Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Mount Ormond Resort

Comments

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@KiraElijah

* Peasant will remember that.

• Peasant

@KiraElijah If they ever nerf Hillbilly, you know I'm coming back for your comments.

• Peasant
    edited April 2019

Aw man, now that I have actually slept on the changes I can see that they really aren't that bad.

Each of the changes that concerned me were done simply to counter exploiters.

That "drain all frenzy on a miss"? Done to counter the swing spammers.

The "can't use frenzy unless the bar is full" was done so that pallets stuns actually mean something.

The "Frenzy hits don't drain Deep Wounds by default" was done to counter the garbage Legion's who could only get downs by tunnelling one sorry survivor with an easy to use obstacle ignoring power.

Lastly the "Deep Wounds" doesn't drain within the TR was done to counter moonwalkers.

So sure, some of our Frenzy's power got nerfed but it was out of necessity.

To compromise for the changes we got our base movement speed buffed and now the Iridescent Button will be a very useful add-on. Just bait a drop then frenzy vault.

It took some time to really think about the effects, but it's honestly not that bad.

I think Legion might be solid high mid-tier or low high-tier after this. They're a 115% speed killer that has the potential to shave the first 20 seconds off of a chase.

Overall it's a pretty good job so far.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

@Peasant I don't mind the changes. But to completely deplete the entire power is absurd. I'll honestly be happy with a % reduction to a missed hit, not a straight up 'I got a heart attack cause I can't hit people'.

Everything else (Besides DW nerf and BT buff) I can agree with, for balance purpose.

• Peasant
    edited April 2019

@Shad03 Well regardless I'd recommend that you consider practicing Legion and deliberately cancel Frenzy after you miss. The PTB may not be out, but we can attempt to simulate the upcoming phenomenons. Just count to 14 or

"The recharge time of Feral Frenzy is increased."

Darn.

• Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

So i've looked at the legion planned changes, so far i like some ideas, but a huge majority of the change are pure garbage, if it makes it to live it's going to be even worse than current Freddy, even lower tier than him.

• Peasant
    edited April 2019

Okay guys, I've been thinking about bringing Insidious Legion back from the dead and I wanted some opinions:

Should I just play the game normally and then randomly start camping progressed generators (not finished generators, generators that survivors will come back to) and hooked survivors?

Or

Should I deliberately stand somewhere in the open with Insidious looking straight down and act like I'm AFK before spinning around and charging at whoever I heard get too close with Feral Frenzy? (I'd also later repeat this process of standing out and looking down while also randomly camping stuff.)

• Plu
    edited April 2019

Yes, they buffed his movement speed and nerfed his power just so people who stop whining about said power since you won't really need to use it anymore

• Shad03

@Peasant The first option would only work in A) Enclosed spaces or B) If you are willing to allow gens to be done.

The second sounds hilarious. Honestly I want Insidious to be buffed so it gives aura reading, and thus being viable for ambush plays.

• Peasant
    edited April 2019

@Shad03 Well to be fair I actually have managed to scare the piss out of some Ace in the Garage on Gas Heaven (fear the truck) with the first strategy.

I really feel like the second strategy would work wonders on the Plague's map.

You walk into a grand temple structure, isolated and alone, and then you see him.

A hooded man with a bloody knife staring at the floor, perhaps praying?

As you cautiously approach he suddenly spins around and charges at you with his knife raised and his breath heavy.

You desperately flee but it's no use and as he closes the gap you feel a sharp pain as his blade cuts through your very resolve.

Fearful of more punishment you keep running until you look back and realize, the man is gone.

You almost think that it was a trick of the light when your cut begins to sting.

A phantom roams these woods, beware his fury.

Also who needs auras when you can get Whispers and Surveillance?

• Shad03

@Peasant I always wanted to use Insidious as a combat perk, but I could never use it correctly. I am terrible at thinking two steps ahead.

• Peasant

@Shad03 Well Insidious is actually a counter to Jungle Gyms entirely if used correctly. Just find a corner and try to hide your stain for 2 seconds. Suddenly the killer has no Terror radius and no red stain. You could be waiting at any part of that gym and now they don't know where.

Also the secret to Insidious Legion is to understand your height. Most killers have the camera closer to the mouth/neck area so if you can guess where your head would stick out you can hide behind unexpected obstacles, like the Truck in the Gas Heaven garage, or the central prop of the Wretched Shop.

Sure you can't see most auras with Insidious by default, but you can hear things. Listen for footsteps or repair sounds or unhook noises. Or use perks like Whispers to let you now when to be patient. Surveillance is really good for generator camping though as it opens up new doors. Take the Haddonfield or Badham houses for example. You can kick a very progressed generator to give it a white aura and chase the survivors out. Then hide in one room over and be patient. Once the aura turns yellow it's Frenzy Time!

