Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Havent you learned anything from DS?

tt_ivi_99
tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

I hope this is some kind of bad joke...

Apparently we'll have a new perk called Mettle of Man coming with the new survivor... Another second chance perk? Seriously? Cant you realize that it's DS all over again?

I feel like now is the time to let you devs know that something like this cant be conceived... I beg you to remove this perk right now, you still have time to think about something else. Dont even try to balance it and forget about it, seriously. Just release a killer with 2 perks if you have to but dont let this perk make it live, not even the PTB, just no.

Im starting to get tired of survivors being rewarded for losing and making mistakes and killers getting little to nothing if they play good. If Im honest... Im not gonna play against another DS perk. Just like daddy Mat said... There are other games... I guess I'll try Civilization, it's a fun game according to him...

And I also want you devs to know one more thing... I really liked this chapter and patch, for real. You've done more good than wrong with the 2.6.0, even tho people dont talk about it. Pretty good job so far :)

Comments

• BillyIII
    BillyIII Member Posts: 365

It's a real-money-only dlc, of course it needs strong perks.

• Kagrenac
    Kagrenac Member Posts: 773

3 hits means you get a hook before it can activate

If they give it a duration of activation before deactivating again it'd be fine

• The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688

The answer is no, they haven't learned anything.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Yeah I'm sorry but for me this will be the braking point...

• Incirion
    Incirion Member Posts: 612

The way it reads when i look at it, and HOPEFULLY the way it actually works, sounds like it's just going to be an unmissable dead hard. If they still get the speed boost from the hit, then it's incredibly broken, but if they just ignore the hit, then there should be no problem. Wonder how it will work with Legion and deep wound?

• aztyn
    aztyn Member Posts: 22

This is only ds levels (if im reading the perk correctly) if you continuously hit them and they get away to heal though.

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

It looks less like the new Decisive Strike and more like a second Dead Hard that can be stacked with the original, allowing you to dodge 2 hits for free making a 1 minute chase take the entire game instead.

• Incirion

because requiring being hit FOUR times instead of twice can extend the length of the chase by quite some time.

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474

I meant that it would turn a 1 minute chase into a multi-minute chase because you now have to hit them 4 times. One to get them injured, one to eat the new perk, one hit is denied by them using dead hard to extend the loops, and then the final hit downs them. Now imagine every survivor running this.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942
  • Incirion

But when Quentin released, Vigil was pretty ######### great, because Exhaustion expired while you were still running. So you pair Vigil with Sprint Burst and you get multiple Sprint Bursts in one chase.

• Saint_Ukraine
    Saint_Ukraine Member Posts: 942

Yeah, it's basically Dead Hard without the need of timing it. Imagine using it along with Dead Hard? Talk about a long chase. What would be better is if it worked like Dead Hard, so you didn't take damage, but they get no distance from it. But even then, it's still strong. Survivors would be able to run serious "waste the killer's time" builds.

Dead Hard, Decisive Strike, Mettle of Man, Adrenaline, and an Insta-Heal Medkit. There's a meta build right there.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

I don't think it means what you think it does. Basically it says it is disabled when you get downed. Lets go on this series of events if this works like I think it does:

A: You get hit twice and are now downed. You get hooked and then unhooked but are immediately downed again. You have now been hit 3 times so the perk activates. However you were just downed so it deactivates. The perk is now not active

B: You get hit once and then heal back up. You then get hit twice and are now downed. The perk refreshes like in case A.

C: You get hit twice and are now downed. You are hooked and then unhooked, your unhooker heals your back to full. The killer comes back and hits you. The perk is now active and will absorb the next attack.

D: You get hit and then heal back to full on 2 separate occasions without getting downed. The Killer injures you again and now the perk activates and will absorb the next attack.

In cases C and D if you were to then heal back to full then your aura would be revealed while the perk remains active. Note how in both cases you NEED to successfully escape the Killer and put work in to get it meaningfully active. Even using an instant heal doesn't cut it.

• The_Crusader

C is the most likely scenario by far, that's generally how the games go.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

I said Myers. Not Halloween. DS is one perk out of 6 that came with that chapter. All others? Absolute crap or situational.

• NuclearBurrito

Absolutely. But note that there is a corresponding scenario where the Killer stops it which is ALSO common

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

It's fine, It's a brain dead dead hard for people that are thrash at timing it and has a down side the killer will know the survivor location until next time he down said survivor.

