If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Is Stream Sniping Bannable?

Options
Okkoner
Okkoner Member Posts: 33

??

Comments

• nooxet
    nooxet Member Posts: 88
    Options

No.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    Options
    Its a grey zone. I dont think you'll get a clear answer here.
  • beatddb
    beatddb Member Posts: 565
    Options

Why would it be? If a streamer put his link on his name (like most of them do) they cant complaing

• Okkoner
    Okkoner Member Posts: 33
    Options

@beatddb said:
    Why would it be? If a streamer put his link on his name (like most of them do) they cant complaing

Yeah that's what I was thinking, If they have a direct link to their stream on their name don't they kinda deserve to be sniped?

• RATT
    RATT Member Posts: 33
    Options

It's not bannable as far as my knowledge goes. A streamer has the ability to keep viewers from Stream sniping if they cared enough to do so. I hate seeing streamers complain about sniping, but not cover their screen, the players names, etc, or take precaution to prevent sniping from happening. Plus, what @beatddb said.

• Thatbrownmonster
    Thatbrownmonster Member Posts: 1,640
    Options

It's a streamers fault if they get snipped

I hope I am correct but streamers can put a delay on their stream to stop this, but then they cannot interact that fast with the chat

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

It's in the rules. So it's bannable, yes.
    Now, to prove it is hard, unless someone truly admits it.

• Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543
    Options

@Runiver said:

show me those rules

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

@Sarief said:

@Runiver said:

show me those rules

https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/364040166692923523/

Some of the bannable offenses:
    -Streaming hostile, hateful behaviour.
    -Stream sniping
    -Achievement hacks, in any way, shape or form.
    -Illicit ways to obtain inventory items
    -Using third-party site or software to join specific games
    -Being a bot

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    edited June 2018
    Options

Stream sniping is indeed bannable but like Runiver pointed out it is almost impossible to prove it unless the person is stupid and admits to doing it. I dont have any sympathy for streamers that get sniped tho. There is plenty of counter measures that can be taken and the ones that are lazy and don't well that is their fault. A good start is not putting your twitch name as your actual steam name and having a link to your twitch in your profile description.

• goldseeker22
    goldseeker22 Member Posts: 75
    Options

@SadonicShadow said:
    Stream sniping is indeed bannable but like Runiver pointed out it is almost impossible to prove it unless the person is stupid and admits to doing it. I dont have any sympathy for streamers that get sniped tho. There is plenty of counter measures that can be taken and the ones that are lazy and don't well that is their fault. A good start is not putting your twitch name as your actual steam name and having a link to your twitch in your profile description.

what about people that put twitch in their name? they know the killer can see it. issnt it basicly an invitation?

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

@goldseeker22 said:

@SadonicShadow said:

what about people that put twitch in their name? they know the killer can see it. issnt it basicly an invitation?

Yes, i mentioned that in my post. I dont know why people do that but it pretty much is asking to get sniped.

• Sarief
    Sarief Member Posts: 543
    Options

@Runiver said:

@Sarief said:

@Runiver said:

show me those rules

https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/364040166692923523/

Some of the bannable offenses:
    -Streaming hostile, hateful behaviour.
    -Stream sniping
    -Achievement hacks, in any way, shape or form.
    -Illicit ways to obtain inventory items
    -Using third-party site or software to join specific games
    -Being a bot

ok. Wierd point but thanks for pointing :)

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    i snipe on ps4 occasionally.  generally, when it is "night of the tryhard killer".
  • RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    Options

@Okkoner said:
    ??

If:

Sniping - playing with a streamer who has a link to his stream at his profile/name, watching it to gain additional info on his position, etc, and doing it RANDOMLY (playing with him randomly), then NO

Sniping - watching a stream of a streamer, then trying to join his lobby, play with him to ruin his game experience multiple times, then YES