Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

You survivors who run killers all day...

Shad03
Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

;)

Just wanted to say that I am kinda said stealth is not really a thing anyone seems to care about. I personally never want to be found (I swear some killers put a tracker on me), I like stealth and trying to hide. The fear of being found making my heart race and blood pumping.

But then, it seems people who want to be afraid, people who fear the killer, are slowly dying. We are not brave. We just forget to fear Death.

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Hey, it's a Destiny 2 reference! I got that game for free and I was still disappointed!

• Shad03

I got it free as well. I sorta enjoyed it, but the gb was harsh on my storage. Had to delete it, oh well, could always go for Warframe. Heard that game was good.

• Orion

Warframe is extremely grindy and not fun without a friend, IMO. (hint hint)

I mean, I was disappointed, but I also enjoyed it, like you. I just felt like they were diving whole-hog into microtransactions to the point that the game was unenjoyable for players and unsustainable for them (since not enough people bought the game nor made use of the microtransactions).

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Nobody cares much about stealth because not learning how to loop will f u as a survivor, it's the sad reality for you stealth players. I used to be one but nowadays, I'm all about looping.

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340

If every killer was Nurse with no blink pause and infinite Noed they would be scared to taunt the killer. Problem is Killers are not strong enough and survivors can run the killer because of so many second chances.

• Orion

Yeah, but if the killers were strong, then survivors would complain that they had to fear the killer.

• Shad03

@Poweas I can stealth and loop. But for my own enjoyment I prefer to stealth.

• Shad03

A shame Dead by Daylight is no longer a horror game. Imagine playing the first Outlast and you chased Chris Walker for fun. (I know people do it, but they don't have means to fight back, unlike in DbD, where you are either a bullied killer, or a bad survivor.)

• Kagrenac
    Kagrenac Member Posts: 773

Running the killer is more fun than the hold m1 simulator this game is

• NoodleLegs
    NoodleLegs Member Posts: 317

tbh it gets irritating when i'm running the killer for over 3 minutes and no one's getting gens and im injured and my adrenaline needs to pop at that second. it always pops at the wrong time, like im on the ground, it pops, and im on the ground right after.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I try to stealth a little bit, I’ve just never been good at stealth. Or maybe I think I’m bad at it. Idk I do avoid getting caught for the most part.

• OMagic_ManO
    OMagic_ManO Member Posts: 3,278

I stealth a bit when working gens, as I run Dead Hard, Resilience, Leader and Prove Thyself, Destiny 2? Finished the game, it got repetitive.

I gen rush and run the killer around, hide, anything.

• ZCerebrate
    ZCerebrate Member Posts: 641

The thing is "true" stealthing in this particular hide and seek game is actually discouraged (You will de or black pip for it even if you rescue 2 people and do 3 of the 5 generators alone currently). Optimally you just run in the open from loop to loop doing generators and hope the killer chases you so you can loop him for 2~3 minutes while other stuff gets done, let him hook you. Get rescued then go do a generator or two and that lands you on the 1 pip.

If the killer is bad you infinitely loop him - escape then do a generator or two. Rescue a friend maybe, never get hooked and walk out for a 2 pip but honestly this just doesn't happen once you get to low ranks

• Shad03

To be fair I've played Skyrim thousands of times and never got bored. So I think I can handle a repetitive Warframe.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647
    edited March 2019

The problem is when everyone stealth plays with 1 gen left the game takes way to long and someone usually has to take a hook for the team to give enough time to finish the last gen. Now if the gens are across map from each other than this does not apply (if the stealth players finish their gens optimally). I have a friend who loves the stealth play cause she does saves and gens really well, but just doesn't like the chase aspect of the game. She even has 1000 + hours and just does it for fun. Whatever is fun for the player is what will keep them in a specific play style. I wouldn't say that all players don't stealth, but the argument of saying that there are less and less stealth players as time goes on is true.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

People dont need to bother with stealth because they can also loop.

When there is a stealthy looper in your game, then you know that you are in trouble

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

I know it lol. I'm normally not all that great in chases. I'm alright, but I had a great chase against a Billy. It was long. It was maybe 3 minutes at least. No joke. Maybe 4 minutes. I'm not sure. Only 1 gen got done the entire time, and he was on me the entire time. I used up like 5 pallets of course, but I was thinking at least 3 gens would of popped in that time. Only 1 did at the end.

What were they doing? lol I was the 1st chase.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@Master sometimes I play stealthy for that exact reason. To try to see if im on a reliant team, which I normally am. I hide as the killer destroys and snowballs my team then when they slug for the 4k, I loop them until the guy bleeds out and sometimes escape through hatch. Obviously, I dont normally do this.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Any horror game will lose its horror after you've played it for a certain amount of time.

It will happen to you as well. 👻

• Shad03

@NoShinyPony When I am with my friends, I don't really feel anything, unless it's a spoopy Spirit, those will forever be scary.

But alone, where I know I can die without help, well THAT is when the fear sets in.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

@Shad03 Enjoy it. ☺️ As I said, any horror game is spooky only for a limited amount of time.

• Shad03

@NoShinyPony I know. I am well aware of the fact.