Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Thoughts on which other killers can benefit from the Plague's perks?

rooCraah
rooCraah Member Posts: 138

While it has been established that Michael Myers with Infectious Fright will be beast mode, does anyone have other ideas for builds that could make good use of this perk, or the other 2 perks that got added? Current thoughts include:

-Corrupt Intervention seems strong on Hag. If you trap your 2-3 nearest generators at the start of the game, you should be able to pressure survivors enough as Hag that very little generator progress can get done during the first 2 minutes of the game. Doc with Distressing could also use it to force survivors to either become mad quickly, or not do gens.

-Infectious Fright, aside from Myers, can also see play on Nurse, particularly when combined with M&A. As she has no need for chase perks, and she always downs survivors with a basic attack unlike Huntress or Billy, I view Nurse as the best top-tier user of Infectious Blight. Spirit could also make better use of it if it wasn't for her 24m terror radius and the nature of her power (if you down a survivor using your power, you might as well hook them as you'll have a long cooldown before being able to use it in chase again). Doc can also make use of this perk coupled with either M&A or Distressing, as his power already has synergy with these perks.

-As for Dark Devotion, it has all the signs of a meme perk, but which meme build could use it best? It could work on a Rancor/Remember Me build, just hit your obession occasionally to make doors harder to open and hide your terror radius, then kill them at the end so they can't open doors. But as for which killer can use it, if you plan on using it for jumpscares Hillbilly and Nurse are the best bet, while Legion and Doctor can benefit from the terror radius transfer. Doc in fact gets double benefit from being able to keep their static field on the obession while also sneaking up on other survivors. Just remember that, unlike other perks that hide your terror radius, Dark Devotion gives no indication of hiding the red stain.

Comments

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

Dark Devotion could work well on Freddy. If your Obsession is the only one in DW then you smack him and as he's running away people think he's being chased but you're actually on the other side of the map and SURPRISE, you're next #########! No TR means you won't be getting silly Survivors trying to hide and they'll be out in the open.

Freddy--Dark Devotion, Corrupt Intervention, Surveillance, Discordance

Dark Devotion on Pig means she can get to Gens stealthily with normal movement speed since she won't need to crouch.

Pig--Dark Devotion, Unnerving Presence, Surveillance, ''Free Perk Slot''

Has anyone tried Dark Devotion on Legion? How does this effect their FF and tracking?

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

All 3 perks are weak and won't make it to the meta.

Not even on certain killer (like Distressing on Doc or M&A on Myeres).

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Dark devotion could be cool on Doctor but ONLY if it also takes his power and attaches it to the survivor. I think any killer can make some use of this though.

The Corrupt Intervention seems like an easier way for Sniper Doc builds to set up an easy 3 gen strat. This perk seems very nich and far too unreliable.

The Infectious fright seems useless all around.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited March 2019

If only Corrupt Intervention worked on Hex Totems, then i'd standard run that on my Devour Hope build.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

Too early to tell imo. I don't have access to the PTB to try out the Perks...but at a glance from videos and my own feelings as a Killer, only Corrupt Intervention seems decent for some early stall...but even then it becomes an empty slot after 120 seconds

Infectious Fright is a Perk I absolutely LOVE it's design. It will have uses here and there, but unless it's a SWF bully/troll group or just a happenstance that others around, most players will not hang around someone who's getting chased or will be downed.

Dark Devotion is a Perk I want to love...but outside of lower ranks, I can't see this Perk being super effective. At best, Michael Myers, Hag, Spirit and Legion could get some use out of it.

Again too early to tell before everything hits live, but I feel these are decent Perks but may not hit highly used like other "meta" Perks are. But I'm still excited to try em out