new HEAD ON - PERK maybe DS number two?

thebl4ckshadow
thebl4ckshadow Member Posts: 21
edited March 2019 in General Discussions

Head on new surviver perk - Wont this be as good as the current/old DS? I'd think so. Leave a comment below if you disagree link to video on the perk is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DTjHvM-Atk

SKIP TO 4.50 TO READ THE PERK

Comments

• theanimal41
    theanimal41 Member Posts: 32

For it to activate you have to get in a locker for 3 seconds. it's not instantly. if you use it you have to make sure that you are at least 4 seconds in front of the killer and can't be exhausted if you are gonna slowly get in the locker to not alert the killer. to me that sounds really underpowered for an exhaustion perk. Personally as the devs described it I would never run it bc it can't be used while in a chase. But if it was buffed to work instantly that would be my perk all day.

• Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533

The time it takes for it to activate is to prevent it from being abused during a chase

• Nobsyde
    Nobsyde Member Posts: 1,288

it's much better than DS though :P. As said in another topic:

quick and quiet + dance with me + head on = vault a window without getting noticed + don't leave scratch marks while you move away from the window and hide in a locker.. You should have gained 3 seconds of confusion in the killer: IF he's smart enough to look into a locker, you still have Head on!

• HP150
    HP150 Member Posts: 455
    edited March 2019

You're way under-selling DS. DS rewards survivors for playing poorly and essentially gives the survivor another health state+head start in a prolonged chase. Head-on requires some sort of forward thinking and planning.

Look, I think most of the imbalance in this game comes from the survivor side. With that said, it looks like a cool perk. Might even become meta (probably not). But survivors are allowed to have fun things, no? All I ask is they make more perks that survivors don't get for free just by equipping it (killers have to WORK for most of their good perks, protecting totems, breaking pallets to get spirit fury, hooking survivors to proc BBQ, etc).

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

We'll more than likely see this Perk get popular on videos of people pulling it off after 100 tries, then the viewers try it out, get impatient at how much more preparation it requires than Decisive Strike, and then either drop the Perk or, miraculously, try to get better at using it.

As a Killer, even if i do get hit with this, i won't care that much.

I still dislike getting stunned, but this just won't feel bullshit.

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

It's 3 seconds it's not that bad, and it requires precise timing. This will be godly for Basement saves and if the Killer is coming towards your Gen and you hide in a locker, BAM you get a three second head start to a chase.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

Hmm. Wondering what sort of proximity would be required. Coming down basement steps with someone on shoulder for example?

:/

This has meme-lord written all over it...

• thebl4ckshadow
    thebl4ckshadow Member Posts: 21

Ooof. Getting hooked in basement, someone jumps in a locker before he gets to go down with the surviver only to stun him. Sounds like a good plan to me!

• SlothGirly
    SlothGirly Member Posts: 1,146

Head-on, SC, No Mither, Sabo for the ultimate meme perk loadout

insert omegalul here

• SkerpiTwitch
    SkerpiTwitch Member Posts: 327

As a killer main, i Will be having alot of fun survivors trying out Head on. Its gonna be popular the first few weeks.

Enduring + Iron Maiden.Nuff said.

Thats basicly a gigantic buff for doc and huntress. They benefiet the most from iron maiden.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

I wouldn't burn Dance With Me on the window. Fast exiting a locker with DWM triggers the effect too, so I'd prefer to stealthily run while the killer is stunned in front of a locker, giving me a good shot to break the chase or at least search entirely.

• NickMilian
    NickMilian Member Posts: 81

It seems very situational for now but I guess we'll see when the PTB goes live.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

Well you need 3 perks to execute this "new ds". so I wouldn't say it's better. We also don't know the size of the stun zone so if the killer is expecting you have head on they will most likely try to mindgame the locker they think you hid in. We are just going to have to wait and see how it functions in game.

• PolarBear

The stun zone probably won't be large enough for the survivors to be able to do that. The lockers are pretty far from the stairs. This could still work in other situations where lockers are near hooks. (Possibly 4 lanes?)

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167

tHeRe’S a StUn?!? It MuSt Be Op!!!!

Gosh, do you even know how the perk works? Read the flavor text. All of it. It’s a fun perk IMO.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

Well, if it means automatically dropping who you're carrying to the basement, I'd say that's cause for killer concern.

• TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited March 2019

Could be some funny tricks that could be played on the killer with SWF.. if anything I see this perk being used for bullying and meme only.

I can't see a survivor making much use out of this perk. How often do you get picked out of lockers... very rare.

If anything... that perk just be something that is already part of the game, like the pallet stuns.

• Nobsyde

@anarchy753

I wouldn't burn Dance With Me on the window. Fast exiting a locker with DWM triggers the effect too, so I'd prefer to stealthily run while the killer is stunned in front of a locker, giving me a good shot to break the chase or at least search entirely.

yeah that could be interesting as well, in my example I "burned" it on the window simply because I needed the 3 seconds of distance from the killer to activate Head On. Depending on how much one feels confident it could be used as you propose.

@PolarBear

Well you need 3 perks to execute this "new ds". so I wouldn't say it's better.

quick and quiet and dance with me are two wonderful perks, especially when used together, though. You're not "wasting" anything, it's just a kind of build. You have to sacrifice lithe for head on but that's about it.

• PolarBear

It's still 2 perks that could be used more efficiently. I do sometimes like to try unconventional builds myself and that's how I personally view your suggestion. It can be a good combo but there will probably never be anything that can top DS.

• Tarvesh
    Tarvesh Member Posts: 765

I can see it being a solid basement counter. Have one person on your SWF group equip it just in case.

If someone’s being brought to the basement, sprint down there and get into the locker closest to the bottom of the stairs and pop out to stun the killer and save your friend.

Other than that, maybe some insurance for solo survivors who are working on gens and hear the heart beat. They can move to a nearby locker and wait the killer out, or prep the stun in case they check the locker.

Very situational, but nowhere near the level of the current (or even reworked) DS.

• Nobsyde

When I said "it's much better than DS" I was not comparing the mechanics of DS to the ones of Head On; my build as a survivor is Bond + Sprint Burst + Self Care + Urban Evasion, and I wouldn't switch any of those perks for DS - in other words, I consider those 4 perks "better than DS".

In fact I consider DS a very underwhelming perk - but you also have to consider I play on PS4 where due to low frame rate DS skill checks are much more difficult to hit.

...I guess we'll have to wait and see!

• Thicc
    Thicc Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2019

run iron maiden on releaase day walk towards a locker then back away at the last second congrats instant down bing bang boom