The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Ds Change things to consider

Zagrid
Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000
First off I am surprised that this change is not coming right now to the live game, we have waited long enough for a change and anything would be better than the current version. 

2nd, problems I can see people complaining about. This still does not address the issue of multiple people being able to use the perk and at high ranks the very existence of this perk removes tunneling as a strat, this is bad for killers but good for survivors. However, the real try hards will still tunnel, they will just inact another strat that is frowned upon, slugging. Last complaint I can see is he skill check being easier. We don’t know how much easier but if it even the size of Overcharge 1 or 2 it may be too easy to use.

The good parts that I like about this perk is that it has counterplay, however if you are at high ranks and are getting tunneled off hook just be prepared to be eating the dirt for about 1 min. The perk is more of a safety net for survivors that hate getting tunneled and punishes the killer for being too quick to pick someone up. 

Lastly I have a few questions of interactions within the game now, first thing is Dying Light. If one obsession dies then another one is created would the slow stack? I don’t think this would be too broken as the likelyhood of getting 2 Dying Light procs in 1 game would be extremely unlikely. Other one would be if someone has sole survivor or object of obsession would they lose the bonuses of the perk if a new obsession was created?

Last bit I want to add, the wording of the perk is a little weird but I think it can be reused now. I kinda doubt a killer would let themselves get Desisive Striked 8 times but the fact it could happen given if the killer is extremely stupid makes me laugh.

If any devs or mods can answer the questions about the other obsession perks I mentioned that would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• LiquidLink1988
    LiquidLink1988 Member Posts: 137

@Zagrid The perk can only be used ONCE per survivor.

Also, I agree with most everything you said. I think it would be better if they increase the timer

• You can still only use it once per match, just like before and it is also still used up if you fail the skill check.

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000

You can still only use it once per match, just like before and it is also still used up if you fail the skill check.

With the skill check being easier I doubt people who have used it in the past will miss the skill check. But I do feel like this needs testing, some people are calling it a buff, others a nerf. I will classify it as a nerf as now the perk has counter play put into it.
  • not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114

Right now our Community team is gathering feedback and questions on the DS changes. We need to run it by the Designers and will hopefully be able to answer most of them tomorrow.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

@not_Queen said:
    Right now our Community team is gathering feedback and questions on the DS changes. We need to run it by the Designers and will hopefully be able to answer most of them tomorrow.

I know it's unlikely to happen in many games, but Rancor having the potential to be used more than once per game sounds amazing.

Please do not let them nerf this.

• HeHeBoii
    HeHeBoii Member Posts: 507

@not_Queen said:

Can't wait to have SWF teams using it particularly when the exit gates are opened with Adrenaline, Borrowed Time, and DS. Or a survivor prolonging a chase to about 30 seconds and purposefully going down to continue another chase.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

@not_Queen said:

I have question about the second perk of Laurie: Object of obsession. One of the developer said that the object of obsession will changed in the future, since you can sit in the locker with this perk. Is this still current?

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

I am also very confused about Dying Light and Remember Me. The killer kills the Obsession so everything goes in their favour and then suddenly, a living survivor becomes the Obesession so that Dying Light is deactived and they can open the exit gate without the Remember Me penalty?

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    edited February 2019
    Obviously a change in obsession is not going to remove Remember Me tokens. Come on.

And DL will likely remain active once any obsession is killed. 
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

@HeHeBoii said:

@not_Queen said:

Can't wait to have SWF teams using it particularly when the exit gates are opened with Adrenaline, Borrowed Time, and DS. Or a** survivor prolonging a chase to about 30 seconds and purposefully going down to continue another chase. **

That's the only thing that worries me, which is why I think 60 seconds is too generous.

40 is enough, if you haven't been hit by that point then the killer is likely chasing someone else anyway.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

@brokedownpalace said:
    Obviously a change in obsession is not going to remove Remember Me tokens. Come on.

It's actually a buff to Remember me, since the survivors can change the obsession for each other. So this would allow you to get more hits on the obsessions.

• xerav
    xerav Member Posts: 392

The biggest Problem of Old DS was the start of the game:
    As a killer you invest your time vs 4 other survivors (so if you chase 1 dude both of you are stuck in a chase while 3 other survivors can focus on gen rushing). So you rly need to hook a dude so they have to send someone to unhook and you can focus on another person. Atm if your first surivor has DS you still have to go for him and the survivor team can continue gen rep with 3 guys which means you most likely lose the game. With new DS you dont have this problem early when its most important and it also makes tunneling less attractive.

