The hatch is a reward for failure.

Rex_Huin
Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208

Instead it should take you to a game where someone has disconnected...

Comments

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

Nah

• Pingo
    Pingo Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2019

They should make it so hatch is revealed if there are at most 2 gens left. I think having 3 gens left is too easy to get for survivors. 2 gens can get done really quickly.

Post edited by Pingo on
  • Tarvesh
    Tarvesh Member Posts: 765

The hatch should only appear if:

1. 3 Gens have been completed
    2. Only 1 Survivor is left (should not even appear before this)

The hatch should disappear if:

1. All generators have been completed (once this happens it should be a race for the exit, not a stall for extra hatch points)

If a player uses the hatch to escape they:

1. Recieve less points for a regular escape.
    2. Recieve fewer points over time than the max they could get for a hatch escape. Start points for a hatch around 2,000 then subtract 50 points every 10 seconds and allow it to go negative. This is a race for an escape, not a stealth portion to draw out a game that you’ve already lost.
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I repaired two generators by myself after juking a (noob) Nurse to the point she gave up on chasing me at the start. That's after someone DC'd and another guy suicided on the hook. The hatch would've been my just reward... if I'd found it.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

The hatch is meant to be a reward for doing better than the other survivors not failure.

The concept is to end the game quicker and also around solo play as with the latter you are not punished when you played well if some random person doesn't .

• Rex_Huin
    Rex_Huin Member Posts: 1,208
    edited March 2019

I know it's a terrible idea I even knew it as I was writing it....still it's always fun to talk about the hatch.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

People forget that its "OP" because they found it first. If the killer finds you first [Which is easy just go on a ledge and look around] then you're screwed...

But if the survivor finds it first? Nah that's too OP plz nerf.

• DwikeyMain84
    DwikeyMain84 Member Posts: 107

how about a chest that is blocked by the entity somewhere on the map and in the chest is a key to open the hatch but the chest won't become unblocked until there is only 1 survivor left and 3 or less gens remaining, true you could say the killer could head straight for that chest and it would be the same game as before or instead of it being blocked by the entity the whole game the chest doesn't spawn until there is 1 survivor left and 3 or less gens then the killer and survivor are looking for this chest and if the survivor does find it it isn't like digging through a normal chest, they just run up hit one button and it opens and they get the key but then they still gotta find the hatch and killers can counter this by using up a perk slot to run franklin's demise if they are worried about a hatch stand off. I'm sure there has beens similar ideas but this would give more activity in this particular type end game scenario.

• Warlock_2020
    Warlock_2020 Member Posts: 1,867

If that is true, what is an ebony mori? Sorry, but the hatch is not free. You have to achieve 2 gens, then still find it and get out.

Yes, mori is cutting the game short for players with mini8effort. Not hard to hook a survivor, then tunnel them down as many do. Less work than hatch.

• fcc2014
    fcc2014 Member Posts: 4,388

I did 2 and a half generators and had all 3 teammates dc at various points in the match. 1 at the beginning of the trial, 1 after being tunneled and the other towards the end of the trial. I avoided the spirit even though she had me dead to rights and had an almost 8 minute standoff to earn my escape. The only generators done were the ones i did. The Hatch isn't free get over it.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

I honestly wish they went with the hatch closing mechanics. If the survivor finds it first, they have to go through it instead of waiting to rub their victory over the faces of their killers. If the killer finds it, that's gg for survivor. Unless they had a key or they open a exit gate (which I assume it would become powered).