The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Help alleviate camping/ tunneling by reworking maps.

SmokePotion
SmokePotion Member Posts: 1,089

Before I start. This is not going to completely fix the issue. This is just one thing causing these symptoms.

The typical hooking goes something like this. Killer puts Nea on the hook, checks the immediate area, and then goes to check gens. Well, this SHOULD be the typical hook, but it really isn't. What happens more often then not, is that the killer is leaving the area to circle back. Why? Because there's no gens close enough to check.

When a survivor is unhooked, a killer has 2 choices. Check objectives and MAYBE find 1 person. Or return to the hook for a guaranteed chance at a chase with 2 victims. So if you don't want the killer doubling back for the expected unhook. (And from the amount of comments after games, I think survivors don't want me doing this.) Then adjust the maps so the killer has the ability to check objectives after hooking someone.

If the killer has the ability to check 2-3 gens and get a chase, they probably aren't going to drop the chase they have, for a chase they might get. Even if 2 people are there. It's not good time management. Part of the problem is the random spawning of the maps. They are going to need to work out a way to make this work.

Comments