Question About D-Strike

HatCreature
HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

So with the new change, if 4 Survivors have DS does that mean they can all still use it and the Obsession can potentially change between all Survivors?

Say I use it and I become the Obsession, then my buddy uses it do they become the new Obsession? I know the original D-Strike was different if you weren't the Obsession but that also seems to have been taken away.

Comments

• not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114

You read right. That's how the future changes to DS works. Obsession is now jumping from a survivor to another after they use DS.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    To my understanding, that is indeed how it will work.
  • Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Yep the obsession now jumps between whoever used DS last.

I assume they'll have to rework Obsession perks now. Like how is Rancor and Dying light going to work?

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,840

Ask here as well as anywhere.

So if you get unhooked and you now have 60 seconds to use D strike. What if the killer just tunnels you and waits to pick you up?

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

@ASurvkillivorer said:

So if you get unhooked and you now have 60 seconds to use D strike. What if the killer just tunnels you and waits to pick you up?

Then you don't get to use it. It has a counter now!

• TreblucFayle
    TreblucFayle Member Posts: 75

I think it's really cool that being flagged as the obsession is able to change mid-match now. Wonder how that mechanic can be used with future killers/ perks.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

@not_Queen I also have a question just for clarification. New DS activates after every hook right ? Like if I was hooked once and then the timer runs out and I get hooked and unhooked again can I still use DS or is it only for the first unhooking ? I would assume that it's for every unhhook but I'd like ot be sure.

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

@not_Queen said:
    You read right. That's how the future changes to DS works. Obsession is now jumping from a survivor to another after they use DS.

So you turned killers getting angry at ds users into a game mechanic.

Meta af

• HatCreature

@not_Queen said:

Thanks, I'm excited for future Obsession perks that could potentially have this mechanic. I'm really excited for this change, I'll actually use the perk now.

• holywhitetrash
    holywhitetrash Member Posts: 289

this change seems like a nerf to every killer obsession perk (except rancor), maxed out your stacks of "save the best for last" and get the obsession dead... and now there is a new obsession

also now every survivor can Dstrike twice

• ASurvkillivorer

@DexyIV said:

@ASurvkillivorer said:

But it no longer has an indication? So in a way it could be a better perk to use as a group now? IDK....

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

Very questionable timing. New killer confirmed to have an obsession perk? one that even takes advantage of a changing obsession?

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

@holywhitetrash said:
    this change seems like a nerf to every killer obsession perk (except rancor), maxed out your stacks of "save the best for last" and get the obsession dead... and now there is a new obsession

Potentially big buff to Judith's Journal, though. Imagine getting D-striked, tanking most of the stun with Endurance, being able to rapidly build Evil Within with Judith's Journal since that player is now the Obsession, and then finishing them off with Tombstone Piece. If multiple people have Decisive Strike, that's multiple chances to take advantage of the increased stalk speed.

• Captain_Spaulding
    Captain_Spaulding Member Posts: 587

@not_Queen said:

Okay but nobody has explained whats going to happen to STBFL or Dying light. I use Dying Light frequently and now you're telling me the effect is gone as soon as someone not dead uses DS? I'm kinda mad about that.

• ASurvkillivorer

@Captain_Spaulding said:

@not_Queen said:

Okay but nobody has explained whats going to happen to STBFL or Dying light. I use Dying Light frequently and now you're telling me the effect is gone as soon as someone not dead uses DS? I'm kinda mad about that.

Will be pretty surprised if that is ACTUALLY how it plays out. Use DS and escape the killer....undo one of his perks. We will see when it happens.

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

@ASurvkillivorer said:

@DexyIV said:

@ASurvkillivorer said:

But it no longer has an indication? So in a way it could be a better perk to use as a group now? IDK....

Using it in groups isn't any different. You couldn't tell if more than one person had it. The only difference now is you can't tell if one person uses it. Thing is though, you can avoid the effects of it by simply not tunneling one survivor.

• HatCreature

@Captain_Spaulding said:

@not_Queen said:

So it says One Obsession per match, I'm thinking if you've ALREADY killed the Obsession and the perk procs I'm pretty sure it won't deactivate if someone uses D-Strike, that makes no sense to deactivate your perk.

This is a buff to STBFL and PWYF because you can kill your Obsession and not use those perks anymore but then bam you get a new one and can get stacks again. Of course in some situations that can be a downside.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@TAG said:

@holywhitetrash said:

Potentially big buff to Judith's Journal, though. Imagine getting D-striked, tanking most of the stun with Endurance, being able to rapidly build Evil Within with Judith's Journal since that player is now the Obsession, and then finishing them off with Tombstone Piece. If multiple people have Decisive Strike, that's multiple chances to take advantage of the increased stalk speed.

Interesting, havent thought about that.
    Im gonna spend my last myers addons right now and P3 him (just in case :smile: ), was overdue anyway^^

• Jarmariel
    Jarmariel Member Posts: 1
    Are we be able to use DS twice since now? The description only describes we can use it after be unhooked.
  • Savir99
    Savir99 Member Posts: 7

So i DO have One question. How Does a changing obs. work with one already dead? (Don't Forget Dying Light is a thing)

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Jarmariel said:
    Are we be able to use DS twice since now? The description only describes we can use it after be unhooked.

No it deactivates after the first try

• Hex_Flex
    Hex_Flex Member Posts: 132

If i tombstone somebody who is already my obsession as myers, and i get DS'd later on, how will this affect Dying Light. Will they acquire the increased altruism action speed still?

If i tunnel off hook, can i just leave them on the ground for 60 seconds to wait out the 1 minute timer, or does the perk become "active" once they go down within 60 seconds of an unhook, and they can use it whenever they get picked up, even if on the ground for 90 seconds.