Did the Doctor enjoy what he was doing before the Entity took him?

Options
AWeeLittleFox
AWeeLittleFox Member Posts: 8

So there's a debate between me and another person currently going on offsite where they're saying Herman wasn't evil and was manipulated into everything he did, but based on the lore I read, unless I just can't read, he himself did some of the more horrific things of his own volition, and wasn't manipulated or forced into them.
The person is also stating that he looks the way he does because he resisted the Entity so much, but my theory is that he looks that was because of what he did to Stamper.

Could anyone give some clarity on all this?

Comments

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited February 2019
    Options

If he didn't he wouldn't have killed the prisoners he interrogated and his own staff. Doctor's a workaholic.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

A little bit of column A and B. He could have enjoyed what he was doing, however he might not have liked doing it against his own terms.

It was confirmed that the Entity did punish the Doctor for something, since, and I quote (kinda):

"They are (killers) not responsible for the unpleasant things that happen to them."

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Yes, absolutely.

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    Options
    Probably.
  • Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    Options

Prisoners begged to not be sent to his office. So yes, i think from that alone the dude was having a little too much fun, i mean, some say that he gets off on it. Which one can only imagine what kind of sick pleasures the man is into.