The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Best Solo Build Perks for Low Ranks.

I have no idea what perks to use as a survivor. Rank 6 killer, 14 survivor.

Comments

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433
  • Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340

You can reach rank 1 with whatever perks. Use what you like most.

• Kagrenac
    Kagrenac Member Posts: 773
    edited March 2019

If you're playing solo then I definitely recommend Self-Care as one of your perks. An exhaustion perk like Adrenaline, Lithe, Dead-Hard, Balanced landing, or Sprint burst are great for escaping the killer.

Other than those use whatever else you want. Lightweight helps keep the killer off your tail if they're bad at tracking and I'd even recommend decisive strike to help you get out of situations where you're being tunneled (killers on here will hate me for saying that). It's going to be a bit better for anti-tunneling when it gets reworked anyway.

• Slipknirvana
    Slipknirvana Member Posts: 26

So thinking about Self-Care, Adrenaline, Balanced Landing, plus the Kate Denson struggle perk.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

For specifically solo's I would recommend Kindred. Yes the meta perks are good but Kindred means that once you are on the hook the other survivors suddenly become SWF and can organize your rescue accordingly

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

Self Care, Bond, Kindred, and the 4th can vary. If you're worried about your team members actually coming to get you, run Deliverance. Spine Chill is generally one of the best perks you can run if you're solo queuing, but it isn't always necessary if you're good at chases.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

Boil Over is bad tho. It's never once helped me, and I have run it a lot.

• ColgateAdvancedWhite
    ColgateAdvancedWhite Member Posts: 616

Playing as a team is tricky at lower levels. If you want to rank up fast, you have to focus on pipping which may involve do scummy things to your teammates.

Empathy

Helps you find out where the killer is, and if your teammate is leading the killer to you

Bond

Helps you lose the killer by running past your teammates doing gens or totems. Killers would likely change target, especially for those doing active totems that are not Haunted Ground totems

Kindred

Turns your team into swf for coordination of saving you when hooked

Small game (if you are not familiar with where to find totems)

Farm those totems. They provide points for pipping

Other tips include

Escaping without getting downed gives bonus points. If you have to, sabotage your teammates in order to escape unscathed. This means if two of you are being chased, and you're ahead, throw down pallets to block your teammates so that they get hit instead and divert the killer's attention.

Do totems. Totems also give points

If you need to go somewhere and are not sure if the killer is going to intercept you, fast vault over a window near your teammates to draw the killer's attention, then move off to where you wanted to go

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985

I am a solo player red ranks

i like to use

1st slot

self care(or bring med kit) and use dead hard, Sb, or lithe

2nd slot

alert

3rd slot

distortion

4th slot iron will or calm spirit sometimes both without self care of exhaustion perk in slot 1.

works really well.

other perks I enjoy swapping about in the slots

bond or aftercare(incredibly useful)

premonition

wglf

prove thy self

lightweight

im currently running

distortion , self care, after care, and iron will

• Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835

Bond has been my crutch perk for the longest time as it makes you really efficent.

Downside to is you see the horrors your team mates commit.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 902

I think Alert is good. Lower rank killers tend to break more gens, and lower rank survivors tend to throw more pallets. It's terrible to see a pallet assass*in on the loose but when I use alert I see it all the time. It will tell you where to move in relation to the chase . Bond is also good if you don't run self-care and it also gives you a lot of information. We'll Make It is good if your team is going down too fast you could be the hero they need. lol Deliverance, for those times no one will save you especially if you are in the basement or the gates are open.