If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Can People Have Kids in The Entity?

Options
Bellers
Bellers Member Posts: 19

Title says it all, can a female survivor (...or killer?) get pregnant and have a kid in the Entity? Survivors can at least talk to each other at the campfire, so I imagine that out of trial the survivors are allowed to develop interpersonal relationships. The Entity may block these relationships if it gets too far, but that's why I'm asking. The implications of this are kind of staggering.

* Would an infant be thrown in trials, slashed, and sacrificed? * Would or can the Entity take mercy on the child, and take it in as its own? * Would there be any hope in babies to feast on? * If the babies didn't have to go into trials until a certain age, what age would that be? 10? 15? 18?

As user @βLAKE points out in their thread, there are no kids in the Entity's realm (Not including Laurie and Quentin because they are old teenagers, not "kids"). Either it's pure coincidence and it just hasn't done it yet or the Entity just doesn't bring kids into its realm. This would be because of two possible reasons: either it can't bring kids, (maybe kids weaken it?) or it chooses not to (kids wouldn't last as long as adults for hope supply, so kids aren't worth it).

Let's say the Entity chooses not to bring kids in its realm. It wouldn't bring kids into its realm, but kids through other means would come into its realm. AKA through child birth. Either a child is on the Entity's Christmas list and it's just unable to get one, or a child is somehow a weakness to the Entity. Referring to @TheBretzel 's thread regarding the idea that the Entity's weakness is light, what if kids could be a "pure light" that could finally put an end to all of this.

Disclaimer, this is all speculation, of course. Just throwing ideas out there.

Comments

• Countfunkular
    Countfunkular Member Posts: 405
    Options

Okay well if I had to be honest. This is actually pretty interesting discussion. Here's the thing... children won't work for a number of different reasons And I'm not talkin gameplay I'm talkin lore because F.T.K

1. For starters it would be interesting for young survivors but sadly enough... The Entity feeds off of Hope. Children might be born of the stuff but once they see that there is truly nothing they can do to escape seeing that their parent has been there for an undisclosed amount of time... they will lose it to the point that the entity might just spit them up into the real world.

2. As for Killers the devs have already explained that The Killers never meet each other. That's the funny thing about it. The Killers for some reason never meet. That could either be due to the fact that they know each other and choose to stay away because there will be a fight or if they're Hermits moving around upgrading their gear and waiting for the next trial. Basically they never take a day off to establish in a real relationship.

Hate to say it but from a lore perspective. They might have children but the entity would immediately spit them out knowing that the long term use is useless. Doing so would only increase the survivors hope to see their child again making it easy to feed.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816
    Options

I kind of think time doesn’t really “flow” in the entity so I don’t think a child could develop. maybe be brought in, but not grow or age. We haven’t been told if people get older in the realm or if they stay the “same age”.

Since nothing can die, though this isn’t guaranteed, I think nothing can be technically born into the realm. At least not from that he bodies of the survivors. Maybe the entity could birth something that functions and grows in the dimension it is made from. But I think the survivors and killers might not be effected the same since they are from a different realm.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

On that same thread, I think @Peanits (too lazy to check) actually stated there might be the possibility of children existing within the Entity, however it isn't something we the players will see. The Entity has multiple pockets or bubbles, one of which is what we see. I would assume for argument's sake that the pocket we are viewing is the sort of main hub of the Entity, and the bubble that contain children is seperate from the bubble in which the survivors we know and (maybe) love are in.

Also The Wraith and The Nurse is now canon, so it shows maybe the Entity is loosening her leash on at least some of the killers. Meaning eventually, possibly all the killers will end up meeting each other at some point.

Just a speculation, same as all of you, but this is cool to think about.

• Shad03
    Options

@George_Soros Those are players XD

In all seriousness though, the closest we can get to a child is Susie. She's around 16, but then that just makes her a teenager.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

@Shad03 well... I'd love to see the love child of Kate and the Clown. Or Ace and Huntress. I assume the Nurse is barren, but on the other hand, the Fog is a wondrous place, I see no reason why Leatherface and David couldn't have a baby together!