• HeHeBoii
    HeHeBoii Member Posts: 507

@The_Crusader said:

@HeHeBoii said:

@not_Queen said:

Can't wait to have SWF teams using it particularly when the exit gates are opened with Adrenaline, Borrowed Time, and DS. Or a** survivor prolonging a chase to about 30 seconds and purposefully going down to continue another chase. **

That's the only thing that worries me, which is why I think 60 seconds is too generous.

40 is enough, if you haven't been hit by that point then the killer is likely chasing someone else anyway.

Yea mate, like people gonna rush unhook as well. Especially the Swf teams. Not to mention potentially a case where someone would use "We'll Make It" and then you pretty much screwed there too.

• Meme
    Meme Member Posts: 275

@not_Queen said:

I know this may seem off topic but Will we get any info on the freddy changes? It's been a while since we last heard about anything and you guys have said in the past that you guys are testing it out.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Ihatelife said:

@brokedownpalace said:

It's actually a buff to Remember me, since the survivors can change the obsession for each other. So this would allow you to get more hits on the obsessions.

No, Remember Me has a cap.
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    Ihatelife said:

@brokedownpalace said:

No, Remember Me has a cap.
    Yes, but if the obsession DCs or dies and you have like 2 tokens once the obsession changes you will be able to get more tokens.
  • Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533

@HeHeBoii said:

@not_Queen said:

More like 30 to 40 max
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Go check the news post, it was pretty clear how obsession perks will work when there is a target change. Dl deactivates till you kill the new one and stacking effects remain, same rules, new target.
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Once the DS is used or missed, the perk becomes unusable. That's a totally of 4 DS hits per game at MAX.

I for one think the duration to be able to use it is too long. I can hook someone, make it across the map to down someone new, hook them, come back and run into the same guy again to get hit with the DS still. That isn't tunneling but I'm still getting punished. 60 seconds is very long for that circumstance. Should be 40 seconds. That still makes it an anti tunnel perk, but not a 1 minute immunity perk.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited February 2019

@Ihatelife said:

@brokedownpalace said:

Hardly. It's still only 1 target to hit at a time. You only weren't getting max stacks from one if you tunneled the hell out of him. If anything it's a nerf because now even if you kill the obsession after getting your stacks a new obsession could still come up and open the gates unaffected by the perk.

• Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533
    Zagrid said:
    First off I am surprised that this change is not coming right now to the live game, we have waited long enough for a change and anything would be better than the current version. 

2nd, problems I can see people complaining about. This still does not address the issue of multiple people being able to use the perk and at high ranks the very existence of this perk removes tunneling as a strat, this is bad for killers but good for survivors. However, the real try hards will still tunnel, they will just inact another strat that is frowned upon, slugging. Last complaint I can see is he skill check being easier. We don’t know how much easier but if it even the size of Overcharge 1 or 2 it may be too easy to use.

The good parts that I like about this perk is that it has counterplay, however if you are at high ranks and are getting tunneled off hook just be prepared to be eating the dirt for about 1 min. The perk is more of a safety net for survivors that hate getting tunneled and punishes the killer for being too quick to pick someone up. 

Lastly I have a few questions of interactions within the game now, first thing is Dying Light. If one obsession dies then another one is created would the slow stack? I don’t think this would be too broken as the likelyhood of getting 2 Dying Light procs in 1 game would be extremely unlikely. Other one would be if someone has sole survivor or object of obsession would they lose the bonuses of the perk if a new obsession was created?

Last bit I want to add, the wording of the perk is a little weird but I think it can be reused now. I kinda doubt a killer would let themselves get Desisive Striked 8 times but the fact it could happen given if the killer is extremely stupid makes me laugh.

If any devs or mods can answer the questions about the other obsession perks I mentioned that would be greatly appreciated.

Then the skill check should just either stay the same or be able to have effects work on ds like docs madness to make it appear in different parts of the screen it would be a good counter and make doc a lil better
  • No1TheLarch
    No1TheLarch Member Posts: 221

@Zagrid said:

Good, As a person who plays killer and Survivor, Tunneling is super unfun and should be discouraged and nerfed. If you dont understand why its such a bad thing perhaps you ought to play survivor upto rank 10. youll see.