Playing Solo survivor is not fun

Meme
Meme Member Posts: 275

Geez where do I begin with this one. Idiots saving me in front of the killer, wasting unnecessary pallets, Killers slugging so I can't get the hatch, talking ######### about how I need to get gud, playing solo survivor is so stressful and not worth it anymore. Already busted my computer over the stupidity that goes on in this game. I'm not saying to buff survivors, because we all know that isn't the answer. Just saying to improve solo play compared to swf.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

SWF and the ranking system have ruined the solo experience for me, I barely play solo survivor nowadays....

We need ingame voice comms, there is no other way to solve this problem

• antgnstea
    antgnstea Member Posts: 869

I play mainly solo survivor and I agree sometimes it is more than frustrating. But I can`t think of many ways buffing solo survivor without buffing a 4 man SWF group 4 times.

• Petraaahh
    Petraaahh Member Posts: 208

It's not so bad once you learn to shrug off the bad games. Unfortunately the developers can't buff the i.q. of your fellow survivors so you just have to accept sometimes that your going to have bad games with bad teammates. SWF will always be Superior to solo simply due to the nature of the beast. Coordinated friends vs randoms the former will be better but there isn't much in game to do about it... Perhaps a commend or avoid system though those rarely seem to make much difference in games that implement them.

• Tarvesh
    Tarvesh Member Posts: 765

I play solo survivor because I don’t have friends on the PS4 that play DBD. I find it to be a lot of fun.

Sure, you get the occasional unlucky game where the killer finds you first and focuses you down. But most of the time I find that I’m able to do pretty well on my own, and that only being able to rely on myself or my limited communication abilities with other survivors has made me better at the game.

• Gamzello
    Gamzello Member Posts: 828

How would it be possible to improve solo exactly? I mean if solos had an advantage as well it wouldn’t be fair for everyone else. I’m saying this as a solo player myself.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    edited March 2019

To fix this issue it needs 2 steps do be done by the devs:

1. Closing the gap between solo and swf as much as possible WITHOUT just adding voice communication for solos (yes I'm fully aware that they will never be the same without voice communication, but that's not the goal, the goal is to close it as much as possible cuz currently the gap is huge af)

2. Changes to the ranking system so boosted animals won't be at high ranks. One thing needed is to make pipping harder, the other thing I thought about is to separate the rank of swf and solo. So as survivor you have 2 different ranks, one for solo and one for SWF. With that, boosted swf survivors won't destroy the balance in solo Q.

• Kaelum
    Kaelum Member Posts: 994
    edited March 2019

@Meme & @HavelmomDaS1

On the PTB there is a new scaling ranking system, that should do a much better job at placing players into their proper ranks. The current system is a complete joke, as anyone who just plays the game for any amount of time will make it to rank 1 w/o even knowing how to play the game. Take a look at the PTB notes, and you’ll see exactly how much more difficult it is going to be to reach the higher ranks, and to stay in them.

P.S. There are some bugs in the emblems on the PTB right now, but it is showing that players are deranking from being in the wrong (higher) rank that they are currently in. Even the best players are struggling to stay in the red ranks.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Um.... Red Ranks btw

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    edited March 2019

Ok why do you always say this? Firstly, I don't want a 12 yr old screaming in my ear while I'm across the map doing gens cause they're being camped. Or if they're crying about anything really. Secondly, that is NOT the solution to solo being downright boring, a good solution would be to make it more interactive. Right now the only interactive thing about solo is chasing. Hence why everyone loves to get chased. Adding a secondary objective where you could find parts to add a mini BNP of 10% to a gen would be perfect. Obviously toolboxes, Ruin and BNP would need reworks but it could be done. I mean to find a part, you could go to some object like the Pigs things and succeed difficult skill checks to get this object. The killers would not be able to see the things though and the survivors get the aura once they've repaired 10% of it by hand.

I'll make a thread about it maybe, btw if you respond send me an @Poweas so I get the notification but trust me, voice comms are not the way.

• ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG
    ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG Member Posts: 359

The fact that swf have such a huge advantage makes me want to main killer. Solo survivor just sucks

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    edited March 2019

Y’all wild I prefer solo , then I don’t have to partake in stupid swf decisions(and they make a lot of dumb ones) unless I’m on a team with good players which is honestly broken Bc we’re too good the killer MIGHT get a 1-2k (which is why i don’t swf much, but also I like my friends yo).

Solo much more challenging and rewarding. Oh and I use stealth , not second chance perks. I solo to rank 1 each season and you guys have the nerve to come on my busted billy post and try to call me a bad player when you can’t have any good solo experiences to the point you think it’s not viable is LAUGHABLE TO ME.🤘👉👉

anyways to be a good solo, stealth builds are the direction you want to go with a team aura perk so you can keep tabs on what your mates are doing and what they need. Also bringing a charged medkit with speed addon saves you a perk slot so you don’t have to run sc.

also again run stealth Bc you aren’t on the swf priority list, you’re a solo and therefore expendable to most of them.

most killers run an aura perk so distortion is fantastic. It helps you identify which ones they are running(assuming you know your killer perks and how they work) also saves you time from having to hide in lockers.

Your welcome.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

As someone who has no friends on DbD, I am forced to play solo Survivor all the time. And you know what? I love it. It just means that I can truly rely on my own abilities instead of others' (well, we do rely on others, but you get my point). Such as figuring out the Killer's playstyle or their loadout.

If you want to play with friends, thats fine by me. But the solo experience, the true way the game was designed around and meant to be played (dont try coming to me with that quote from that one stream about SWF being intended), is extremely fun. Sure, escape rate compared between solos and SWF is massive. Sure, you might get potatoes on your groups. Sure, you will get outplayed. Despite all that, the solo experience is a lot more enjoyable.

I consider voice communication as part of the base game extremely unnecessary. It wont kill the game for me, as you will most likely be able to disable it (and I would do it in a blink of an eye). But its value will certainly go down just because people will expect you to have it on. Who knows though? Maybe I am biased. I honestly dont even care about the gap between SWF and solos.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

I find solo continues to grow more fun for me. I accept that teammates are usually self focused and expect little to no aid in return. Killer is gonna do whatever they want or feel is necessary and only forces me to improve. And I hope that voice comms is never pushed on me for the sake of balance. Nothing ruins a game faster for me than annoying background noise that has nothing to do with the game.

• KreepyMF
    KreepyMF Member Posts: 28

Please do not suggest in game comm - allow me to enjoy my horror games in an isolated manner. The gestures we already have encourages childish moves.. what next? Emotes?

I have options to SWF but sometimes solo is more fun on a stealth build.. change up your styles it's worth it

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

In game comms is the single most stupidest idea that people could suggest. the beauty of the game is that you don't have to listen to some snarky pillock telling you what to do. I agree the level of your fellow survivors ranges from 1- being awesome to 20 being completely backwards thinking. However this is with every, single, online multiplayer game out there - want solid strats and conversation - find more friends who play and play with them - or get Friday 13th xD

• TeambossFloze

@KreepyMF if they ever bring in emotes or in game comms I quit this game for good. I'm happy with my point and beckon - id like a SHHHH or a WAIT signal - or maybe the survivor can whistle when on the hook (stage 1 only) to alert ppl its safe

• TeambossFloze

@ATOMIC_ACE_PUGG please reroll as killer - we need more !!

• Kaelum

There is one really good thing that everyone can learn about the voice comm responses here, those who hate them as survivor, are most definitely extremely bad players. Even if voice comms were added to the PC game (they already exist on console), there would not be anything that forces you to use them, so every one of those arguments is moot. Making it to rank 1 under the current system doesn’t mean #########. Anyone, can get to rank 1 under the current system. Including those who know absolutely nothing about the game.

Once the new ranking system goes into effect, you’ll have a better idea of exactly where you fit, and where you should have been all along. This is going to hurt some of your egos, but 90% of you are not as good as you think you are. I play everything, Killer, SWF, and solo survivor. Out of all these, solo survivor is by far the most unfun part of the game, due to lack of communication, and survivors who are definitely playing at a rank seriously beyond their abilities. I look forward to the changes, and you should be too.

