The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

NEW CHAPTER VIDEO TEASER(REAL)

mobbigermops
mobbigermops Member Posts: 13
edited February 2019 in General Discussions

In a time of darkness, some look for a light to follow. But nothing can save them. Not even faith. Watch the DBD livestream Monday March 4th (2PM EST) for exclusive information on the upcoming chapter release. #DeadbyDaylight

Comments

• ItzSoulz
    ItzSoulz Member Posts: 368

Hype!

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

Dude the arm looks cool as hell, I wonder what kind of power she/he will have.

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    Wraith 2.0?
  • NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

@Eveline said:
    Wraith 2.0?

Wraith 2.0 is just current Wraith

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    edited February 2019

Oh, cool! Another 110% m.s. clown with a useless power tied to a 20 seconds cooldown! Yaaay! Can't wait to waste my money on it!

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

Wraith is strong. I eat people alive with him....

Anyways, this does look cool. I hope there's not an anti-Christian vibe to it.

I had no sound in the trailer. Anyone else have sound? Maybe it doesn't have sound at all lol

Looks cool.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Who's Denise?
  • BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    edited February 2019

seems medium distance killer (throwing that chain) to hit survs behind a dropped pallet

the smoke can be maybe what makes him shapeshifting

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    So the relgious theme was right.
  • Delfador

It says demise of the faithful.

So does it mean that there was a religious guy and something happened to him? There are blisters on his arm and it looks like he is burnt.

There is also smoke coming out of his lamp (?). What kind of power can he have with something like smoke?

• Animalheadskull
    Animalheadskull Member Posts: 478
    Acromio said:

Oh, cool! Another 110% m.s. clown with a useless power tied to a 20 seconds cooldown! Yaaay! Can't wait to waste my money on it!

Clown has 115%
  • Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited February 2019
    Power is definitely going to have be related to that censer. Might be similar to Clowns where it distorts survivors visions. The killer seems to be a prisoner? There's chains that goes up his arm. Yet, he's wealthy from assumptions of the jewellery on his fingers.

Overall visually interesting.
  • NuclearBurrito

@AshleyWB said:
    Who's Denise?

New Survivor obviously

• Delfador

@NuclearBurrito said:

@AshleyWB said:
    Who's Denise?

New Survivor obviously

Why? The killer looks like he is burnt.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    The hype is strong with this one
  • Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,888

Definitely getting religious vibes from this chapter.

• NuclearBurrito

@Delfador said:

@NuclearBurrito said:

@AshleyWB said:
    Who's Denise?

New Survivor obviously

Why? The killer looks like he is burnt.

Well because it's their demise. The killer is the one with the arm but @AshleyWB was asking about Denise

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

This reminds me of an old idea that should have countered pallet looping.

Originaly someone though of a perk that would leave a trail behind the killer that would slow survivors who went through it.
    Maybe this new killer's power will be that he emits smoke trail behind himself that slows down survivors.

I personally hope for something more unique like blinding survivors with the smoke somehow or creating fog pockets around the map that cause killer to not have terror radious.

• Mc_Harty
    edited February 2019
    @Delfador said:

So does it mean that there was a religious guy and something happened to him? There are blisters on his arm and it looks like he is burnt.

There is also smoke coming out of his lamp (?). What kind of power can he have with something like smoke?

Fire is often symbolic for cleansing. In the dark ages they burned corpses infected by the plague to prevent disease. Maybe there's a connection?
  • Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
    Maybe the new killer was born in one of the Clown's bottles.
  • BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    edited February 2019

@Mc_Harty said:
    Power is definitely going to have be related to that censer. Might be similar to Clowns where it distorts survivors visions. The killer seems to be a prisoner? There's chains that goes up his arm. Yet, he's wealthy from assumptions of the jewellery on his fingers.

the smoke is what makes him shapeshifting (yes HIM, is a male killer)

then to attack can throw that censer to middel distance through a deployed pallet or window

• Delfador

@Kebek said:
    This reminds me of an old idea that should have countered pallet looping.

Originaly someone though of a perk that would leave a trail behind the killer that would slow survivors who went through it.
    Maybe this new killer's power will be that he emits smoke trail behind himself that slows down survivors.

I personally hope for something more unique like blinding survivors with the smoke somehow or creating fog pockets around the map that cause killer to not have terror radious.

That's clown 2.0 OMG I hope something like that doesn't happen.

@Mc_Harty said:

Fire is often symbolic for cleansing. In the dark ages they burned corpses infected by the plague to prevent disease. Maybe there's a connection?

I feel the same. Maybe he is sacrificed and burnt alive for something and came back to get a revenge?

I just hope it is not a lame power and I hope that it is as cool as spirit's power.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Oops I misread it. Thought it said Denise of the faithful not Demise.

Sounds more like the faithful ones are the ones trying to escape rather than the killer.
    Whats a heretic because I can imagine a mad cult guy being called The Heretic as a killer name.
  • MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

Some of the ideas here a downright boring: A crappy clown that has smoke behind him instead of being able to throw whereever he wants it? Very good idea in a game where you CHASE survivors.

A distortion effect which again, is the clown.

"midrange killer to attack through pallets". so a huntress with less range.

A shapeshifter so basically a wraith that would brutally suck against voicecom.

Holy moly guys.

• Noxerias
    Noxerias Member Posts: 93
    Mc_Harty said:

So I noticed that the censer in the killer's right hand, does that possibly mean that it's the killer's weapon or is it the killer's power/ability and if so, might we get a killer that's left handed?
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    Delfador said:

That's a point, it does look burnt. Would make sense with the smoke too.

I'd say a Witch perhaps would be cool but this doesn't really give me that vibe.
  • Mc_Harty

So I noticed that the censer in the killer's right hand, does that possibly mean that it's the killer's weapon or is it the killer's power/ability and if so, might we get a killer that's left handed?
    That might be an error on the devs part, but if the weapon is the censer that'll be hilarious.
  • OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,189

Good.. another Freddy with "Dream world"

• Noxerias
    Noxerias Member Posts: 93
    Mc_Harty said:

That might be an error on the devs part, but if the weapon is the censer that'll be hilarious.
    Like the loading screen when you log in and the killer's weapon is on the left side. 😁

But if it is the killer's weapon, oh boy, I'm going to cleansing and purge the toxicity out of survivors!
  • Baxterchen
    Baxterchen Member Posts: 60

Say it with me lads and lasses... DEUS VULT!

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Can't wait for the memes and cartoons featuring the new killer 😁
  • MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758

I want the hatred guy. Throwing grenades and using an AR with edgy voicelines.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154

@Baxterchen said:
    Say it with me lads and lasses... DEUS VULT!

WE WILL TAKE JERUSALEM

• ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797
    Acromio said:

Why waste money when you have shards 4head
  • Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Okay I'm officially excited, PTB can't come soon enough!