That will make the survivor an easy target for Rancor/Noed in the end game.

The way the perk is described make think than any insta down will by pass the perk

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

@NuclearBurrito

You are reading the perk wrong.

The perk clearly state that once activated the NEXT time you are supposed to be downed from the injured stat to the dying stat it will save you and then once you fully heal the killer will see you until you get downed again

• tt_ivi_99

@NuclearBurrito

It punishes the killer if he tries to go after different people in the middle of a chase, something it's needed to apply preassure and not get gen rushed.

• NuclearBurrito

Yes? Seems to me like as good a purpose as any for a perk to fulfill.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited March 2019

Can we also consider that this Perk is not intended to be seen yet?

The basics sound pretty dreadful, but maybe they'll change the idea completely in the future.

Maybe a hopeless...hope of mine, but not a bad possibility either.

• tt_ivi_99

@NuclearBurrito

My point is:

Why the killer gets punished if he is not tunneling, he is playing how the devs wanted killers to play (hurt people and make them waste time instead of nerfing gen speed), and he is getting people down?

Why do survivors get rewarded after they get hit 3 times? That's 3 times they ######### up and they get rewarded for it...

Why do killers always get nothing from playing good and instead they have to rely on luck (totems, maps, survivors messing up) and cant have a match in which the result is determinated by their skill? (Something Thanatophobia was gonna make)

• tt_ivi_99
    edited March 2019

@Boss

I seriously hope that's the case.

If Im honest... I think they leaked this on purpose, I mean... They might know that this perk in particular could be like a new DS and they might want to know what the community feels about it so that they can either continue with the perk or just change it.

Edit: Forgot to tag you :)

• The_Crusader
    edited March 2019

Heres the issue with it...

What are two things people hate the most when playing killer?

1) Toxic survivors with (old) Decisive Strike

2) Toxic survivors with Object of Obsession

Now we have a perk that combines them into one.

The survivor is granted a free health state, there is absolutely ZERO counterplay to this free health state and if the survivor manages to get away and heal up then they can tell their friends on voice comms where you are, what you're doing, and best of all do a little butt dance to taunt you from across the map.

It's the worst idea they've ever had and there have been some bad ideas.

• NuclearBurrito

I'm just pointing out that if the survivor got hit 3 times without being downed then that says something about how those chases went. Specifically that on 2 separate occasions in a row the Killer found the survivor and then the survivor got away, if he didn't then he would have been downed deactivating the perk. If it doesn't work that way (ie: The perk stays active anyways) then yes that is bad. But if it resets on a down then the counterplay is literally what the Killers are already doing anyways.

Plus it isn't abusable because things like traps and hatchets don't count, and insta-downs bypass it.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

This is just personal, but unlike Decisive Strike, at least i won't get stunned with this Perk.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@NuclearBurrito

"I don't think it means what you think it does. Basically it says it is disabled when you get downed. Lets go on this series of events if this works like I think it does:

A: You get hit twice and are now downed. You get hooked and then unhooked but are immediately downed again. You have now been hit 3 times so the perk activates. However you were just downed so it deactivates. The perk is now not active

B: You get hit once and then heal back up. You then get hit twice and are now downed. The perk refreshes like in case A.

C: You get hit twice and are now downed. You are hooked and then unhooked, your unhooker heals your back to full. The killer comes back and hits you. The perk is now active and will absorb the next attack.

D: You get hit and then heal back to full on 2 separate occasions without getting downed. The Killer injures you again and now the perk activates and will absorb the next attack.

In cases C and D if you were to then heal back to full then your aura would be revealed while the perk remains active. Note how in both cases you NEED to successfully escape the Killer and put work in to get it meaningfully active. Even using an instant heal doesn't cut it."

I think you explained it all correctly, but anyway, this perk will have a terrible impact on the killer.

With BT and the new upcoming DS the killer is literally forced to go for the unhooker instead of the unhooked. So that guy gets a free chance to heal up. With Self Care used by 84% of all survivor we can take that as a given.

Next chase, the survivor will need 3 hits to get downed instead of 2. Now imagine every survivor using this.

With an average hit taking ~35 seconds, the killer will lose 140 seconds!

Don't forget that it says "ignores", so even people in broken status or with deep wounds can take advantage from it.

