Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How are you all liking the new Fire Up?

rooCraah
rooCraah Member Posts: 138

From experience it seems to be a pretty decent perk. Since the buff, once all 5 gens are complete, your pallet break speed is on par with Brutal Strength, you vault *faster* than you would with Bamboozle, and you also get a minor convenience boost to picking survivors up.

And I know that you're not likely to be doing much chasing after 5 gens are done, but considering survivors tend to do gens faster in the early-game when you haven't yet put on pressure, and generally most of the game is spent with around 3 gens completed, it seems like it will have pretty good value. It should outshine Brutal Strength on killers that shine in the late-game, like Doc, Hag, Trapper or Freddy.

It does also have natural synergy with endgame builds that run NOED or Remember Me, as having fast pallet break speed and fast vault speed in the late-game is better than having just pallet break speed during the whole game.

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Wait, you've actually used this? And it's good? Damn, I gotta level up the Nightmare.

• rooCraah
    rooCraah Member Posts: 138

Eh, wouldn't say Fire Up alone is justification to level him, but you definitely should to get Remember Me and Blood Warden. Remember Me on Trapper is a really strong way to extend the game and get an extra kill as long as the obsession is taken care of, and if you're good at using Blood Warden (I.E. you can guarantee that Blood Warden triggers when you death-hook someone) it basically is a free kill in every game that goes to late-game.

But yeah, using Fire Up is an interesting experiment, +12-16% to pallet breaks, vaults and pickups is pretty good. I also just thought that it should be decent on Myers, as it helps with his one weakness of Pallets, buffs up his already fast vault speed even further, and Myers traditionally doesn't chase much during the first 30-45 seconds of the game so yeah.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I'm actually gonna use it on the Plague. The playstyle I'm using with her relies on the end-game, so if Fire Up is as good as you say, it might just be the perfect addition to the build.