About the Nurse

Options
GhostrickSpecter
GhostrickSpecter Member Posts: 460
edited June 2018 in General Discussions

I'm confused on playing the Nurse... I mean I love to play her cuz she's one of my favourite killer (along with The Doctor and all licensed killers), but I still feel she's pretty hard to play...
Any tips on playing her?

Comments

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

Hold M2, release it and then press (eventually hold) M1.
    If you hit, good.
    If you don't, try again.

That's pretty much all there is with Nurse apart from getting good perks and muscle memory.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,063
    edited June 2018
    Options

The Nurse changes are brutal on console. Unless I blink inside the survivor's player model I cannot get a hit with her garbage lunge.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Nos37 said:
    The Nurse changes are brutal on console. Unless I blink inside the survivor's player model I cannot get a hit with her garbage lunge.

Killer with a controller is a ######### sandwich without bread no matter how you slice it. If its as bad as people say it is i am surprised the devs have not given killers a good auto aim to compensate for the lack of accuracy that comes with playing on console.

• BlackHack
    BlackHack Member Posts: 71
    Options

it's a mind game killer so you need to know how the player think
    1- when you see any player for the first time try to get near him then blink 1 time and see what is the player do to avoid you, repeat that if the player make another move, this will help you in the begin of the hunt.please Don't rely on this aways bcuz in a lot of time you will get a clear shoot to hit the player. so use this when you face a trikcy player
    2- when you charge the first blink and release dont wait the nurse to land to make the second blink, insted when the first blink just started click and hold for the second blink, this will make the nurse travel to farther distances
    3-try to use bloodhound perk it will make you better in the chase
    4- if the player loop you near a pallet try to lift up the mouse a little before u blink bcuz sometimes the nurse will stuck and can't blink near pallet.

• Nos37
    Options

@SadonicShadow said:
    Killer with a controller is a

What does the controller have to do with the lunge range?

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

@Nos37 said:

@SadonicShadow said:
    Killer with a controller is a

What does the controller have to do with the lunge range?

It doesn't but having to use a controller for playing killer is absolutely horrific especially on killers that require precision like the nurse.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,342
    edited June 2018
    Options

You may try to play Plaid Flannel add-on alone with no second add-on (see the landing area of the Blink). That can help you learn her. I think since you can see how much fast charge of blink is or how you can aim in some direction so blink will go where you want. Only bad thing about this, it's very rare add-on.

• Nos37
    Options

My blinks take me to where I want to go. The problem is that the survivors see me arrive there before I do. They have time to react and juke. Couple that with the removed auto-lock. Now replace the blink lunge with her very short basic lunge. You see the problem?

• FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I hear nerf nurse alot.... but how would new players even try to play her. I am sometimes good and bad with nurse. I like she has a 2nd blink but most of times i blink into a object i can't go past. That or a survivor runs a circle around something can't blink past. Im slow enough as the nurse why is there objects that stops my blink.
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Nos37 said:

It takes a lot of practice is all. Granted “Blink Dead Zones” are all over the place (Screw you Haddonfield, Lery’s, Badham School) she takes a crap ton of practice. Her lunge seems fine to me, think you might just not be holding R2 long enough (Sorry, I’m assuming you play on PS4 like I do.) 

i’ll upload and make a large playlist of my Nurse games on my YouTube and post it here for you if you’d like. I also Stream occasionally. My trick is I use the pocket watch add on and matchbook add on to make my chain blink window as large as possible, that way I have more time to accurately get a read on the Survivors next movement and predict thier movement.

Small Edit : Here’s one video I uploaded. 
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zFFrglfz64A
    Post edited by SovererignKing on
  • popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    Options
    Playing with 100 sensitivity is also a good way to land the hit. The only problem with this high sensitivity for me is the cost of Blink precision.
    (I am new to controllers, I played on a PC for a long time.)

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Options
    popoles said:
    Playing with 100 sensitivity is also a good way to land the hit. The only problem with this high sensitivity for me is the cost of Blink precision.
    (I am new to controllers, I played on a PC for a long time.)

Oh, this too. I play with 100% sensitivity.