk
    Eletrikk Member Posts: 16

Isnt jason a knock off of Michael Mayers?

• RabidWabbitz

@SpacingLlamas said:

@RabidWabbitz said:

@VolantConch1719 said:

The company (horror inc) might appeal again and likely will. Which would make Jason impossible for years if it does.

Once again it all depends on which licenses are affected. the reason that the game was affected with this lawsuit is because it had all of the Jason licenses tied up in it minus the remake and Jason X of course. So lets say that it is the original license that includes Jason's mother and baghead Jason is the one that is question well that leaves the other Jason's open for others use as long as the original owner of those licenses agrees to it's use. So therefore Jason can be used in other games with no problem.

• @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:
    Would it be breaking any copyright laws to just give the trapper a hockey mask? Trapper is effectively Jason after all.

Yes I think so

• SpacingLlamas
    SpacingLlamas Member Posts: 602

@RabidWabbitz said:

@SpacingLlamas said:

@RabidWabbitz said:

@VolantConch1719 said:

Once again it all depends on which licenses are affected. the reason that the game was affected with this lawsuit is because it had all of the Jason licenses tied up in it minus the remake and Jason X of course. So lets say that it is the original license that includes Jason's mother and baghead Jason is the one that is question well that leaves the other Jason's open for others use as long as the original owner of those licenses agrees to it's use. So therefore Jason can be used in other games with no problem.

The entire F13 license is affected by it. Not just a specific movie or jason, though the main problems is with the original first movie it's all being affected regardless.

• RabidWabbitz

@SpacingLlamas said:

@RabidWabbitz said:

@SpacingLlamas said:

@RabidWabbitz said:

@VolantConch1719 said:

The entire F13 license is affected by it. Not just a specific movie or jason, though the main problems is with the original first movie it's all being affected regardless.

if you say so. but everything that I have read has been specifically been tied around the first movie. as Remakes are independent of their predecessors then it would not be affected.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I’ll just say this again, trapper was their take on Jason.

• TwistedSegaGamer
    TwistedSegaGamer Member Posts: 109

Let me explain something even after the lawsuit is settled. A lot of things will need to be organized. Some of which will take years to do.

Also considering so many people compare F13 to Dead by Daylight. I can see a lot of mix reactions coming with that. Not only that Why do we even need Jason?

I get it no one has killed more people among slashers than him. But he also has his own game with some similarities to DBD.

We already got The Trapper whose clearly inspired by him. We also got one of his inspirations Michael Myers too. I felt we got the next best choice in that regard.

In a way it would make sense since some of these licensed characters cross over before. At the same time I don't feel Jason belongs here.

• LCGaster

@TwistedSegaGamer

Ok buddy.

1. The F13 game is done. They got in trouble with the license holders, killing the game.
    2. Hillbilly was inspired by Leatherface, and guess what, we have Leatherface now.
    3. This post was made in February, why are you commenting on this now?
  • TwistedSegaGamer

First off, it likely is done with a final version already in stores.

Second I'm well aware about this. I do prefer playing as The Hillbilly.

You also could've used The Legion & Ghostface comparison.

I'm still new here I apologize if you mine I give my two cents on it.

• LCGaster

@TwistedSegaGamer

It's ok buddy.

If you want people to know that you replied to them you need to @ them unless they are the ones who made the post.

And F13 had a physical version in the stores long before it died.

(With "Done" I meant it was no more)

• TwistedSegaGamer

Obviously lol at least we got that clear.

• Komotez
    Komotez Member Posts: 14

If the licensing issues were nonexistent, what would his power be?

Jasons whole schtick is that he's unkillable, which wouldn't translate well to DbD since we don't fight the killers.

I mean he kind of stalks too, but Myers already has that down, and Ghostface is coming out with his own unique spin on stalking,

I'm just struggling to think how he could even be incorporated into the game effectively.

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

I don’t see what his power would be though. He would probably have a low terror radius like Myers and stalk like Myers. Possibly have an exposed effect somehow like Myers/Ghostface.

There isn’t much he can do. He is a tall imposing stalker like Myers. I don’t wanna see Myers/Ghostface 2.0 or Trapper 2.0.

Plus I doubt BHVR would want to get themselves involved in the lawsuit situation. If they did happen to put in Jason it won’t be for a while and it’ll probably be the remake. I don’t mind Jason down the road but I don’t see a purpose when he brings nothing new.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238
    edited May 2019
  • Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238

never lose hope, is what the entity wants

• Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

jason in this game wont happend unless dbd really want him in the game but its wierd pamela could work but jason i dont really know

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059

What would Jason's power be anyway? I didn't watch the films :P