We are investigating an issue in the game that causes strobing/flashing lights, and are focused on fixing it as soon as possible. Some players may be impacted by this issue and experience discomfort from it, so we recommend taking proper precautions.

And until we fix this issue, we recommend that players with photosensitivity, or who have an epileptic condition or have had seizures of any kind consult their physician before playing.

How strong is the Entity?

Options
SwagBrandon108
SwagBrandon108 Member Posts: 1

Sorry, kinda new to dead by daylight, but I’ve looked into lot into the lore of the game and how the games operate, but what keeps bugging me is the entity. It is this god like creature that takes people and monster of people from different realities to play different games of life and death, and it enjoys the pain and death of survivors, but how strong is it, I mean taking characters from movies, going back in time, (maybe future also as a new DLC) nothing can escape its grasp, Is there limits to the entity, that’s my question, hope get some cools responses.

Answers

• Twinkletits
    Twinkletits Member Posts: 60
    Options

So as far as I know the Entity is not technically speaking all that strong, in fact it can only "steal" characters from places of great tragedy like mass murders and so on. While in it's own realm it can do as it pleases, in the real world it's not really present at all even though the Entity's ultimate goal is to get enough "power/hope" from the survivors to eventually devour the world. And while I do think it can't do much to the real world right now it is said throughout the game (Krueger backstory) that the Entity is indeed very powerful and ancient so who knows what it truly can do. And while again it can't do much in places where nothing bad really happened it was still strong enough to "steal" characters like Michael who is, as said in the game Evil incarnate and Krueger who is a powerful being himself. Other than that it's said that the Entity continually steals new people from the same places of tragedy (As told by Benedict Baker) so maybe me saying it's not present in the real world at all is quite false. Anyways the point is it's both powerful and not as it lives off of torment and can only manifest where the torment is "noticable" so it's kinda a matter of perspective I guess.

• Entity
    Entity Member Posts: 3
    Options

I live in the space between your world and your imagination, waiting for my chance to corrupt people into causing terrible, violent acts. Once this is done, I find my way into your world searching for the perfect soul to pull through the weak spot into my own nightmarish construct, the Realms of The Entity.

Care to join?

• hookedsparrow
    hookedsparrow Member Posts: 3
    Options

Interesting topic! Though it's a bit of a wavery call to make, in my opinion. The Entity isn't as powerful as it would LIKE to be, but possessing the secret to tunnel into other worlds/universes is still pretty impressive ingenuity (if the iterations of survivors being able to play in the same trial isn't evidence enough of multiverse being canon to DbD, I think Bill and the licensed killers certainly are).

The fact that it has yet to devour any of the worlds that it has a foothold in says that either the Entity is stretching itself too thin in its greed, or maybe, _possibly _ it’s thwarted by natural/metaphysical laws that have been put in place by something greater.

Though... whatever this greater something could be, it’s either restrained from interfering with the Entity’s trials directly, or maybe the Entity is that one crazy neighbor that other forces just don’t mess with. The Entity would hardly be unique in that respect; among the Greek pantheon, not even Zeus was game for messing with Nyx.

Or maybe this other greater force explains why the Entity isn’t as powerful as it would like to be; fighting to keep other forces from stopping its games or stealing its toys would probably cause it to expend quite a bit of power, as well as forcing it to operate a bit more stealthily by putting in subtle footholds in other worlds instead of just actively kidnapping people.

Buuuut this is all just wild speculation on my end. Take it as you will! :sunglasses:

• UpsetHillbilly
    UpsetHillbilly Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2018
    Options

@hookedsparrow said:
    The fact that it has yet to devour any of the worlds that it has a foothold in says that either the Entity is stretching itself too thin in its greed, or maybe, _possibly _ it’s thwarted by natural/metaphysical laws that have been put in place by something greater.

I doubt the Entity is interested in devouring entire worlds because that would lead to its livestock running out, it gets enough victims sticking to its own personal dimension and occasionally invading others.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,785
    Options

I think the Entity is quite powerful, since it can have influences on the minds and lives of the people it thinks might be a nice addition to its realm (it's hinted somewhere, but it might be a speculation of mine). It can kidnap almost everyone, from a lone teenager in the woods to a powerful being living in the dream world, and it has appearently no space nor time limits.
    If it didn't devour worlds like someone said is, imo, just because it's not interested in doing so. Like a lion doesn't kill all the animals in its territory, but rather only the ones it needs to satiate its hunger, so the Entity does.

• Tradebaron
    Tradebaron Member Posts: 135
    Options
    For all intents and purposes the Entity appears to be as powerful as it needs. It is likely an Old One, or a lesser Great One, much like Cthulhu. I don't mean to say that it directly ties to the Lovecraft Mythos but it's very clearly inspired by it in some way.

It's intentionally vague, alien and misleading. We only catch glimpses of some of it's forms. It can reach into any realm, but remains limited by it's own twisted logic. In some ways one could say it's beyond Good or Evil, merely Is.

Personally I love that. A being that can't ever be broken or fought, yet isn't truly evil as it aids the survivors as well as the killers. 

Praise the Entity, for we shall be delivered into the Fog.
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Options
    The Entity is powerful, but it doesn’t have full and complete control. Even in its own realm. Michael Myers can overpower The Entity. If he uses Judith’s Tombstone or Tombstone piece when he reaches Evil Within 3 he can overpower The Entity and break the rules. 

He can Kill without hooks (Mori), and do as he pleases. Even the Entity can not stop him. To me, this makes Myers the most powerful Killer in DBD lore wise, as he can literally “break the rules” and the Entiry has no say in the matter. All other Killers are bound by these “rules” of Killing, Myers is not. 
  • Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000
    Options

Well only as strong as the devs will allow. And the devs allow Freddy so the entity can't be that powerful.

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,149
    Options

@SovererignKing said:
    The Entity is powerful, but it doesn’t have full and complete control. Even in its own realm. Michael Myers can overpower The Entity. If he uses Judith’s Tombstone or Tombstone piece when he reaches Evil Within 3 he can overpower The Entity and break the rules. 

He can Kill without hooks (Mori), and do as he pleases. Even the Entity can not stop him. To me, this makes Myers the most powerful Killer in DBD lore wise, as he can literally “break the rules” and the Entiry has no say in the matter. All other Killers are bound by these “rules” of Killing, Myers is not. 

According to one of the Huntress's perks (if those can be considered canon to the lore), the Entity has trouble controlling her as well. Beast of Prey literally says "Your lust for a kill is so intense that your connection with the Entity is momentarily lost, making you totally unpredictable." So if these are canon, Michael isn't the only hard one to control. Hag too with Hex: Devour Hope, but the Entity does have some control over that.