The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

How to deal with lag switch accusations

BubbasBigOlBasement
BubbasBigOlBasement Member Posts: 6
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

If something like that happens what do you do? In game do you just stand still when you see a survivor lagging, even if you don't know if its your fault? Cause I am not trying to be toxic, but I am not trying to lose either.

Comments

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Ignore it. Devs won´t do much about it, and when dedicated Servers come, its not an issue anymore.

I was accused of lagswitching too, but its usually the survivor that has a bad connection to you, but no technical know how to determine the cause.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@BubbasBigOlBasement said:
    If something like that happens what do you do? In game do you just stand still when you see a survivor lagging, even if you don't know if its your fault? Cause I am not trying to be toxic, but I am not trying to lose either.

Just ignore it, Ive been blamed for laggswitchign since 2016 and so far, nothing has happened.
    The survivors usually dont realize that their own connection is a hot mess, for example because they use wifi, sister watches netflix etc etc

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited February 2019

"lag Switching" isn't even really much of a thing. 99% of the time that people are screaming about lag switching it's just normal lag.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790
    edited February 2019

@BubbasBigOlBasement said:

Before the next trial, power cycle my modem, computer and especially router to refresh my connectivity. If one is consistently lagging then they need to at least try to do something about it. It's rude to host under that condition. I don't host a trial if someone's ping is high, consistently deep in the red - it's the only reason I'll dodge.