can someone explain the lore to me ?

Options
gcardoso
gcardoso Member Posts: 35

So i read something about entity and realm and characters back story but i cant really relate all.. can someone tell me the lore since beggining ?

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

The story "starts" with Benedict Baker going to an American town called Weeks (if I'm not mistaken), to investigate the unusually high rate of disappearances there. He was then taken by the Entity, to the Fog.

He documented many things about the Fog: some of its rules (escape or survive and you go to the campfire, for example), its ruler (the Entity), the killers, the survivors, the hooks, and even the Bloodweb.

It's not really possible to summarize the lore in its totality in a format that is readable because it's very extensive. I recommend you go to the official wiki (deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com) and just start reading flavor text on all the perks, items, add-ons, killers, etc..

• Snikers
    Snikers Member Posts: 64
    Options

No, don't just binge the wiki, that's crazy. Here's what you need to get started:

The Entity is a creature from outside our reality that feeds on strong emotions such as fear and hope. It's plucked several people from our reality; some of which it makes killers and some of which it makes survivors. To generate strong emotions, it pits killers and survivors against each other in trials; these trials are the games you play. When survivors escape a match, they find themselves back at the campfire you see in the title screen; when they die, the Entity reforms their bodies and returns them to the campfire to await the next match. Little is known about the Entity, but it is very different from ourselves; the game maps are built off of killers' memories, but discordant and strange because the Entity doesn't really understand how our world works.

That's the basic, commonly-agreed on lore that you need to know. From there, you can read character backstories and item descriptions at your own pace to fill in the gaps and draw your own conclusions.

• gcardoso
    Options

Hum i see what i dont understand is if this "trials" and campfire are some kind of dream kinda like elm street's movies or if they are all dead and awakened in that world... or is the souls of them that go to that campfire in night/day/death... Hope they give more info about their game on future, specially about what happen to the survivors/killers on the trials beside campfire

• Snikers
    Snikers Member Posts: 64
    Options

The official website has a lore section, though it's clear Behaviour hasn't been very dedicated to updating it. You may want to give it a read:

As for everything else, you're heading into the realms of conjecture. I think the Entity's realm was once described as a place outside reality that human minds can only reach by dreaming, but I can't find an official source for that. At least some of the characters (mostly the ones licensed from other franchises) are dead, but it's not clear if they all are.

A lot of the game's lore is still a mystery, and deliberately so. You may also want to check out Behaviour's lore stream, but if you're not already comfortable with the basics the finer details might be confusing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI0NOK6jrts

(start at 17:10)

• gcardoso
    Options

alright thanks.. as too the franchise characters... tbh i dont think any of it is dead.. at least laurie and quentin arent ( in the movies )