Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Chainsaw Sprint vs. Nurse's Blink

No_Mither_No_Problem
No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476
edited June 2018 in General Discussions

Recently it's come to my attention that the Nurse and the Hillbilly have abilities designed for spanning large areas of the map in a few seconds. However, there are extreme differences in the stats and effects between the two.

Nurse's Blink:
-Base speed: 13.33 meters per second
-Travels up to a certain distance, the max of which without addons is roughly equivalent to her Terror Radius
-Can move through walls, though sometimes this is buggy and may not always work
-Overall speed and distance traveled is greatly reduced when Blinking up or down stairs or from a higher floor to a lower one
-Moves in a straight line that can only be altered after the Blink is finished
-Always results in fatigue that makes the Nurse nearly immobile whilst rendering her unable to look up from the ground that increases in scale with the number of Blinks used; only one Addon reduces fatigue duration at the cost of increasing the charge time of the Blink and has less-than-noticeable effects on fatigue time
-Has to be very carefully pre-determined where it will land, and even then has wobbly accuracy at best; can be bypassed with the Plaid Flannel, an Addon of Very Rare quality that allows the Nurse to see where the Blink will land
-Has a short window post-action to perform a short-range lunge that will injure Survivors but drastically increases the fatigue duration if missed
-The Nurse has a base movement speed of 3.85 meters per second (by comparison, a running Survivor moves at 4 mps) to compensate for the mobility her Blinks allow her, forcing her to use Blinks to win chases

Hillbilly's Chainsaw Sprint:
-Base speed: 9.2 meters per second
-Can be steered with and has Addons that greatly assist in steering control
-Will continue to sprint as long as the player does not collide with anything
-Will result in a very short stun period if the Hillbilly collides with anything; if he doesn't, it's even shorter; can be reduced even further with various Addons
-Can be easily stopped whenever the player likes
-Automatically puts Survivors into the Dying state upon a successful hit
-The Hillbilly has the average base movement speed of a Killer at 4.6 mps

I think this speaks for itself. The Blink takes much more discipline and precision than the Chainsaw to use effectively, is much more punitive when used incorrectly (which, again, is very easy to do), and despite moving almost 50% faster than the Chainsaw, will often cover less distance in the same amount of time due to the Blink's fatigue and the fact that the Chainsaw does not have a maximum range.

Something needs to be done about this. Why use the Nurse when the Hillbilly demands much less skill and is more effective by default? The only advantage the Nurse has is on maps full of closed-quarters areas like Lery's Institute and Gideon Meat Plant due to her ability to move through walls, and even then that advantage is lost when these maps still possess long and/or open areas and the Hillbilly is able to chase Survivors down without relying on his secondary power to catch up to them anyways.

Comments

• guest602
    guest602 Member Posts: 149

@SaltyKiller said:
    Thank you Captain Obvious.

Dear sir,
    This is the first time I've ever spoken to you. I didn't even know about your existence a few minutes ago.
    By this fact, I never ever disrespected you.
    So please, stop being rude with me.
    Thank you.

• guest602
    guest602 Member Posts: 149

@SaltyKiller said:

@guest602 said:

@SaltyKiller said:
    Thank you Captain Obvious.

Dear sir,
    This is the first time I've ever spoken to you. I didn't even know about your existence a few minutes ago.
    By this fact, I never ever disrespected you.
    So please, stop being rude with me.
    Thank you.

Why is this written like a Haiku?

This is written like a civilized person should write. There are codes in social life, like "don't be rude to people you don't know" and you are not respecting them. Actually, most of people not respecting them are not older than 10 years old.
    Is that your case? If it is, then I won't write you again, it would be pointless and waste my time.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

@guest602 said:
    As a nurse, you can't counter gen rushing on big maps. I'll give you that.
    But Billy's power doesn't counter pallet looping . And this is the reason why he is weaker than the nurse.

^This.
    The chainsaw might be better on many aspects, but the main advantage of the Nurse's blinks is that she denies loops, while the Hillbilly is still succeptible to them.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

I think you're considering the game without windows and pallets, which is very wrong.
    Nurse is just superior in most aspects, except if survivors do run brainlessly in the open.

• No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476

To everyone saying the Nurse counters pallets and that alone makes her superior:

If you're so impeded by pallets and windows that you need to play a Killer specifically designed to counter them, you need to work on your Killer game.

• olibob06
    olibob06 Member Posts: 26
    Runiver said:

@No_Mither_No_Problem said:
    To everyone saying the Nurse counters pallets and that alone makes her superior:

If you're so impeded by pallets and windows that you need to play a Killer specifically designed to counter them, you need to work on your Killer game.

Listen to that guy people.
    Pallets do not exists and aren't a huge time waster.
    Nurse being the god tier of this game since release is pure coincidence.

Lol 😂
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273

She forces mind games at Pallets and windows instead of the normal straight-forward “I drop Pallet, I vault window, I’m safe”. Fake the window vault. Run past the Pallet, double back, drop, slide if needed. Use corners of buildings, Jungle Gym’s, Rocks, Trees, to force her to make a blind guess where you are, and where you are going to be. In all scenario’s : “She guesses wrong, you win. She guesses right, you lose. You guess what she’s doing right, you win. You guess what she’s doing wrong, she wins.” It’s a mind game of predicting each other’s next move. 

You do realize the whole point of Pallets and Windows is to impede Killers, right? Nurse’s whole trade off with Pallets not impeding her as much is she has to predict the Survivors next course of action, before they even make it. If other Killers weren’t “so impeded by Pallets” then there would be absolutely no reason to play Nurse in the first place. You’d just be making it hard on yourself for no reason. 

If you aren’t being impeded by Pallets or Windows as other Killers, then obviously you’re facing some very crap Survivors who don’t know how to use them. 
  • Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@SaltyKiller said:

@Runiver said:

@No_Mither_No_Problem said:

Listen to that guy people.
    Pallets do not exists and aren't a huge time waster.
    Nurse being the god tier of this game since release is pure coincidence.

Careful, you're probably talking to a college professor who just happens to be a head mod of the DbD Reddit.

That also probably happens to be a nurse expert but that get more 4k as Billy, while playing 90% of survivor. Yup. Very likely.
    I don't want to offend such a person.