The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Dying Light, great perk for the killer or the survivors?

deathsia
deathsia Member Posts: 250

The reason why I ask this question is because I've been running it for the past 10 games and I can't manage to get a sac on them until roughly 3 or 4 gens are powered...which basically makes this perk useless in that situation since most skilled survivor groups will have the gens they plan on capping out quickly halfway prepped by this point making that 25% speed reduction pointless.

Is there a use for Dying Light outside of getting seriously lucky and camping your obsession on the hook praying someone comes along to save them so you can instant-down them again?

Comments

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104

@deathsia Don't use Dying Light anymore, the Decisive Rework killed it.

After a Decisive Strike succeeds THAT survivor is now the obsession. This means, that now you can tunnel and kill or sacrifice the obsession, only to get the perk reactivated if you happen to pick up a survivor too soon.

The only unique Myers perk that's good in a normal match is Save the Best for Last.

Play with Your Food is only good if you are running Judiths Tombstone and Fragrant Tuft of Hair.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

With the new obsession changes Dying light is useless if anyone is running DS. I wouldn't risk running it to be honest.

• TheLastGreatStar
    TheLastGreatStar Member Posts: 1,002

It's always seemed like a very situational perk. It also seemed like it pretty much promoted camping / tunnelling too as you needed that obsession gone as quick as possible for it to be even remotely useful. Always struck me as a weird perk to be in the game. I think it would have made more sense if it took effect / got stronger each time the obsession was hit instead of them having to be dead.

• PigMainBigBrain
    PigMainBigBrain Member Posts: 1,893

Dying light is the mori perk. You hook the obsession once, down them again and immediately mori. Thats it. Followed shortly by possible DC's. Is it a good perk.....no.

It immediately shuts down the obsessions game if you go directly for them, and for the rest of the team they have to deal with the action reduction with no counter to it. IMO they should rework it, and rebuff thano to be the gen speed perk....

Still hella miffed about them nerfing thano after ptb but during ptb showing us an actual good perk with good numbers....hella miffed...

• Slipknirvana
    Slipknirvana Member Posts: 26

I guess they didn't keep the Rancor rework, I thought they would go good together.

• Toxicity23
    Toxicity23 Member Posts: 387

Double-edged sword, It can be useful or lead to your demise. IT might take longer due to DS rework, but it doesn't make them unkillable.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,552

It all depends on the type of survivor you get, are they immersed or do they DC if they're the first one caught? If they make good use of their healing buff and dont get caught you're giving a survivor a fifth perk while having only 3 for yourself.