• Shad03

@Peasant Ah. I see. Unfortunately, much like the group of delinquents, patience isn't entirely my thing. I will try though.

• Peasant

@Shad03 That's the thing though, you NEED Insidious to be at tier III before you try anything serious with it. Otherwise it takes too long to set up.

It also has a lot of gut to it. You have to guess whether or not folks will even show up. You could wait in a corner by a generator all game and have nobody ever touch that generator. Or you could just get Insidious active and have someone wander in seconds later.

• Plu

The only uses i've ever had of Insidious is on Freddy to get some tasty mindgames, on Legion i don't find it as good because you can't see auras and need to keep the pressure on.

• Chaotic_Riddle
    Chaotic_Riddle Member Posts: 1,953

Almost at 1,000 posts! ;0

• Shad03

So close, yet so far.

• Chaotic_Riddle

Today’s my birthday today, y’all! ❤️🎉

• Peasant

@Chaotic_Riddle Happy Birthday!

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@Chaotic_Riddle happy birthday!!!

• Shad03

@Chaotic_Riddle Ayyyyyyyeeeee Happy Birthday!

• Chaotic_Riddle

@Peasant @TreemanXD @Shad03 Thanks you guys! <3

• Peasant

@Chaotic_Riddle No problem!

• Plu

Happy birthday ! @Chaotic_Riddle

• Chaotic_Riddle

@Plu ❤️

• Peasant

@Chaotic_Riddle Since I can't actually give you anything through the internet alone even if I wanted to, have this picture of a Dead by Daylight themed birthday cake:

• Chaotic_Riddle

@Peasant Yummy! 😋

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176

@Chaotic_Riddle Happy day of birth! And many more!

• Shad03

@Peasant That picture of a cake sure seems real.

• Chaotic_Riddle
  • GrootDude

@Chaotic_Riddle you’re welcome

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457

@Chaotic_Riddle

Happy Birthday! 🎈🎂🎉🎊🎁

• Chaotic_Riddle

@Iceman Thanks, Icy <3

• shadowman0105
    shadowman0105 Member Posts: 261

Happy birthday day here’s some party streamers

• Chaotic_Riddle

@shadowman0105 Thanks, man. Can't wait to throw it around as I stab the survivors. <3

• Chaotic_Riddle

@Peasant Are you happy to see Quentin's Wake Up perk to finally be useful for the new End-Game content?? 👀

• GrootDude

I’m hoping they buff it a little bit since it only takes three seconds off of the gate.

• Peasant

@TreemanXD HEY! They buffed the auras across all tiers. Now I will always know where the exits are.

• GrootDude

@Peasant true, but I’m wondering how this change will affect solo players.

• Plu

i just wish they one day will fix Quentin face a little bit, they just need to fix his cheeks, they have a very weird shape

• Peasant

@Ihatelife I'm always happy to see another Legion on the forum! Though if it isn't too much to ask could you dial back the Legion pin usage? I swear I see it on every post you make nowadays.

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@Peasant @TreemanXD I'm super curious to see what they'll do with Left Behind. I hope it makes the perk good. x3

• GrootDude
  • Plu

Oh wow, the pin buffs are very interesting, this makes the rework more interesting in my eyes and could open alot of cool builds/strategies.

Frank mixtape is still useless tho, i mean after the rework ofc, they should change the effect for something else, 25% while not even being able to see how long it takes until DW targets gets downed from it is one of the biggest issue with it.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    edited April 2019

TIL that you can Mori Survivors while in Frenzy mode.

Was this common knowledge among you my fellow Legionnaires or is it news to y'all too? I just don't run Moris that often (ever) and I only learned about it because I had a slug in front of a hooked Survivor and started Mori'ing them while I was trying to attack a 3rd Survivor in Frenzy.

I absolutely agree about Frank's Mixtape. A 25% decrease to the timer is practically worthless because of the amount of ways there are for the Survivor to stop the timer from regressing and the lack of ways there are for the Legion to benefit from a reduced timer.

What I thought was really interesting was hearing that they are considering turning Mending into a Healing action. I really hope they go that route because it would give Legion some real power as an Anti-Healing Killer (imagine the pressure and slow down you could get from using Iridescent Button, Coulrophobia, Sloppy Butcher, and Thanatophobia together if they effect Mending as well as Healing).

• Plu

@TheRockstarKnight I rarely ever uses moris so I didn't know that, maybe it's just a bug?