Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

New emblems, 3k + DC = depip

scorpio
scorpio Member Posts: 356
edited March 2019 in General Discussions

I don't understand. How can I get what is essentially a 4k and DEpip. I don't know man, I just think something is wrong with this system if this match isn't AT LEAST a black pip.

Comments

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

I don't see them putting this system into effect, or keeping it for long...it feels so dsmn demoralizing imo

• scorpio

But.. wha... how? I am so lost in this new system. I really hope they don't put it into effect as is.

• scorpio

God I hope you are right. Red ranks will have zero killers if this is the case.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I get the devs wanting to make ranking ip more challenging as you rank up higher so people don't get too high a rank to quickly, but it seems to me like they went overkill on it.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

I hope they do change some things, depip because the survivors are playing selfishly or poorly isn't the kind of tougher ranking anybody was asking for.

• scorpio

100% agreed. I am all for making it harder to rank up (they need to add some reward for doing so but that's another topic) but this seems to have gone too far the other way. Have other people had similar experiences? I am playing this new killer who I am not good at yet so maybe it would be different if I was playing Spirit or someone but like, a 3k with a DC is a 3k with a DC no matter what killer it is. Seems like that should be a black pip in most cases. It's not like I was using Insidious and basement camping either, I was chasing and using my power and all that.

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

Yeah I'm trying to be positive on the ptb and there are some great things but this new points system is bad, like really bad guys. Please you nees to change it back or adjust it.

As survivor you need the killer to be good and getting hooks to pip

As killer you need the survivors to not disconnect or give up on hook.

Your chance at pipping depends entirely on the other side.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

From what I read in the patch notes, I think they pushed it a bit too far. I like the idea of making ranking up a bit harder. It just seems like they went a bit overboard.

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340

Is 10 hooks requirement to pip as a killer? Good luck with that.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Entity: "You killed all!" :D

Also Entity: "Rank up? I don't know that term."

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,003

This is exactly the reason they test these things before implementing them in the live versions. Odds are they'll tweak this yet again, and give us something harder than the joke we have now and something less demanding than the PTB.

• The_Crusader

Has anyone actually managed to pip as survivor yet? Lol

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Its not a secret that DCing denies you both BP and emblem points.

What is quite amazing is that you can actuall depip by 4king now. I laughed pretty hard at that tbh, but I like it. I dont want to rank up playing my unviable killers.

Reserve the red ranks for killers like nurse and billy (and spirit probably), it shouldnt be possible that unviable killers climb that high either

• Master

Nothing has changed for the survivor emblem system, only the hook emblem distibution and thecamp/chaser penalty on killer have been changed afaik, or did they change sth else?

Im aware of the pip changed, those ar enot emblem changes though

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited March 2019

This is getting silly

Leave the rank system alone and use it as a monthly achievement with a reward as the emblem system is highly flawed and has never worked and why it was made so easy in the first place.

This change looks to just make everyone stay in ranks 15-5, red ranks will find it hard to get matched again unless they widen there search making this new system useless.

This is just another easy quick band aid fix that does not solve the overall problem when it is the matchmaking system that needs overhauled, imo it needs to measure more factors like skill, time played (devotion), gens done, saves, kills, length of chases along with others.

Someone with a rank of 14 can easily play versus a rank 1 player no problem, it shouldn't be about a players rank number it should be about stopping players from deranking and playing versus less skilled players on either side, the system needs to change to fix that problem.

• The_Crusader

The scoring changed. You now need more points to safety pip. It changes on ranks.

The bar used to be

__________+________+____+

With the + representing the safety pip, pip, double pip

Now it looks like this

____________________+_____+___+

Where the safety pip comes much further along. Its hard at red ranks. You need to do damn near everything but thats not possible every game.

Killers are tunneling like never before too. I imagine a lot are losing pips at a rapid pace.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

That is what BHVR always does. Whether it is with perks, powers, etc. They have no quality control team in their development process. In other words, they don't utilize critical thinking processes, such as devil's advocate or brainstorm, in order to think of how things can go wrong. Instead, they go overboard, or hardly move at all.

• Galklife
    Galklife Member Posts: 726

From what i see from your emblems, they did gens pretty quick and you hit them after they gained broken status effect (you played how devs wants) BUT i guess they didnt made that as points in chase xd which is pretty silly. So you get cucked by devs that didnt noticed lack of chase points for new killer (same is with chase points as billy, you can 4k with brown chaser) + when during chase you puke on survs chase is longer so you get less points after finishing chase than if you would hit them instant so we need to give them feedback about that

• Master

Tunneling is what you need to do for emblem points. camping is what loses you points

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Devs wanted to make ranking up harder as we asked. Insted this new change forces us into farming and not playing optimally.

Who could have anticipated this unexpected turn of events ❓️❓️❓️

• Master

I dont think so, getting to rank 1 should actually be an achievment and not sth everyone can pull off with ease