• Shad03
    Options

@George_Soros I did not need the mental images you had just given me. Oh dear Entity...

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,212
    edited March 2019
    Options

How is nurse and wraith canon o.O

Also the entity performs vasectomies on newcomers after having learned from past mistakes.

Imagine having to choose some souls to torture at the campfire and coming across a gangbang. IT WAS EVERYWHERE. Lol

• Shad03
    Options

@Raptorrotas Did you not see the Valentine's Day special outfit? Plus in one of the Livestreams the Devs stated that they find the idea of Wraith and Nurse being together interesting.

• Bellers
    Options

That... might be true. The Entity could potentially see the survivors and killers as pets, or farm animals. So, it probably can neuter all its "pets" to prevent compications.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,384
    Options

Definitely wasn't me, that's more of a lorekeeper thing.

• Bellers
    Options

Interesting, so would the entity's realm be like a sort of hell, or purgatory? If it was then it would make sense why children wouldn't be born, as kids dont get born in hell.

If time doesn't progress at all then if they escaped the Entity would time have passed at all in the real world? I'd assume so because parents/ friends notice their child is missing. If we figured out how time works in the entity we could potentially solve this question. So, how does it work?

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

Uhhhh, I think this is just fantasy.. Leatherface and David are dudes, seems like a ship, but dudes can't have kids....

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Options

@ShrekIsHot I mean the Entity's realm is a magical world. You know, like Neverland or Narnia. It is entirely possible!

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Who's gonna be ######### when they're running for their lives every single day?

• aderpymuffin
    aderpymuffin Member Posts: 97
    Options

Death is not an escape. Which means aging to death isn't an escape either. Meaning you are preserved as the age you arrive in. Due to the flow of time I doubt that an egg can grow let alone give out a child. Lets say Meg and Jake got dirty in a bush while The Pig was busy chasing Dwight; I doubt that Meg could get pregnant no matter how many attempts. Even if she did the baby wouldn't grow because of the weird flow of time theoretically. Even if she did they would have no use to the entity. A child learns from its mother and after seeing his/her parents in despair they would lose hope as there was none to have in the first place. It would take some serious convincing to convince a tortured child that they could escape when the parents themselves cannot even protect the child. But if a child arrived in the entity's realm with hope already inside of them that's a different story.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278
    Options

That's all chill but I don't think the Entity cares about kids or romantic relationships.

• Ranagax
    Ranagax Member Posts: 25
    Options

I don't think that children weaken the entity, I think she has no debilities (Correct me if I'm wrong). It´s probably because of the hope thing, maybe if a baby borns she would just "give it" to the real world.

• Ranagax
    Ranagax Member Posts: 25
    Options

Maybe the romantic relationships give the survivors more hope, because "They can escape with the power of love", in that cases it will be better for the Entity.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options

I DONT want to answer this

I can't explain this at all

• bubbascal
    bubbascal Member Posts: 316
    Options

Did Orion manage to convince all of you that the Entity has a gender?

Entite sounds like Entity, it's why Entite was used in French. French language has no gender neutral pronouns.

https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Entity

So, there's a chance that it's simply a limitation because of how the French language works, and there is no gender for the Entity.

jfc you all REALLY wanna humanize a monster, huh?

• Orion
    edited March 2019
    Options

I'm not the only one who believes that our almighty Goddess is female. Here's another indication: DbD clearly borrows elements from Silent Hill. In Silent Hill, there's this character called "God" who is, in fact, female. The Entity is the Goddess of DbD. QED.

EDIT: Also, you seriously need to stop pretending this is real. It's a game, nothing more.

Post edited by Orion on
  • Merix
    Merix Member Posts: 35
    Options

what would children do? just sitting around campfire for the whole day?

