Survival Instinct - Fanmade Chapter Idea

Magnus13
Magnus13 Member Posts: 74
edited March 2019 in Creations

Survivor - Alexander Herondale

A character who has been defined by pain. He learned that people sometimes do bad things. He knows that, and was taught that lesson when he was taken by a guy outside of an airport. His life was ended there, by his own hands. And he learned that when people fight you… you need to fight back.

PERSONAL PERKS - Alexander’s perks are about surviving when the Going gets tough.

1st) Fight Back - There is no particular reason to go forth, except to do something for others. You gain the ability to lunge, gaining a 20% movement speed for 2 seconds. You are stunned for 1 second after this time. If you hit the Killer, they will be stunned for 3 seconds. Causes exhaustion for 40/35/30 seconds.

2nd) Connections - There is a Bond between you and I. When you and another player are the last survivors remaining, you will see eachother for the rest of the trial. When one of you sees the killer directly, the killers aura will be revealed for 1/1.5/2 seconds. This effect lasts as long as the killer is in sight.

3rd) Desperation - Sometimes, you cannot win. This perk can be activated once per game. The Hatch will open and be revealed to other players. However, the Hatch becomes inaccessible to you, and your aura is shown to the killer for 20/15/10 seconds. This ability can only be used once the Hatch appears.

The Lycanthrope (werewolf) - Killer

A beast of the moon, disguised under a layer of skin. You are skilled at killing.

POWER) You have the ability to transform between your Wolf and human self. While human you move at 100% movement speed, but have no terror radius, and you can run, walk and crouch. You cannot see tracks but you can hide in lockers. While a Wolf you move at 115% movement speed and have a 35 meter terror radius. You have keen scent as a Wolf and are prompted when you are in a spot a Survivor has been in the last 60 seconds.

MORI) Human MORI - You cut yourself on the wrist with your knife and let the blood fall between your fingers, onto the Survivor. Then you crouch down and bite them on the shoulder, hard. They go limp and you pick them up over your head, before throwing them.

MOR) Werewolf MORI - You draw blood from the Survivor, using your claws, before stabbing them in the eyes. You shake the blood from the claws before standing.

PERSONAL PERKS

1st) Moonlight - You are stronger than a normal man. When stunned, you gain a token, caps at 5. Every time you hit a player, you consume a token and they will suffer from a random negative effect.

2nd) Sore Eyes - Exhaustion weighs down the most determined of people. You can strain your eyes, and will be alerted if you see anything moving. Cooldown of 60 seconds. (Note: you wouldn’t want to use this on Rotten Fields or the Swamp, because of the moving reeds.)

3rd) Food Chain - You learn as things happen. You recover from stuns and blinds 5%/7%/10% faster for every time you get stunned. Every time you kick a Generator, it regresses 5%/6%/7% faster every time. Every time you hit a Survivor, heals take 1%/2%/3% longer. (Note: basically everything is more efficient. Also POWERS don’t get more efficient)

MAP CONDITIONS:

As a Wolf gets burned if touched by clean silver, i decided to make a map with Clean and dirty silver, cause why not)

Stationed around the map are knives of clean silver, which can be used to stun the Killer if you get whacked (the survivor won’t take damage). Once a knife is used, it becomes a Dirty Silver Blade, and is dropped. The Killer can collect the blades (although only the Human can use them) and hit survivors. The wounds will become infected and will take damage the Survivor, placing them in Dying State.

Post edited by Magnus13 on

Comments

• KreepyMF
    KreepyMF Member Posts: 28

Those perks would be pretty damn sweet!

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Most likely would be a killer slouched back, with the chapter name being Survival Instinct, it would be some sort of animal, werewolf would be nice to see

• Magnus13

Actually, i was thinking of a lycanthrope @Hoodedfengm1n

• TheNamedStranger
    TheNamedStranger Member Posts: 17

First of all, great concept! A werewolf killer would be sweet! Some suggestions: one, for the scent thing, I think 60 seconds is a huge a window for where a survivor was. That's a lot of time to move completely on the other side of the map or something, you know? It feels a little pointless at that circumstance. Unless of course if was meant to be confusing for the killer! Just my thoughts! Two, for Sore Eyes, I think it could track exclusively moving Survivors if one was concerned about environmental interference. Unless, once again, it was fully intentional to have room for such confusion. With Desperation, if it's only accessible when the hatch is available, doesn't that mean there'd only be one player left? I love this perk I just think it should be able to be activated sooner, with more players. Perhaps after the exit gates are ready to be opened, they could opt for the hatch! Again, great work! That Moonlight perk and the knife element sounds really cool!

• Magnus13

The scent was designed so it wouldn’t be OP, but if it‘s near a Generator you could use it to determine. Also, although I didn’t specify, music would play to the killer, the louder the more recent the survivor was there.

Sore Eyes is perhaps a bad perk, but the environmental disturbance was there intentionally. Maybe I’ll make it so at Lvl3 it tracks survivors exclusively.

Desperation is not able to be used once there is one survivor. It can be used as soon as the hatch becomes visible.

• Magnus13
    edited March 2019

Werewolf addons:

Silver Arrow - (common) you are stunned for a slightly shorter time.

Clean Sweep - (common) the transformation from Human to Wolf takes slightly less time.

Leap Of Fate - (uncommon) while human you break obstacles moderately faster.

Moon - (uncommon) prevent the appearance of 2 Silver knives.

Night - (uncommon) call on the Entity to summon 2 extra Silver Knives.

Lycanthropy - (rare) When hiding in lockers as a human, if you lunge out at players you will deal double damage.

(more coming)

• TheNamedStranger
    TheNamedStranger Member Posts: 17

I totally understand! They were good perks, and they do make sense from an intentionally difficult perspective. I was just curious about that very thing! Also, the Desperation perk was my bad understanding, thanks for the clarification. I enjoy this nonetheless! Keep it up!