Do you feel like the devs are corralling killers into playing the way survivors deem "fair?"

Options
2»

Comments

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    Options

They can try to make me play "fair". I don't care about bloodpoints or rank, they will have to send electroshocks through my mouse to make me stop tunneling or camping.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,665
    Options

This topic has aged well.

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

We all want the game to be fair for everyone. The potential is so great, but if game after game is lousy, unsatisfying and unfun, people will leave. We don't want that. We want more players, not less. We want the game to be successful, and fun most of the time. Like with sports, you're (hopefully) having a good time, even if your team is losing. Because you're still trying, still fighting the other team. If people are making the game miserable for others, players will leave, and the game will die.

I'm not suggesting to tip the balance toward survivor, in fact I think it should be the opposite. Disregarding SWF I think the survivors' game should be tense, exhilarating, and downright frightening in regards to a scary, immortal killer they can't fight and can only flee and hide. However it should be done with a system in place to give them a chance. With camping, tunneling, and teammate farming, there is no chance. Even Tag has rules. Now you can engage in this behavior if you want, no one can stop you, but it shouldn't allow you to rank up easily, and for everyone's benefit I don't believe anyone should work toward getting people to leave the game, survivors included. Constant griefing of the killers who can't hit you beyond a pallet isn't helping. Try playing from the other side to see what it's like at a decent rank sometime.

There's a person on the other side of the screen. Please behave with respect and dignity, even when winning. We're all in this together, and we need to support the game and not sabotage its future. Perks can help sway things to a better place, but they shouldn't be more than band-aids. I'm working on some ideas but that's a topic for another time. Thanks for reading =)

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,665
    Options

Keeping people that grief in the lower ranks allows them to simultaneously grief and farm easy BP.

It's win-win for them.