Eveline Member Posts: 2,340

No.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Don't feel like it

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Nah, i think it's a good reward.

Seeing 4 get healed fully is pretty disheartening, but i don't feel i should complain.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I have mixed feelings towards this perk, no doubt one of my favorite survivor perks. I can’t deny it is a bit OP, both sides have OP things. It is OP for the exact reasons @Orion said.

• BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606

When that thana & sloppy meta don’t work for those without self care xD

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Doesn't change the fact that it's a perk that has multiple effects that, by themselves, are already fairly powerful. You're talking about an insta-heal, long-duration Sprint Burst that activates when you're already winning (as if you'd need a bigger advantage at that point) and ignores Exhaustion, the very mechanic the devs introduced to prevent people from stacking multiple movement speed buffs together.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

It isn't.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    edited March 2019

The problem for the community with this perk happens when the non-healing changed into the meta, same with noed. It's just complains.

• Orion

I re-read the thread, but I can't seem to find how your comment is relevant to whether or not Adrenaline is OP.

• NuclearBurrito

Kinda like NOED.

Which was indeed nerfed to hell (compared to what it was before)

• Orion
    edited March 2019

NOED gives you a pitiful movement speed boost, doesn't guarantee you'll actually catch anyone, and won't prevent stuns or blinds (arguably the only equivalents killers have to "damage"). And yes, as you said, it was indeed nerfed to hell, having become the first perk that can be permanently disabled before it ever activates as part of its base functionality.

• Orion
  • NuclearBurrito

Not that it stopped them from nerfing it anyway

• Orion

But that's my point, they're only similar in that they both give movement speed buffs. Other than that, they have different effects. You might say they have complimentary effects, since one heals and the other exposes, but complimentary is almost the opposite of similar.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I don't think it's OP (even if it is a pretty big feelbad when it they time the last gen pop just roght), but I think it's dumb as hell that it wakes up a sleeping Survivor.

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772

The only thing that should be changed while running Adrenalin is: When you're hooked, the final gen pops, you then get unhooked, you should not get the benefit of the perk.

• Orion

@Brady I'll address your comment tomorrow, since it's getting late where I live. However, I'll say right away that I appreciate you explaining your PoV in more detail.

• bendermac
    bendermac Member Posts: 772

NOED is a clutch perk and not a crutch perk.

The fun thing about NOED is

• Does the Killer have it?
    • Did the SV cleanse all totems?

If the final gen is popped you as the Killer either smile that did activate and yet you hope it will last long enough. As a SV you just hope it didn't activate. But if it does, you hope to come across the totem before the Killer finds you. I find it much more fun then annoying.

Adrenaline however can have a devastating effect for the Killer. After a hard chase you're finally in reach to get that final blow or you did finally down them and then HOOOONK the final gen pops, the SV is fully healed or back on his feet and runs away.

• NuclearBurrito

False equivocation. While yes they both have comparable effects they are still independent perks. So either of them can individually be OP without the other being OP. Thus reworking/nerfing one does not imply that the other needs a rework/nerf too

• NurseMainBTW
    NurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531

Correct. Make it so that NOED actually requires the killer to do something else other than being bad at it's job.

inb4: "just cl34nse totems xd" I already do, dw.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796

Adrenaline itself isn't OP. The fact that it is a win more for the obnoxiously powerful gen rush and can be easily coordinated beyond the Killer's control in CWF is OP.

Also being saved while on the hook to be used at it's most powerful is absurd. No other perk has zero counterplay like that. Why isn't Bloodwarden saved until a gate is open?

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

If Adrenaline would trigger under the same conditions, but also only after all Dull Totems are cleansed before the 5th Generator...woo boy...

• NuclearBurrito

Personally I'd want survivor perks to be at the level of unbreakable. Useful but situational. For Killers I'd say Whispers is a good baseline. Again useful but it's not going to carry the game for you or anything.

Yes Whispers is LESS situational than unbreakable. However the survivors also have 4 times as many perks so it evens out

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@NuclearBurrito I think both are disliked for similar reasons. It can help save the match for both (though if survivors are doing poorly, they're likely not getting to end game) and comes at a surprise. It's like you're about to escape and bam! NOED goes off and the killer hits you down and catches you. You're about to catch the survivor and bam! Adrenaline goes off and now they're fully healed or up off the ground. I think people have an issue with NOED because a lot of killers who don't do well use it to make up for their lack of skill and you'll often not get as much points. End game builds are cool, though. Don't usually run them since many solo games don't actually see end game. People aren't coordinated.

• SK92
    SK92 Member Posts: 18

Hmmmm NOED = 5 totems to cleanse and the condition is gone

Would like if the Extra speed being a different perk as hope does

And NOED just for the one hit

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

It's unfair against Freddy because the perk also awake you and it shouldn't.

• NoodleLegs
    NoodleLegs Member Posts: 317

i saw someone say that adrenaline shouldn't wake people up but it's like?? have you never get a rush of adrenaline in the middle of the night and you wake up in a cold sweat?

scientifically, this perk is perfect. adrenaline wakes you up, it gets your heart beating, you're able to do things that you couldn't do without it. like lift cars off of children or something. in dbd, adrenaline gets your heart pumping and you get healed, you're going to escape! then you get chainsawed after getting tunneled that whole game anyways because killers won't leave you alone even though your team got the game done and you've just been getting chased so you have to pallet loop and stun him many times °)-(°

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Haven't you heard? Adrenaline opens all the gates and teleports you straight through the exit.

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

Can be totally negated, by completing your objective as Killer. Completing the sacrifice on the Survivor before the 5th gen is powered.