• HeroLives
    edited March 2019

The community already can’t handle text chat, adding in game comms is a terrible idea in my humble opinion. People take this game incredibly too seriously and already can’t act right.

There are killer perks that can be ran cough aura perks cough that’s going to cover you for swf Bc I promise all they are talking about is map awareness and if they are a good team not even that. It’s just a bunch of talking about game updates and what we think about them. and “is anyone coming to get you?””y’all better be doing generators””stop effin around and help me do this” and uhhh oh yeah “will someone hurry up and pop a gen I have adrenaline”. that’s it fam you’re not missing much.

Killer aura perks also give you map awareness. Run those and you’ll get most swf Bc they usually don’t run counters to aura perks so they’re easier to pull up on. I see them die to it all the time.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@Kaelum we suck for not wanting voice comms built into every match? Not all of us want a kid screaming cause he’s dying in the game or someone’s music.

• Meme
    Meme Member Posts: 275

Seeing many people talk about voice comms, and I say they should implement it but have the ability to turn it off mid game. I feel like people should be given more options but not take it if they want more of a challenge and not deal with the kids screaming every second.

• Kaelum
    edited March 2019

@TreemanXD you obviously either didn’t fully read my post, or you have trouble understanding it. Which is it? I clearly wrote a response to your post, before you even wrote it.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

@Kaelum oh you’re talking about the party system, sorry I read it wrong.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

The ranking system is part of the problem. Solo survs should be matched with players on a similar skill level but at the moment, players often aren't on the rank they belong to.

Also in general, solo survs need more information to get closer to SWF and killers need buffs in order to compensate for that.

• KreepyMF
    KreepyMF Member Posts: 28

@kaelum with my stealth build as solo I'm able to save and heal my TMs quietly and quickly. Because I am aware of what my own youngsters shout at the game when it's not going there way does not make me a bad player because I do not want to communicate. Do survivors have walkie talkies in horror films? The option of mute would be pointless.. people will play more childish and unsportsmanlike because they'll assume you're listening to them. I read your post fine and it begun with a very narrow minded opinion.

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167

Can’t relate— that’s just you’re opinion. I play a solo all the time, and it’s much more enjoyable than SWF— from a gameplay standpoint. I usually mess around if it’s a SWF, but when I have a group like that, I usually go to KYF.

• Kaelum

The simple fact that you thought that my post was referring to you, is proof enough that it does. So it appears that you are the “narrow minded” person here.

• Watery
    Watery Member Posts: 1,167

Don’t even. Just because you’ve had some bad experience doesn’t mean that you’re only going to have bad experience. The post is opinionated, you need to expect opinions. A narrow mind is okay, but you need to stop tearing each ones apart and respect one another; it’s a forum, for DISCUSSION.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

Not exactly.

In this new Ranking system Rank 4 will be the new Rank 1 with the majority of players in between Rank 5 and 12. Anyone with enough time will be able to get to Rank 4 just as it is now at Rank 1. It doesn't really change anything.

• HeroLives
    edited March 2019

I’d say that swf with comms are bad players a good majority of the time Bc I watch them as a solo repeatedly farm each other to death in red ranks, I watch them not counter aura perks, I watch them literally sandbag each other instead of trying to run the killer somewhere where progression has already been made. Sometimes I’m the only one doing gens Bc they can’t handle ruin. Don’t call solos bad players when I see red rank swf doing things that mid ranks do and lower so lulz I personally can’t wait for the new ranking hoping it weeds some of them out.

• Kaelum
    edited March 2019

Nice troll BTW, have fun under the bridge, while we have a discussion. I presented an opion with facts, while you didn’t present anything, or even contribute to the thread,

DON’T FEED THE TROLLS

• NewChapterAdmin
    NewChapterAdmin Member Posts: 2

Well I have a big issue, I can't see the teammates rank, so I don't know if I'm playing with high or lower ranks until the end of the game...

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    edited March 2019

Yeah I've just had trolls all night. One who was farming and bodyblocking everyone, the killer left them alone too despite seeing them. Not sure id they were friends or not.

Then the next one someone did a last second change to flashlight/ds. I knew I should have quit out but played on instead. They ended up farming everyone and didnt touch any gens.

Games just wasted to troll survivors.