New players, cheats/hacks, game health state, report system

Leon
Leon Member Posts: 56

So in the state of game now even with the unbalanced issues, now that new player base playing the game and buying it, the game needs to be healthy, and i'm not talking about balance issues and such, they adressed that they have a plan for the year 4 killers, survivors, balancing etc. I'm talking about a legit good anti-cheat and hack built in the game, or a software downloaded with the game to check on files to detect any sort of hacks or cheats.

The game won't be in healthy state if this issue isn't fixed, the report system i won't say outdated, it is almost in no help for the players, Devs needs to delegate one or two people of their team to be able to deal with bans, or actually let volunteers from the dbd community who are trust worthy depending on how much they contributed, to help with checking video proof and reports of hacks/cheats. This way it can be less of an issue if community members were being delegated then after noticing for example a cheat or hack, report to the higher athority ( in this case the 2 people from dev team ) to look into said reports that were sent by the community volunteers to have the final word and issue the ban.

In conclusion, many players noticing an increase amount of hacks and cheats all over the ranks, even new players reported frequently of hacks of many types. This needs to be looks at and i hope devs see this thread and actually think about a solution if what i mentioned aren't good enough.

Comments

• JayDoesGames
    JayDoesGames Member Posts: 264

Agreed. If the report system isn't kept functioning, hacking and cheating will be rampant just like it is on Friday The 13th and it will put many people off the game

• Murf
    Murf Member Posts: 13

The reporting system, is getting an overhaul, for now, EAC is constantly being updated and it is catching a lot of hackers/cheaters every day. Not ALL of them no, but a good majority of them.

You all will be the first to know when our re-vamped report system is up and running. For now, it's just the in-game reporting.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    edited May 2018

@Murf said:
    The reporting system, is getting an overhaul, for now, EAC is constantly being updated and it is catching a lot of hackers/cheaters every day. Not ALL of them no, but a good majority of them.

You all will be the first to know when our re-vamped report system is up and running. For now, it's just the in-game reporting.

There are even P3-50 new players at ranks 20-17, which is kinda funny, they run around not knowing what to do, hiding in lockers and running in straight lines from a killer. It is like a Benny Hill movie.

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624

i was unaware that hacks were even possible on a PS4 platform BUT - i had my very first speed hacker the other day. he outran my chainsaw sprint for atleast 7 seconds before i finally lost him altogether and he took the hatch. it was the craziest ######### i've ever seen outside of DBD random moments compilations on youtube.... i saw him a total of 4 times the entire game and only hit him once because he ran into a wall.. it was a hell of a sight though....

• bl4ckhearts
    bl4ckhearts Member Posts: 40

i had a hacker in my game and i posted about with his steam link and video proof on here so devs can notice and they rmove my thread instead

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Leon said:
    So in the state of game now even with the unbalanced issues, now that new player base playing the game and buying it, the game needs to be healthy, and i'm not talking about balance issues and such, they adressed that they have a plan for the year 4 killers, survivors, balancing etc. I'm talking about a legit good anti-cheat and hack built in the game, or a software downloaded with the game to check on files to detect any sort of hacks or cheats.

The game won't be in healthy state if this issue isn't fixed, the report system i won't say outdated, it is almost in no help for the players, Devs needs to delegate one or two people of their team to be able to deal with bans, or actually let volunteers from the dbd community who are trust worthy depending on how much they contributed, to help with checking video proof and reports of hacks/cheats. This way it can be less of an issue if community members were being delegated then after noticing for example a cheat or hack, report to the higher athority ( in this case the 2 people from dev team ) to look into said reports that were sent by the community volunteers to have the final word and issue the ban.

In conclusion, many players noticing an increase amount of hacks and cheats all over the ranks, even new players reported frequently of hacks of many types. This needs to be looks at and i hope devs see this thread and actually think about a solution if what i mentioned aren't good enough.

Actually I havent met any hacker/cheater for ages now, sure a functional report system would be nice, but with the amount of false reporting done, well....

In my opinion I could forget about all the hacks/cheats and exploits, even abuot the peer to peer thing if they finally managed to balance the game