If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

How do the M1 killers counter people that loop buildings?

Options
Markness
Markness Member Posts: 242
edited June 2018 in General Discussions

Bamboozle only stops one window. Do they want every killer to just play the nurse? Every game past rank 15 has people that sprint burst to a building loop and they run that 3 times almost acting as a martyr for their team as they rip out generators.

Edit: Bonus points for those that run decisive strike on top of this. And an another awesome spot is the killer shack/pallet zone combo.

Comments

• Vell
    Vell Member Posts: 8
    Options

Usually I just chase them for a bit, break one or two pallets, and then I go for someone else. It's not exactly a hard counter honestly, but it's the only thing I've found that works. Even with communication over Discord, most SWF fumble because they lack the knowledge of what pallets are and aren't already used in the loop they're aiming to do.

• Markness
    Options

@Vell said:
    Usually I just chase them for a bit, break one or two pallets, and then I go for someone else. It's not exactly a hard counter honestly, but it's the only thing I've found that works. Even with communication over Discord, most SWF fumble because they lack the knowledge of what pallets are and aren't already used in the loop they're aiming to do.

I get what you're saying, but the pallets aren't even the problem. The problem is you get maps like the one that has the barn or grain silo or car park and there are two windows in those buildings and people just loop those buildings over and over again because of the survivor being able to vault faster than the killer. This renders the perk bamboozle completely useless.

If the perk prevented people from using any window the killer went through for 30 seconds then we may have something, but for now they band-aid fixed something that didn't need a fix as bad (jungle gym windows), and every killer that isn't the nurse gets smacked by people that sprint burst to the building and then run it 3 times and then get hit and maybe do it all over again. It is a massive waste of time and completely skilless and what is even more disgusting is some of the killvivor mains (the killers that don't like to camp/patrol and play by the survivors rules) that tell us that survivors can't do things like breaking LOS.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,061
    Options
    That’s why most killers have been complaining for the last 2 years, there are no counters. There are a couple perks like you’ve mentioned that can make them “slightly” and I do mean very slightly more manageable, but in the end they aren’t enough. The main strengths on the survivor side have no counters right now. When you play at rank 1 and all the survivors are pro loopers there is just nothing you can do. Whether you get them or don’t entirely depends on if they mess up. If they play it perfectly you just lose. 
  • Vell
    Vell Member Posts: 8
    Options

I get what you're saying, but the pallets aren't even the problem. The problem is you get maps like the one that has the barn or grain silo or car park and there are two windows in those buildings and people just loop those buildings over and over again because of the survivor being able to vault faster than the killer. This renders the perk bamboozle completely useless.

If the perk prevented people from using any window the killer went through for 30 seconds then we may have something, but for now they band-aid fixed something that didn't need a fix as bad (jungle gym windows), and every killer that isn't the nurse gets smacked by people that sprint burst to the building and then run it 3 times and then get hit and maybe do it all over again. It is a massive waste of time and completely skilless and what is even more disgusting is some of the killvivor mains (the killers that don't like to camp/patrol and play by the survivors rules) that tell us that survivors can't do things like breaking LOS.

Yep, like you said it's just a band aid fix. There's not as many infinites as there used to be, but there are still quite a few. At this point I just pray not to get a map with a massive looping area. But going after different people is the only strat I've found any success with. And it's not even much success.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

The counter is pretty simple : unless you get a pretty big advantage, don't go near these buildings. And if you truly want to, try to make yourself unpredictable, at least as much as you can.

• Markness
    Options

@Vell said:

Yep, like you said it's just a band aid fix. There's not as many infinites as there used to be, but there are still quite a few. At this point I just pray not to get a map with a massive looping area. But going after different people is the only strat I've found any success with. And it's not even much success.

The thing is is that I deal with t-bagging sh1tlords that try and take me there all the time. Chinese survivors are toxic as hell, and they cheat a lot too. The building loopers actually think they're good.

• Markness
    Options

@Runiver said:
    The counter is pretty simple : unless you get a pretty big advantage, don't go near these buildings. And if you truly want to, try to make yourself unpredictable, at least as much as you can.

Why should survivors be allowed to have safe spaces? This is essentially what it is.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Markness said:

@Runiver said:

Why should survivors be allowed to have safe spaces? This is essentially what it is.

They aren't actually safe spaces. They're just overly strong juking spots that will ruin your match if you try to follow through, because, even tho you will eventually catch up at some point, it will be way too time consuming to be worth it.

Obviously, It's not very balanced, but killers had to deal with way worse back then, and I doubt devs will completely revamp great juking spots.

One of the main issue is the conjonction with Self-care, that allows people to just sprint to these spots and self-care directly there without any help if you drop them, which makes it rather riskless.

• Markness
    Options

@Runiver said:

@Markness said:

@Runiver said:

They aren't actually safe spaces. They're just overly strong juking spots that will ruin your match if you try to follow through, because, even tho you will eventually catch up at some point, it will be way too time consuming to be worth it.

Obviously, It's not very balanced, but killers had to deal with way worse back then, and I doubt devs will completely revamp great juking spots.

One of the main issue is the conjonction with Self-care, that allows people to just sprint to these spots and self-care directly there without any help if you drop them, which makes it rather riskless.

The sad thing is that they can waste way too much damn time in a place like that. If they are too lazy to fix the maps then killers need more perks to counter their broken maps. I am not even a good survivor and I can waste a hell of a lot of time in those places. Now imagine the tryhard SWF teams that only play survivor and use bnps/voice comms/the works.. this game is way too safe for survivors and its hard to say that its remotely balanced or that any dev could see that it is.

• Yohthao
    Yohthao Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2018
    Options

Strategically speaking, a way to counter survivors from looping is to position all generators so that as the killer you can easily maneuver between each one (though I have minimal experience in this counter-method). Determine the 3 generators that are close to each other and spend more time protecting those generators, especially if the game is getting close to all survivors escaping, often visiting them. By patrolling these generators, you're practically forcing the game to a stale-mate with the chance to at least knock-down a survivor or two.

Don't go for chases, and instead scare survivors to pull down pallets or vault windows.

Though at some point you definitely need to prioritize easier targets/areas that aren't heavily windowed/pallet based. As Runiver said, don't go near the buildings, though there are exceptions to everything.

I forgot to mention that you should also use survivors as bait... if survivors are going to loop, then its your job to play smart and find a way to lure survivors into unfavorable conditions.

• shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201
    Options

I think they need to adjust the maps so buildings either are limited to one window, or there's an extra opening to prevent loops. Alternatively block the window in fewer vaults, or extend how long that window is blocked for considerably.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,061
    Options
    Honestly the Bamboozle effect shouldn’t even be a perk, it should be a base effect on all killers. If they are using the window more than once then they aren’t using it for it’s  intended purpose to begin with.
  • Yuu_Incredible
    Yuu_Incredible Member Posts: 27
    Options

We don't counter.
    That's all.
    We just hope that survivors aren't dicks. While vaulting an "infinite" one time is not the problem, allways running right to it after being spotted and starting to loop the hell out of it, is.
    I have no idea why these windows still exists. The cowshed is even worse because there are 2 strong windows, instead of one.
    The new meta for those killers will probably be equipping bamboozle. And I will hate that. Of course, it's nice against infinites but it also gets rid of every L- and T- Wall juke. Windows are the only ressource for survivors, that can't be broken, and with bamboozle you will automatically lose these jukes. No need for a mindgame.
    This perk is just a ######### fix for a big problem. BHVR, please stop fixing game mechanic problems with perks.