• bubbascal
    Options

When you stop using "She" and "Almighty Goddess" in a serious manner, I'll stop "pretending this is real" AKA responding to it. I'm trying to convince you and you all here that the Entity might not have a gender. I've made a effective theory, you haven't disproven it. Call your (boy)friend in here if you want to.

Did you seriously just try to claim that because DBD supposedly borrows elements from Silent Hill (no clarification what these elements are BTW, certainly doesn't have Silent Hill's greatest enemy in this game) this means that a completely different IP's character is female as well? Are you really that foolish?

What does QED mean?

Also, is this "God" a person or creature worshipped as a god? Just because you are seen as one doesn't mean you are, Jan.

• Orion
    Options

I've never used it in a serious manner (with the exception that She is, indeed, the Goddess of the Fog). My boyfriend doesn't play DbD, not sure what you're on about.

No, it was a joke. Since you're taking everything so seriously, though, it went clear over your head.

QED stands for Quod erat demonstrandum. Roughly means that I proved my point. As per the previous paragraph, though, it was meant as a joke.

Google it if you're curious about the character.

• bubbascal
    Options

So, you're still insisting Entity is a she. And a goddess. This is what I'm talking about.

What is with you and the rest of humanity? Can you not accept that not everything has to be human?

And I'm referring to Doc.

Karen, you're making arguments and then saying it was "just a joke" when you get destroyed. Just take the L.

LMAO using Latin phrases to sound more intelligent when your logic is trash. XD And you actually have the gall to declare "victory" without letting someone get a chance to refute it.

"It's just a JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKE" Sure Jan.

BTW are you 13? Because my younger sister does the same thing. ;)

• bubbascal
    Options

Since clicking the gear icon doesn't work, I'm not doing your research for you, Becky. If you're gonna make a argument that a character is like another character, you need to prove it.

• JAWS_BDSM
    JAWS_BDSM Member Posts: 328
    Options

I don`t think that it is even possible for survivors to make a child in the Entity`s realm, as they could hardly be called "living beings". For the present moment they are nothing more than shadows of their former selves

• Shad03
    Options

False. They are still them, or else they'd be useless as a food source for the Entity.

If they were nothing but shadows of their former selves, they would have gave up.

• JAWS_BDSM
    Options

I mean they probably no longer posses human bodies. They are just lost souls, forced to suffer to be fed on.

• Shad03
    Options

Nope, they retain their bodies. Souls don't bleed and the Entity's realm is physical. It's all like a bad dream, that is very real.

• JAWS_BDSM
    Options

Probably. I still think that Entity did something with their bodies. We know for sure that Entity can modify survivors minds and give them knowledge (e.g. they all somehow learned how to repair gens), yet we can` be 100% sure that Entity hasn`t done anything to their bodies. It`s kinda abnormal when survivors who escape the trial with all that wounds easily regenerate or how they don`t bleed out when being injured. They lose TOO MUCH blood to continue running or else

• Shad03
    Options

What we see in game is different from what is actually happening. For example, Jake wasn't injured yet went down in one hit in the trailer. David King was killed from a single shank in the side by Frank, and many other things that are inconsistent.

Let's assume that in game effects are 100% canon, then of course the Entity is doing something to keep survivors alive. Otherwise it'd be gg ez every game the killer hits a survivor. But physically, they are still them with emotions intact. Even the killers (some of them) had to be physically/mentally tortured to kill for our savior the Entity.

• Shad03
    Options
  • aderpymuffin
    aderpymuffin Member Posts: 97
    Options

In English there is a He/Him that doesn't mean gender. This version of he/him is used when discussing someone that you don't know the gender of. Like an idiot that doesn't know how to drive in the lane next to you. When you complain about him and you don't even know if it is a him. Guess what? There is another version of this that uses She/Her. You cannot seriously be upset over someones theory on a fictional entity's gender.

This discussion has been closed.