Everyone here is gay.

2»

Comments

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Orion said:

@Bravo0413 said:
    During that time it was like the killers that still played were going to war whenever they queued up... 

I was there, 3000 years ago...

:O 
  • preetygoodforumsofar
    preetygoodforumsofar Member Posts: 81
    edited February 2019

@nararatu said:
    I have to disagree. It's just how it's supposed to be. Doesn't matter if you're picking someone up or if you already picked them up, if someone throws a pallet on you, you should feel it. Not teleport without any scratches.

they tried already
    and it turn out to be disaster lol
    git gud

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

What rank are you? Timing is important for balance. I see plenty of people who have no issues going for pallet stuns. Just because you're impatient, doesn't mean it should change. Not everything is a handout. Work for it.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523
    It's because the killer is currently in another animation and cannot drop them until the animation is finished, but currently the game does not queue stuns. This was tested at one point but it ended up being too much at the time due to flashlight saves. Flashlights at the time were able to blind the killer instantly, had a wider blind angle, and the pickup animation was longer. That made it way too easy to sprint in and get a save.

I feel like it could probably work these days. With the shorter animation and weaker flashlights that bit wouldn't be much of an issue. You can completely avoid flashlights now. Picking up a survivor in a pallet without making sure it's safe is a risk and I would agree that you shouldn't have to have frame perfect timing to pull it off, that's unintuitive.
  • IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

I like when a survivor don't know this and waste a pallet trying to save a mate... xD

• Maj33y
    Maj33y Member Posts: 236
    edited February 2019
    Put this scenario in Real life .. Three people one Role Playing as the killer , a Dying survivor and the rescuer .. have the killer Pick up the Dying Survivor and the rescuer Smack them with a wooden plank and let's See what happens .. 😂 if the guy Roleplaying as killer isn't affected then this is not BS .. if they do .. THEN ..this is just one of the many Crappy things on killer side in this game . 

Someone go and do this experience 👍🏼
  • nararatu
    nararatu Member Posts: 35

@IamFran said:
    I like when a survivor don't know this and waste a pallet trying to save a mate... xD

exactly what happened to me.

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

@nararatu said:
    I have to disagree. It's just how it's supposed to be. Doesn't matter if you're picking someone up or if you already picked them up, if someone throws a pallet on you, you should feel it. Not teleport without any scratches.

That would be unbalanced, but hey that's realistic.. any real life killer if you drop a pallet on him while carrying a survivor he's just gonna stop and cry lol

• Arroz

@Boss said:
    Oh, you want this? (Skip to 10:08 to see what i mean.)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnwdPlx9yR4

Thanks god I didn't play in 1.9.2 that patch WAS THE WORSE ONE for both sides... btw i joined in march (I dont remember so good)

• nararatu

@Maj33y said:
    Put this scenario in Real life .. Three people one Role Playing as the killer , a Dying survivor and the rescuer .. have the killer Pick up the Dying Survivor and the rescuer Smack them with a wooden plank and let's See what happens .. 😂 if the guy Roleplaying as killer isn't affected then this is not BS .. if they do .. THEN ..this is just one of the many Crappy things on killer side in this game . 

reasonable person> @Bravo0413 said:

Boss said:

@Bravo0413 said:

If we wanna talk logic!...

If we're talking logic, Killers shouldn't drop Survivors just cause they got blinded. :)

This too /\ it would be natural reaction for the killer to hold on to the survivors tighter xD

Nah bruh, that's bullsh*t. When a killer gets blinded he puts the hands to cover his eyes in order to not be blinded even more (it hurts his eyes), that's why it does makes sense to drop the survivor when blinded.

also LOL these adms blocked my account here haha what a bunch of SJW pussies

• Arroz

@Peanits said:
    It's because the killer is currently in another animation and cannot drop them until the animation is finished, but currently the game does not queue stuns. This was tested at one point but it ended up being too much at the time due to flashlight saves. Flashlights at the time were able to blind the killer instantly, had a wider blind angle, and the pickup animation was longer. That made it way too easy to sprint in and get a save.

I feel like it could probably work these days. With the shorter animation and weaker flashlights that bit wouldn't be much of an issue. You can completely avoid flashlights now. Picking up a survivor in a pallet without making sure it's safe is a risk and I would agree that you shouldn't have to have frame perfect timing to pull it off, that's unintuitive.

Like, when there are 2 second left for the animation end you can pallet save the killer I mean the pick up animation is 3 seconds, when there only be 2 seconds left if you drop the pallet on the killer Immediately the killer drop the survivors.
    Btw i would like a buff for trapper, when survivor steps in a trap they are Hindered for X seconds, some addons can increase the seconds of the survivor is hindered. BUT this only happens when yourself free of the trap, a very rare addon can make that in any situation you will have the hindered state and increase the status seconds..
    This would make the game more realistic and rewards the change to pallets save

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    nararatu said:

@Maj33y said:

Boss said:

@Bravo0413 said:

If we're talking logic, Killers shouldn't drop Survivors just cause they got blinded. :)

This too /\ it would be natural reaction for the killer to hold on to the survivors tighter xD

Nah bruh, that's bullsh*t. When a killer gets blinded he puts the hands to cover his eyes in order to not be blinded even more (it hurts his eyes), that's why it does makes sense to drop the survivor when blinded.

killers have 2 hands 
    also if you want to go by “logic” killers would have a massive advantage 
  • Bravo0413
    nararatu said:

@Maj33y said:

Boss said:

@Bravo0413 said:

If you wanna know the lore reason why killers drop survivors when blinded its because the entity is watching through the killers eyes (this is why there is a red glow infront of the killer) and the entity is weak to light... 
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@nararatu said:

@Maj33y said:

Boss said:

@Bravo0413 said:

I'd continue to argue, but considering you're jailed, i can only guess trying to keep this civil will only end in failure.

P.S. Did you know eyelids do a better job at covering your eyes than your hands?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@Arroz said:

@Boss said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnwdPlx9yR4

Thanks god I didn't play in 1.9.2 that patch WAS THE WORSE ONE for both sides... btw i joined in march (I dont remember so good)

Yup.
    Never again.

• Bravo0413
    Arroz said:

@Boss said:

I started playing right when 1.9.2 hit..... man was it the biggest welcome to a game 
  • TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    edited February 2019
    Personally, I think pallets should be able to stun the killer and interrupt the pickup animation at any time during it. Flashlights are more debateable on that, but pallet stunning should be more about position than timing (in my opinion)

However, pallet hitboxes are absurd. I have been stunned by a pallet so many times when I wasn't even within range of having the prompt to break it once I stood back up. A solid 3 feet away and still get stunned. 
  • nararatu

@Boss said:

@nararatu said:

@Maj33y said:

Boss said:

@Bravo0413 said:

I'd continue to argue, but considering you're jailed, i can only guess trying to keep this civil will only end in failure.

P.S. Did you know eyelids do a better job at covering your eyes than your hands?

have you ever tried going outside of your bedroom and looking directly into the sun with only your eyelids closed?

This discussion has been closed.