A bit of disappointment

I was think so long about the new stuff in the big updates like right now, we all are waiting the new killer, her perks and ability. Someone probably is thinking about the map and getting hype if the map has some new mechanics or lore.

But the point that i'm aiming is, new survivors are nonsense, nobody really expect so much from them, maybe a women or a man, some aesthetics and lore, but thats all, we all expect the new killer, they change the meta game. At the same time survivors are just a new cosmetic that you can farm till p3, or a new cosmetic for your survivor games.

That's make me sad, there is no point on keep doing new survivors, just make more skins, and make a pool for the new perks and move on.
Nothing would make me more happy than each survivor were unique, as same as killers that each one have their own power or passive, so we can have hype for everything new thats arrive.
New survivors right now just slows their work, without useless and pointless survivor they could finish other project.
I dont know what you think guys but thats my point about this stuff.

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Yes, killers are the bread and butter of DbD. The problem with making survivors unique is that either you buff them by giving them new abilities, which they don't need and would just lead to a new meta of only playing one or two survivors, or you nerf them by making their teachables less impactful on different survivors or whatever, which would lead to a massive shitstorm since you'd have to do the same to killers and would still lead to a new meta of only playing one or two survivors.

Bottom line, survivors are skins because that's how the game was designed. You can't change it now, after three years.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@BlackReaper said:
    I was think so long about the new stuff in the big updates like right now, we all are waiting the new killer, her perks and ability. Someone probably is thinking about the map and getting hype if the map has some new mechanics or lore.

But the point that i'm aiming is, new survivors are nonsense, nobody really expect so much from them, maybe a women or a man, some aesthetics and lore, but thats all, we all expect the new killer, they change the meta game. At the same time survivors are just a new cosmetic that you can farm till p3, or a new cosmetic for your survivor games.

That's make me sad, there is no point on keep doing new survivors, just make more skins, and make a pool for the new perks and move on.
    Nothing would make me more happy than each survivor were unique, as same as killers that each one have their own power or passive, so we can have hype for everything new thats arrive.
    New survivors right now just slows their work, without useless and pointless survivor they could finish other project.
    I dont know what you think guys but thats my point about this stuff.

Sure, in an ideal world we would ahve unique powers or disadvantages to survivors. However, BHVR is even struggling balancing the stuff we have now, just look at the power-difference of killers like nurse/freddy, its insane. Now imagine if different survivors were imbalanced aswell AND add on top of that the general unbalance of SWF/solo etc.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    I’m fine with the way survivors are and getting new ones, in a way they are unique. They all have their perks and looks based off their Lore. I mean sure you can put any perk on them, but they all have their own personality.