The ultimate slugging build

Options
tt_ivi_99
tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

Infectious Fright, Distressing, Knock Out, Deerstalker.

Just gonna leave this here for all those Nurse and Billy players out there...

I hope your saltmeter doesnt blow up, mine is starting to get some big numbers...

Comments

• ClogWench
    ClogWench Member Posts: 2,582
    Options

I'd run Third Seal over Knockout. Risky but much more powerful effect.

• tt_ivi_99
    Options

@ClogWench

Yh I thought about Third Seal but totems suck so... I'll keep Knock Out :)

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

Not actually good for Billy. Infectious Fright only triggers when you down with your main weapon.

• Hex_Flex
    Hex_Flex Member Posts: 132
    Options

Its going to be godly with Dead rabbit t3 myers then.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814
    edited March 2019
    Options

Why even slug when ds will be unusable after the patch with this perk kicks in?

And why distressing? Infectious, knock out, monitor and abuse with nurses calling or whispers would do way better at slugging all 4.

Even if they scream 40m away from you it gives you nothing really if they decide to play stealthy, while screaming withing small terror radius gives you chance to get them quickly, not memtioning seeing heals outside it.

Only time i can approve of distressing will be on Spirit or Dogtor.

Edit: But maybe I overestimate survivor mains now. The ammount of stupid ######### i see daily at rank 1 suggests your build will work just fine xD.

• TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    edited March 2019
    Options

Do this with Legion and third seal instead of distressing. Maybe replace infectious fright with bloodhound too.

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474
    Options

Slugging isn't done just to avoid decisive strike. Slugging can, done properly, create more pressure by allowing the killer to down survivors and then not have to waste time hooking them, locked into animations for several seconds at the beginning and end of the process. I'm not fond of trying to slug all 4 before hooking them, but it's often a good idea to slug one, down a second, and then hook only one of them and try to slug anyone who goes for the save.

• tt_ivi_99
    Options

@HazeHound

Sometimes I just want to create salt, that's why 😂

Also, saying the perk work work because of it's range is kinda dumb, BBQ works perfectly and it has 40m as well...

• tt_ivi_99
    Options

@thesuicidefox

Really? I just tried this build on the ptb with a friend that plays PC amd we only tried with the Nurse, sucks to find Out It doesnt work with Billy :'(

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    Options
  • tt_ivi_99
    Options

Are you a magician as well? They can crawl you know... 😂

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,997
    Options

After reading this, I had to buy several gallons and buckets for salt, and even they are full!

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

Eeeeeeeviiiillllll

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

Deerstalker and KNockout are required for any SLug build.

So it's what other 2 work...

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

Tbh it will only work versus newer or immersed players.

Those who flashlight will still run in as they will loop like crazy if seen, half the time you see them anyway as they want to be seen doing the clicky clicky to get your attention, even swf with hook swarming won't care as again you see them running in before pick up.

The others well empathy or bond will show someone in a chase and they will just get out of dodge like they normally do.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

I mean technically it does, but you can't chainsaw them.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

Didn't they say Infectious Fright would show auras? Or am I completely wrong and misread?

IF would also be useless on a Trapper who focuses on trap grabs.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

@Shad03

Latest patch notes on the ptb changed it to locations as that was what it was always meant to be.

"Fixed an issue that caused Infectious Fright to show auras instead of their locations. The description has been updated accordingly."