Hex Totem Perks are BS

what is the point when 99% of the time they spawn where everyone can see? This is frustrating as hell🤨

Comments

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

The point is : it's one of the only way to delay gens to play a proper round that is more than 5mins.

• GhostEuant
    GhostEuant Member Posts: 243
    The point is : alternate objectives to generators which eeeeeeeeeeeeveryone wants
  • Vinnie
    Vinnie Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2018

Other than slowing down gen rush with Ruin, there's also the aspect of playing unconventionally. Devour Hope adds in that surprise to the match if it remains hidden long enough. NOED is just bad ass for those gen rush SWF groups that use Brand New Part and get too confident of their abilities. For example tbagging you in the middle of the exit gate can turn into an easy hook and you can still go deeper from there, using Blood Warden to keep their friends from escaping because you know they wouldn't just escape right away.

I'd really welcome a new mechanic that gives you more stuff you can interact with like the totems.

• megaweenieman
    megaweenieman Member Posts: 323
    Vinnie said:

Other than slowing down gen rush with Ruin, there's also the aspect of playing unconventionally. Devour Hope adds in that surprise to the match if it remains hidden long enough. NOED is just bad ass for those gen rush SWF groups that use Brand New Part and get too confident of their abilities. For example tbagging you in the middle of the exit gate can turn into an easy hook and you can still go deeper from there, using Blood Warden to keep their friends from escaping because you know they wouldn't just escape right away.

I'd really welcome a new mechanic that gives you more stuff you can interact with like the totems.

If it remains hidden long enough! It’s always destroyed within 2 minutes for me, literally. I’m mostly referring To devour hope and he’s ruin as well, Feels like a waste of a perk slot.
  • megaweenieman
    megaweenieman Member Posts: 323
    Hex ruin*
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@megaweenieman said:
    what is the point when 99% of the time they spawn where everyone can see? This is frustrating as hell🤨

If you wanna be as toxic as the usual survivor, just DC if they spawn on your totem, maybe more luck next game :lol:

• Kaalaxi
    Kaalaxi Member Posts: 177

I legit have 90% of my hex spawns right in the open. I'm actually baffled how many times it spawns in the most revealed place on the map. Totems I feel should always spawn in some nook or cranny having them on the hill or right in front of an open area is just unnecessary.

I understand there are people who are new to the game who would have a hard time but honestly, its match makings fault for putting someone with under 10 hours game time against someone with a maxed out hex perk.

• Shadow_Master
    Shadow_Master Member Posts: 17

@GhostEuant said:
    The point is : alternate objectives to generators which eeeeeeeeeeeeveryone wants

They ve clearly stated that every objective will be around generators,this is not going to change,not any time soon at least.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

Every perk except Ruin and NOED shouldnt even be a totem imo. No one is going to use Third Seal etc. Even if it isnt a hex totem.