The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Do the Devs Read These?

BigBadPiggy
BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

I'm just curious to know if the devs have gone to this part of the forum to get ideas from the community, or if this section is only for us to share our ideas with each other.

Comments

• mdg2018
    mdg2018 Member Posts: 153

I think its mainly for us to share ideas and hopes lol, unless they are doing a contest

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

@Janick said:
    I do

Apparently he does

• Tarvesh
    Tarvesh Member Posts: 765
    Janick said:

I do

Curious why we don’t see your opinion on what we come up with sometimes.
  • NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

@Tarvesh said:
    Janick said:

I do

Most devs don't state it normally. That is hardly unique to these guys

• Tarvesh

@Tarvesh said:
    Janick said:

I do

Most devs don't state it normally. That is hardly unique to these guys

It would still be cool to see what they thought about our designs.
  • Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@Janick said:
    I do

Irony intensifies XD

• Mockingbird_X
    Mockingbird_X Member Posts: 44

I would not be surprised if the devs are anonymously posting here as well, throwing their ideas around under unknown names before trying them ingame. (nah)

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

I'll be real here. I made at least 2 posts a while back asking for a hooded killer that can vault pallets that looks like a survivor.

Now the Legion roams the fog. Coincidence? Probably, but who knows?

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

@Peasant said:
    I'll be real here. I made at least 2 posts a while back asking for a hooded killer that can vault pallets that looks like a survivor.

Now the Legion roams the fog. Coincidence? Probably, but who knows?

I had an idea of a perk that breaks the hook when the survivor is unhooked. It wasn't quite the same, and tbh Breakdown is a lot better than my idea, but you can imagine I was pretty happy that I was even sorta close.

• Maelstrom1313
    Maelstrom1313 Member Posts: 230

I'm just curious to know if the devs have gone to this part of the forum to get ideas from the community, or if this section is only for us to share our ideas with each other.

They have before as they saw a fans trapper design on here an bought it off him what's now in the game
  • Janick
    Janick Dev Posts: 170

I would say that I see a lot of coincidence but it's meant to happen since there are so many ideas that are posted. A few of them will end up being very similar to upcoming content.

I mostly read this section to get inspired about perks and effect that players would like to see in the game. (and the reactions below; OP, it sucks, like it, can't work with...)

One comment I would say is that whenever you try to come up with a new perk or power concept, always keep in mind to avoid exception at all cost. Like a Perk that cannot work with another perk (I mean like literally saying 'You cannot equip this with NOED' for example) Whenever you put up an idea, try to refine it until it works with everything else in the game. IF it clashes with another effect, try to find a solution to make them work together.

Except that I like reading our community ideas, keep them going! Thanks!

• Tarvesh

We would love the occasional critique of our creations. Doesn’t even have to be anything detailed. Something you like or something you think would help balance them out would be cool.

Or maybe have a highlight creation of the week/month? Acknowledge the creative side of the community more and watch it flourish.

• Janick
    Janick Dev Posts: 170
    edited March 2019

Hello

That would be great indeed, but unfortunately that would take too much of our time (us, designers), not at the moment for sure. We are quite busy with new content and live updates.

• DeltaTMD
    DeltaTMD Member Posts: 71

That's something I can understand - with the new killer coming soon I can imagine you're all very busy with preparations. For the new killer update - I feel like I'm linking the time period up with the Crusades due to what I saw with the photo and video clip y'all posted. I made a chapter idea a couple of months ago with a child killer mainly due to the fact that children creep me out. But after people started to respond to my idea positively - I went back and added much more detail with hopes the DEVS and designers may one day consider my child killer as a possible Chapter Release. Y'all are doing an amazing job with the game - everyone is on the edge of their seats waiting to see the new killer!