Also it will reward tanking hits. If I just interfere in a chase to tank a hit for a teammate and heal it up while the killer keeps chasing the original target, I get the chance to stack up on single hits to get the chance to ignore a hit.

This would make single hits on survivor even more meaningless as they are now. In fact, single hits would benefit the survivor.

The whole game design of this perk is fundamentaly broken af.

• tt_ivi_99
    edited March 2019

@NuclearBurrito

Lets use an actual example:

I down Nea with 2 hits and hook her, then she is saved and healed by Meg.

I now find David on the other side of the map and hit him, in the middle of the chase I find Nea doing a gen so I switch targets to apply preassure because David will have to spend 30+ seconds healing.

I hit Nea and now I have to hit her 2 more times to down her... Tell me how is that balanced? She just ######### up 4 times and gets rewarded for it while I lost all my preassure when I was the one playing good.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946

It's just like an extra DH.

It activates after 3 hits (usually one hook) and reveals your aura if you heal fully afterwards.

No Mither troll build?

Immortal DH? One hit, DH, MoM, Second hit. Everyone gets the Legion flashback.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

It says it will deactivate on *the next* time you're downed. Deactivation requires previous activation.

Thus if it's not active and the survivor is downed, there's no deactivation. This means if the survivor is downed in 2 hits, getting either slugged, hooked, partially or fully healed doesn't matter, he already has 2 "tokens". He only needs to get hit once more in any circumstance for the perk to activate.

• NuclearBurrito

I hope not. You should need to actually escape the chase somehow

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

The new perk sounds interesting! Some of you are overreacting. 😐

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@IronKnight55

I know lots of survivor really suck at mathematics, but this perk will make single hits even less rewarding for the killer.

Survivor always want killer to switch targets, spread damage and not tunnel, but this will reward the survivor even more if the killer is playing like that.

The nerfed Thana instead of buffing it and now this?

• NathanExplosion
    NathanExplosion Member Posts: 337

By looking at all this threads on every forums...

Is the community finally saw the light ?

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917
    edited March 2019

Amazing perk. Can be used only 1 time in the trial and requires 3 hits. I dont see why complain. Its time to get something good finally. Some killer are broken(nurse,legion and a lot of addons Huntress oneshot no spirit phase instasaw etc) and until they fix this s.hit this perk needs to go live.

• The_Crusader
    edited March 2019

When people try to downplay it and say its not so good - this right here is what all the survivor mains are saying.

They consider it one of the few good perks, along with old DS. Which tells you how broken it is.

Post edited by The_Crusader on
  • ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797

Dawn of The First Day

-3 months till Mettle of Man's release-

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

DS now is useless, move on, take the fat killer perk going out the locker

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

@tt_ivi_99

The perk is fine. I think you're overreacting by calling it old DS when the perk had no condition or penalty to be used. Mettle of Man is a jail free card at the cost of becoming the Obsession, a condition requirement, and penalty after use. I'll love to see my Obsession run this perk because whenever the 5th generator is completed, if they already used the perk, their aura is permanently exposed since I never down them. Guess what's next? Rancor says hello. GG.

• The_Crusader

Rancor is a ######### perk that's why nobody takes it. You're now shafted if you don't bring Rancor.

Not to mention that 4 survivors running this will be powerful enough to allow survivors to make it to endgame anyway since chases will last longer now. Just like old DS.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

You'll also see where these four survivors are at and if you use Rancor, it's practically a free mori since you'll always see the Obsession's aura. Additionally, 4 hits is enough for one hook or 3 hooks if you are a insta-down killer, not too bad in my opinion. We shouldn't be assuming the worst just yet tbh.

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

So I haven’t played like at all lately..

What is this perk you’re speaking about, and chapter you’re referring to?

I thought the puking Killers Survivor had the heal to 50% perk, locker stun perk and some other perk.

Can someone TLDR these questions??

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

It's leaked content. This perk would nullify every third hit a survivor received from the killer, essentially being Borrowed Time on steroids.

• The_Crusader

But you can only Rancor 1. The other 3 get a free get out of jail free card throughout the game and get to tbag you from across the map while you're mori'ing the obsession.

• Crythor
    Crythor Member Posts: 296

Sry but what perk are we talking about? Can someonepost the effect of the perk please?

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

This perk would nullify every third hit a survivor received from the killer, essentially being Borrowed Time on steroids.

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

If it’s actually in the game and is licensed, prepare yourselves.

I doubt it will be changed.